• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

Made it slower!

shslowrbud0.gif

I still say it's been extracted, like a C-Section of some kind. At 2:09 it looks like the scene is after the fact and when she's leaning on the wall you can just make out the staples on her abdomen.

I think the leaked trailer from Comic Con had a scene with her having a huge stomach like a "birthing" scene.

JB1981

oh god that gif seems so spoilery. pretty sure rapaci dies a horrible death. i hope they have saved some surprises!!

sk3

Banned
We've been missing so much the past 30 years. Scott needs to just make Sci-fi movies or have a couple of proteges like other directors/producers sometimes do. He is a master of this genre.

Eh. The more I think about this the more I don't like the idea of it. I don't like that they're scientists seeking out whatever it is they're seeking out, in contrast to Alien in which they're just blue collar schmoes will end up getting royally fucked. I don't like that the characters are educated individuals and that the theme of the movie will seemingly be, "Man's quest for knowledge will be his downfall." That's some end of BSG-level shit right there.

JB1981

i really hope there aren't people in here with "theories" that are actual story spoilers, pretending to be predicting things about the plot.

S1kkZ

lol

What
virus

noomis character says that they are changing, charlize replies "changing into what?". at the beginning of the trailer, you see a human and veins and other weird shit are forming on his body (i think he is the jockey). i dont know if it is a virus or something else.

Gattsu25

Banned
Made it slower!

http://h12.abload.de/img/shslowrbud0.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]Quoting this again..sorry.

I think this is either one of two things:

A false scare and reference to the old Alien films. The thing is literally a squid that is suspended over the sleeping person. The person in the sleep chamber wakes up to find a tentacle swiping at their face in a way that is clearly evocative of the facehugger's in the original alien. Person fully wakes up, starts freaking out, ink prays everywhere and everyone has a good laugh.

OR

Either an actual creature attacking or a stand-in for a CG creature that will be in the full movie. The black inky substance is a MPAA color swap for blood in the scene

Zeliard

i really hope there aren't people in here with "theories" that are actual story spoilers, pretending to be predicting things about the plot.

If you're referring to me, what I said has just been conjecture for a long time now. I've stayed away from anything resembling a script leak. The dude is standing next to a Jockey chair and seems to fit it, so it sort of begs the question.

noomis character says that they are changing, charlize replies "changing into what?". at the beginning of the trailer, you see a human and veins and other weird shit are forming on his body (i think he is the jockey). i dont know if it is a virus or something else.

True, strange stuff.

JB1981

If you're referring to me, what I said has just been conjecture for a long time now. I've stayed away from anything resembling a script leak. The dude is standing next to a Jockey chair and seems to fit it, so it sort of begs the question.

True, strange stuff.

wasn't referring to you specifically but maybe i should depart thread since it seems like the pieces to the puzzle will likely be solved way ahead of time

Clockwork

What I would like to know is how does this single little ship pose such a threat to Earth that the crew takes the ship out, suicide bomber style? Just what did they find?

Well, my thought would be when you are a ship carrying numerous containers of alien/xenomorph eggs (or something similar - that's what I think that room with the big head contained) and you plan on delivering them/dropping them onto planet earth it is a pretty big threat...no?

Eh. The more I think about this the more I don't like the idea of it. I don't like that they're scientists seeking out whatever it is they're seeking out, in contrast to Alien in which they're just blue collar schmoes will end up getting royally fucked. I don't like that the characters are educated individuals and that the theme of the movie will seemingly be, "Man's quest for knowledge will be his downfall." That's some end of BSG-level shit right there.

This is exactly why I like it. It isn't merely a remake of Alien. I own that movie.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Tbh I'm slightly underwhelmed by the trailer. I was kind of hoping for something a little different than the feel and mood they seem to be going. The dialogue seems so stupid too.

JB1981

Trailer seemed a bit cookie cutter, dialogue too.

"Not a map, an invitation."

"From who?"

*dramatic stare*

jeez...

yea have a feeling the first half of the movie will be really pedestrian and then things get really good in second half when shit hits the fan.

DemonNite

Quoting this again..sorry.

I think this is either one of two things:

A false scare and reference to the old Alien films. The thing is literally a squid that is suspended over the sleeping person. The person in the sleep chamber wakes up to find a tentacle swiping at their face in a way that is clearly evocative of the facehugger's in the original alien. Person fully wakes up, starts freaking out, ink prays everywhere and everyone has a good laugh.

OR

Either an actual creature attacking or a stand-in for a CG creature that will be in the full movie. The black inky substance is a MPAA color swap for blood in the scene

from the teaser earlier today

sjs2ywn.gif

so it's definitely something that happens outside

Anyone else read the description at the YouTube link?

In the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system's natural resources. When one side dispatches a team to a distant planet to terraform it for human colonization, the team discovers an indigenous race of bio-mechanoid killers.

Ridley Scott, director of 'Alien' and 'Blade Runner,' returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

First part is new to me.

hteng

Banned
Looks awesome.

Really think the plot is as the title implies:

Aliens left "beacons" throughout the galaxy, so that if humans stumbled on them, it would send something to Earth to attack humans and bring them back to a primitive state, and this would happen again and again forever. Basically, some sort of weapon that prevents intelligent species from becoming too advanced, without having to keep tabs on them 24/7. This fits with the Prometheus myth, who gave the forbidden fire to mankind and was punished by being tied to a mountain where a bird (logo seen in the trailer, and original alien concept had wings) would forever eat his self-regenerating liver (symbolizing life forms constantly being reduced back to primitive forms when they "heal").

i think that's pretty much what's the story about,
and the last scene with the alien ship dropping probably implies that the prometheus crew prevented that from happening

Anteater

hmm maybe it was the way the trailer was cut,
I thought they were talking about the place they're in is an actual life form, and the place was moving and changing.

Looks awesome.

Really think the plot is as the title implies:

Aliens left "beacons" throughout the galaxy, so that if humans stumbled on them, it would send something to Earth to attack humans and bring them back to a primitive state, and this would happen again and again forever. Basically, some sort of weapon that prevents intelligent species from becoming too advanced, without having to keep tabs on them 24/7. This fits with the Prometheus myth, who gave the forbidden fire to mankind and was punished by being tied to a mountain where a bird (logo seen in the trailer, and original alien concept had wings) would forever eat his self-regenerating liver (symbolizing life forms constantly being reduced back to primitive forms when they "heal").

No thanks. I've just played this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom