• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games working on something called Sunset Overdrive

Kifimbo

Kifimbo

Do Facebook games count as "computer game software?"

(Serious question)

Well, the description for Outernauts (their first Facebook game) is slightly different:

Video game software, Entertainment services, namely, providing online video games.

The description for Fuse is also different:

Computer game software; Downloadable computer game programs; Interactive video game programs, Entertainment services, namely, providing an on-line computer game.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They'll be doing an overdrive into the sunset after Fuse releases so I guess its a fitting title.

And yeah sounds like a facebook game to me.

Toppot

Quick someone trademark sunsetunderdrive, sunriseoverdrive and sunriseunderdrive!

Doesn't sound like a great name but will be interesting to see what they have planned

They were hiring iOS people not long ago.
Well we know that at least was to bring Outernauts to iOS.

Toppot

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/306845396687286273

3AfTbBC.png

Amazing what just asking them nicely can get =P

isn't Ryan Schneider the guy that worked on original ratchet games, and on ACIT?

He's worked there for over 9 years
(Link may not work), but he is credited in the Special Thanks for both R&C 1 and 2. So he has worked with/at Insomniac for a long time, 11-12 years. He is Director, Brand Development.

Toppot

Well, outside of Catalyst (2012, might still happen), every Insomniac trademark in the last five years transformed into something real. Space Beats/Galaxy Beats/Outernauts, Overstrike/FUSE, Insomniac Click.

The application is similar to Catalyst, where the trademark has been suspended, it could be this is the final name for Catalyst. Just as Overstrike changed to Fuse. Still, always interested to see what IG come out with.

... but you didn't get anything. You got a placeholder answer that every serious company says to everyone when asked about rumours.

Well usually you get 'We do not comment on rumours or speculation' =P I agree they didn't give any new information, they just confirmed publicly it is something that exists. Which i think is something, even if it is a lot closer to being nothing =P

Well usually you get 'We do not comment on rumours or speculation' =P I agree they didn't give any new information, they just confirmed publicly it is something that exists. Which i think is something, even if it is a lot closer to being nothing =P

"We do not comment on rumours or speculation" is exactly the same thing that you got. You just got a little more personal answer from some sweet community manager. It's not like a huge company like Sony would say "we're an idea factory, Charlie".

Toppot

"We do not comment on rumours or speculation" is exactly the same thing that you got. You just got a little more personal answer from some sweet community manager. It's not like a huge company like Sony would say "we're an idea factory, Charlie".

GRvJ4l1.gif

Well Charlie, I'm glad we can confirm Insomniac Games is cooler than Sony ;)

Top Bottom