• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron Releases a Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it a bad thing that white people are becoming a minority? (which they aren't)

This was the exact question he couldn't answer for the entirety of the 2hr debate. Everytime it came up he would stall out, laugh, and then try to counter. Lamely.

But he never did answer it.

This is what happens when you are a 26 year old who has been raised on the internet and never been out to the real world to see other perspectives, have their views challenged, or gain the ability to empathize. He might be 26, but intellectually, and emotionally, he is a developmentally stunted 13 year old.

How can you miscontruct "yeah, but then inmmigrants would be entering the genetic pool"?

I what way this dosn't mean what it actually means?

I think he didn't quite understand what he was actually saying given his defence and was just spouting off some white supremacist shit he'd read on Brietbart or Stormfront - not that it would excuse anything given the extend of what he said, and even some of his tweets over the past year.

Boke1879

Dude's a fucking racist white supremacist and he aint even white.

Statement is bullshit. Never apologized and is doubling down by saying he didn't frame a better argument. He called on his bullshit. Anyone who says this statement is ok or acts like this nullifies all he's said. Well..that says a lot about you.

I'm sorry, Jontron, but didn't you say there are laws against sexism so women are already equal to men?

There are also laws against racism, so how can there be racism against whites?

I realize that this is complete bullshit, but it's extremely funny that his own stupid-ass logic doesn't even work out for him

Majukun

there's no problem in having pride in your culture..whatever you think it is, but "diluting the gene pool" is a group of words that only belong on the mouth of a racist,no space for mistakes, i fear

Never watched this dude before. He has a pleasant broadcast voice.

Shame he's a total racist dumbfuck.

His image was always a likeable buffoon making nonsensical jokes at classic video games and movies, he was likeable and funny. Hes ruined it.

I really hope the people on NormalBoots distance themselves from it, and him.

I saw this on my twitter feed just before I came here and saw the thread. I think it's pretty appropriate, considering:

xRryOjk.png

This is partially why Jafari can be the way he is, and people can defend him, and people can place their empathy with those who might get called racist online for their racist beliefs, but somehow misplace that empathy when it comes to those actually affected by racism.

Twentieth

These guys need to hire some PR manager. If an actual journalist they're so against said the things JonTron said doubled down on it, you would bank that they would not only be against, but also get the journalist fired.

Unless the PR manager keeps a tight leash, the bigotry will spill out sooner ou later. TotalBiscuit can't contain himself from time to time, for instance.

I saw this on my twitter feed just before I came here and saw the thread. I think it's pretty appropriate, considering:

xRryOjk.png

That's fucking on point. And shows exactly what happened with PDP.

I think he didn't quite understand what he was actually saying given his defence and was just spouting off some white supremacist shit he'd read on Brietbart or Stormfront - not that it would excuse anything given the extend of what he said, and even some of his tweets over the past year.

That could work if he was a 13 year old kid, who, maybe, dosn't know what "genetic pool" means, but for a 26 year old man? Lol No.

And if that's the (very unlikely) case he deserves even more backslash.

Josh7289

While I agree that blaming "white people" for bad things in this country is racist, the proper thing to do is to criticize those individuals saying things like that. The improper thing to do is to go down the road of white nationalism, which is the road that Jon Jafari seems to have been traveling.

This is what happens when you are a 26 year old who has been raised on the internet and never been out to the real world to see other perspectives, have their views challenged, or gain the ability to empathize. He might be 26, but intellectually, and emotionally, he is a developmentally stunted 13 year old.

What makes this extra, extra strange, is that beyond the fact that he's the son of immigrants, dude lives in NYC.

Like, you have to actually try really hard to live in NYC and still be accidentally racist but not racist please believe me.

Anung

Un Rama
Unless the PR manager keeps a tight leash, the bigotry will spill out sooner ou later. TotalBiscuit can't contain himself from time to time, for instance.

He's going to keep posting pictures of Sasquatch's. "Look everyone I moved on, I'm still a loveable goofball"

LionPride

Banned
The thing that blows me is the fact he tried to do that bullshit when a person is in front of someone of the same race and gender while saying dumbass shit.

Like, when he was asked why does he believe black people are gemetically predisposed to committ crime he just laughed and said "we both know why"

Fuck him. Fuck him, has mammy, and his bald headed granny.

None of his friends are getting themselves roped in with him. Jon is basically digging in and defending himself for his "flustered moment" being "dissected". How does somebody reasonably end up in this situation... i'm just so confused on his logic.

What makes this extra, extra strange, is that beyond the fact that he's the son of immigrants, dude lives in NYC.

Like, you have to actually try really hard to live in NYC and still be accidentally racist but not racist please believe me.

If you spend your entire life sitting in front of a computer, living through your "community" of followers, it doesn't really matter where you live. You can insulate your self from all of the diversity, all of the opposing views, and your entire life revolves around "doing it for the lulz" you are going to end up with the same kind of mental deficiencies as JonTron here.

Sushi Nao

While I agree that blaming "white people" for bad things in this country is racist, the proper thing to do is to criticize those individuals saying things like that. The improper thing to do is to go down the road of white nationalism, which is the road that Jon Jafari seems to have been traveling.

...you know that a British colonial country built on slave labour is going to have problems with perpetuating racist power structures right

kulapik

Oh, he uploaded it to YouTube? Well, there goes my unsubscription then. I was hoping he'd separate his YouTube channel from this mess, but nope, so fuck him.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So a white person saying that white people ruined America for voting trump, is equivalent to the same white person saying that black people ruined America for voting for Obama. Does this guy even know how to properly make analogies?

Beartruck

Dropped this guy months ago when he deleted all of his old video game related videos (you know, the ones he built his brand on). This double down just reaffirms my decision.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Even before watching this I knew this would be "Misunderstood. Poor me. Everybody against me. SJW. Not racist."

None of his friends are getting themselves roped in with him. Jon is basically digging in and defending himself for his "flustered moment" being "dissected". How does somebody reasonably end up in this situation... i'm just so confused on his logic.

I don't know, Total Biscuit spent a lot of time making the articles written about this incident the real problem and while didn't support his views, he refused to denounce the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom