• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A guy uses Little Big Planet 2 to remake Final Fantasy VII

dc89

Jamie Colliver set aside free time during the last six months to completely tell the story of Final Fantasy VII done completely with the LittleBigPlanet 2 level creator. Spanning twenty different levels, this rendition takes full advantage of the creator from LBP2, including all conversations, sound tracks, characters, bosses, and enemies. Jamie also created a full battle system with all Limit Breaks, and managed to simulate all five material types by using Creatinators.

Source: PSU.com

FinalFantasyVIISkyline.jpg

The creators YouTube channel has around 6 videos showing over two hours of gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF9D7EDF22859E9D2&feature=mh_lolz

Mock if old. Shame I'm away for a few days or I'd totally be jumping on LBP2 to see if this is live and needless to say if it was I'd play it.

Teknoman

Motorcycle chase music was really well done. Chase itself is kinda clunky, but I cant do scrolling areas yet either. Heh this guy has done all this and i'm STILL only on my 3/8 stage.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The more I see from this the more amazed I am. I know I kind of jumped in with a snarky comment but this guy did an amazing job with the tools he had available.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
LBP is such an amazing game. Bought LBP2 at launch but haven't even opened it yet. Somehow I don't mind waiting, game definitely improves with age. Will be a good day when I pop it in.

LBP is such an amazing game. Bought LBP2 at launch but haven't even opened it yet. Somehow I don't mind waiting, game definitely improves with age. Will be a good day when I pop it in.

Only played LBP 2 recently for the first time. I always thought I wouldn't be really interested since it just was "more" LBP, but I was floored by some of the things MM and the community did in this game. It's really insane what's possible in comparison to LBP.

Tagg9

Why not? The guy was passionate enough about both games and put 2 and 2 together.

It just seems to me that "recreating" classics in current creator mode games is a waste of time and energy. I'd rather see something original that actually looks like fun.

No one is going to want to play FFVII in LBP2. It's all a load of text and clunky platforming based on the videos. The novelty of it is cool, sure, but I still don't see the practicality of it all. I thought the same when someone recreated Super Mario in Halo.

Triple U

Banned
It just seems to me that "recreating" classics in current creator mode games is a waste of time and energy. I'd rather see something original that actually looks like fun.

No one is going to want to play FFVII in LBP2. It's all a load of text and clunky platforming based on the videos. The novelty of it is cool, sure, but I still don't see the practicality of it all. I thought the same when someone recreated Super Mario in Halo.

Theres tons of that in LBP, both versions.

Went into this thinking I'd watch for a minute and close it. Ended up watching a good amount. Some of the music is pretty awesome and the game is pretty faithful considering it's made in LBP2.

NZNova

Watching Cloud escape from the reactor makes me think of two things.

• I really should replay Final Fantasy VII
  • The platforming in Little Big Planet really sucks

Watching Cloud escape from the reactor makes me think of two things.

• I really should replay Final Fantasy VII
  • The platforming in Little Big Planet really sucks

Yeah, every part of this that involves actually playing LBP2 looks painful. I'm enjoying the videos though.

This coming from someone with a Kingdom Hearts avatar is hilarious.

Anyway, bookmarked the playlist and will watch whenever I've got the spare time. Looking forward to it.

Man

I've seen some very impressive LBP2 stuff but this isn't one of them. Plays vaguely on nostalgia and nothing else. Impressive amount of work though.

jaxword

Sometimes I am tempted to create Chrono Break using one of the many, many great engines we have available to us.

Then I realize I have no artistic skill at all. :(

I actually played the first couple of levels of this back when I was still playing LBP2 about a year ago, and the quality was excellent except for the battles being kinda clunky (which it's LBP2, it's impressive just to have functioning RPG battles to begin with).

Top Bottom