• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Q3: Assassin's Creed 3 12m, Far Cry 3 4.5m shipped

Pooya

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/Ubisoft Q3 FY13 Englishtcm9982637.pdf

odhkv5.png

oypkx6.png

will update with tidbits from conference call.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And this makes Assassin's Creed 3 the biggest Assassin's Creed by about 1-2 million.

That's also a pretty huge performance for Far Cry 3.

Ein Bear

And thus, Ubisoft are given no incentive at all to stop releasing buggy games that run like shit on consoles.

Worst part of these news is that it basically confirms we are gonna see Connor again...

My last hope is that they just make Connor travel to some other part of the world.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Worst part of these news is that it basically confirms we are gonna see Connor again...

My last hope is that they just make Connor travel to some other part of the world.

The last survey hinted at co-op so it's presumably Connor and Aveline in some U.S. location.

szaromir

Banned
It seems yet again that excellent choice setting gave AC enormous sales despite mixed reception from critics/enthusiast gamers. We had the same situation with Assassin's Creed 1.

Jackano

Full results supposedly comes out after the EU stock market closing, in about one hour.

Edit: Actually, they messed up. Two hours too early for the PR!

UrbanRats

Did Ubisoft ever hinted at Beyond Good & Evil 2 being shifted to next gen (as opposed to being completely canned)? I think if they market it right, that could really end up doing good (>2 millions), even though the first one was a total flop.

Glass Rebel

Weren't both Assassin's Creed III and FarCry 3 pretty messy on consoles? I wonder if it's going to hurt them in the long run.

SmokyDave

Vita smashing 3DS in the only metric that really matters to true hardcore gamers™

I hereby suggest we only measure handhelds according to The Ubisoft Index.

Jackano

It's crazy how they don't give a shit about the handheld market. They were present at the beginning with Ghost Recon 3DS, since then, nothing. It doesn't make any sense!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's crazy how they don't give a shit about the handheld market. They were present at the beginning with Ghost Recon 3DS, since then, nothing. It doesn't make any sense!

That Ghost Recon game was awesome too. I'd gladly buy a sequel. X-Com mixed with Ghost Recon? Yep.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And this makes Assassin's Creed 3 the biggest Assassin's Creed by about 1-2 million.

Whereas both Brotherhood and Revelations sold a little less than their predecessors, sales of the numbered releases have been strongly consistent; I believe all three are somewhere north of 10m.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Whereas both Brotherhood and Revelations sold a little less than their predecessors, sales of the numbered releases have been strongly consistent; I believe all three are somewhere north of 10m.

The only one I'm unsure about is Assassin's Creed 1, where the highest number I saw was 9 million.

It's been a few years though since then.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Took me a few seconds to realize that Autres is just simply French for other :lol

What the heck happened to the Wii sales? Did Just Dance stop selling or is it some other title that explains the huge dropoff?

Yeah I gotta say Far Cry 3 is a great game. I had a really great time with it, but I hope they come up with a better story for Far Cry 4.

I'm not a big fan of the whole "the whole point is that it's a stupid story, it's a critique to videogame stories" thing...How about making a good story first and then do the whole irony thing?

jcm

Vita had half as much revenue as Wii U? That's either good news for AC:L or bad news for Wii U. I suspect it's the latter.

The handheld market outside of Japan sucks. Neither Vita nor 3DS sell much software, so why make games for it?

Glass Rebel

Anecdotal, but my friends who played both on consoles did not seem to notice or care about the performance issues.

I only played Far Cry 3 in splitscreen co-op on a PS3 and it was awful but I thought "well... it is splitscreen". Never experienced it for myself how bad it is.

Well, Julian Gollop left and is making his own project now.

Good. Good.

At a different pub? Indie? Kickstarter?

ACIII is my less favorite game in the series... I can't even bring myself to go back and complete the side trophies like I always do.

The locations setting was the most boring I've ever seen in years.

Kinyou

Wonder how the next AC will sell. I mean it seems like most players were rather disappointed and I'd imagine that the casual crowd was quickly bored by it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Judging by this they've moved their handheld line-up to mobile/browser:

ubireleased9zje.png

Top Bottom