• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Got the LE for $40 from Amazon as well, but I live in Canada, so add in the shipping and I end up paying a few dollars less than the normal price.

From what I've read, the CT part is just an extended version of the True End route. So he'd be missing out on quite a bit.

Suprisingly Tager is actually pretty good in this version.

How did you get the LE for $40?

Suprisingly Tager is actually pretty good in this version.
Yeah, apparently the whole cast(bananas, I know) is looking viable this time around. I watched Tsubaki do decent work at GodsGarden just a couple of weeks ago. Tager being labeled A tier by some just sounds so weird.
Guess who forgot to check out after putting the game into the cart in Amazon for the $40.00 LE?

THAT'S RIGHT

QisTopTier

mini edit: finally found the OT
Poor dude haha

Busaiku

So how easy is Platinum to pick up?
Thinking of starting there or Jin.

I only played like a couple games of Calamity Trigger with Carl way back.

So how easy is Platinum to pick up?
Thinking of starting there or Jin.

I only played like a couple games of Calamity Trigger with Carl way back.

All characters are pretty different so I would recommend you to try out all the characters and deciding yourself. I picked Rachel in CT and was a literal punching bag for about a month. D button was my enemy during this time.

If you want the easiest to pick up, I would recommend Ragna or Jin.

All characters are pretty different so I would recommend you to try out all the characters and deciding yourself. I picked Rachel in CT and was a literal punching bag for about a month. D button was my enemy during this time.

After I established myself as a Tager kind of guy, I messed around with other characters. I was so determined to make Rachel work! And now I drink to forget those games

After I established myself as a Tager kind of guy, I messed around with other characters. I was so determined to make Rachel work! And now I drink to forget those games

Hah, I remember that I strongly considered dropping Rachel two weeks in. Keep in mind that my other serious 2D fighter was SF4. Yeah, it was a painful learning experience.

Then after I learned it, I only did the same mix up over and over and over and over.

Now, I just purple grab all the time. Lag is on my side.

Naite

Which is all he really needs to play through to be honest.

True, but if he's playing it for the story I figure he'd want to experience everything. Ignoring that loathesome requirement to 100% each route in CT.

After maining this bastard in CT and CS, I will be shocked if this is true. :p
Yea I kinda thought it'd never happen to him anything soon too. Some of stuff I've seen him do in japanese matches really make me want to pick him up. I also wanna try out Ragna too. There's something about using overheads (6B) midcombo that I just love seeing.

SupaNaab

This looks like one of the most balanced fighters to date according to the various tier listings on Dustloop:

Current Dustloop Assessment List: 1/23/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen >> Arakune, Taokaka, Hazama
A Rank: Tager, Bang, Carl, Mu >> Relius, Noel, Platinum, Lambda
B Rank: Rachel, Litchi, Jin, Tsubaki, Makoto

Current JP BBS Assessment List: 1/23/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen
A Rank: Arakune, Hazama, Tager, Taokaka, Bang, Carl
B Rank: Relius, Mu, Noel, Platinum, Lambda >> Rachel, Litchi, Jin
C Rank: Tsubaki, Makoto

Satoshi List: 1/9/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen, Arakune, Taokaka, Hazama, Carl
A Rank: Everyone Else

"There aren't really any weak characters in this version. While character ranks DO exist and they can influence gameplay, in this version, it's more of what good (with regard to risk vs reward) option X can a character perform in Y situation, given that Y situation can come up a total number of Z times per round."

Theres some pretty extensive information in the posts that follow this.
Dustloop Forums Tier List and Explanations Thread

Takuan

Yeah, I saw the Darkstalkers comparison gifs on the first page of the Vita thread. I have to admit that it is one of the coolest features after seeing that. BlazBlue should look amazing.

Now I'm wondering how good Skullgirls would look on an OLED...

:/
Huh, I'd forgotten about that Darkstalkers collection. Gonna have to get that on my Go.

If this is a near-perfect port, I'll probably get it when it's cheaper. When the Vita gets cheaper.

Theonik

It should exist in Europe. I don't think North America is getting a Vita LE.
Yeah, Zen United is doing an LE for their Vita version. Will look like this.

My issue is that I really don't need 2 LEs and if I'm going to double dip, I'd rather do it later, when the price is lower too. I feel the Vita release is a must for me at least. (so that's what I'm getting at launch so I have something to do on my Vita) Decisions...

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Nabbed that $40 LE on the first day.

BB is the main fighting game among my roommates, so this will be great. Most balanced cast to date and nice summary of the past storyline? Great time to pick up the series imo. If anyone is on XBL, we should play sometime.

remz

This looks like one of the most balanced fighters to date according to the various tier listings on Dustloop:

Current Dustloop Assessment List: 1/23/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen >> Arakune, Taokaka, Hazama
A Rank: Tager, Bang, Carl, Mu >> Relius, Noel, Platinum, Lambda
B Rank: Rachel, Litchi, Jin, Tsubaki, Makoto

Current JP BBS Assessment List: 1/23/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen
A Rank: Arakune, Hazama, Tager, Taokaka, Bang, Carl
B Rank: Relius, Mu, Noel, Platinum, Lambda >> Rachel, Litchi, Jin
C Rank: Tsubaki, Makoto

Satoshi List: 1/9/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen, Arakune, Taokaka, Hazama, Carl
A Rank: Everyone Else

Theres some pretty extensive information in the posts that follow this.
Dustloop Forums Tier List and Explanations Thread
Seeing Tager in A Rank brings a tear to my eye. Seeing how damn good/even everyone is makes me cry. That's awesome.

cj_iwakura

IMO, BlazBlue has a very nice learning curve. Most every character has 'simple' combos you can learn to cheap people out with. Then if you really love the character, there's lots of advanced options to learn along the way(which the challenges help lots with).

I started out with Jin, just spamming ice cars and his freeze throws.

Now I can do his medium tier stuff, which makes him look like a boss.

Watching his pro moves is just dazzling.

And he's a great story mode character, too. BlazBlue honestly has one of the best plots of any fighting game around.
(Of course, if you have a healthy tolerance of anime tropes, that helps.)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
IMO, BlazBlue has a very nice learning curve. Most every character has 'simple' combos you can learn to cheap people out with. Then if you really love the character, there's lots of advanced options to learn along the way(which the challenges help lots with).

I think the learning curve is very steep at the very beginning, and it then it coasts along much easier. For instance, the casual fighter can have fun mashing buttons to SFIV and have a great time. The damage is very front-loaded, so matches can go by pretty quickly. It's much more frustrating to do so in BB, since the meat of the damage is in the combo. BB also has so many different gauges and quirks to be aware of (air unblockables, instant blocking, etc.)

But yeah, I do wish some of the casual fighters I know would put a small amount of time to learn some basic ABCD strings to play. =(

Ties

Banned
Speaking of learning curves...

Does Relius play anything like Carl? I heard from a friend that his learning curve is much much lower than Carl's. I've been on media blackout with this game, and I'm surprised to hear that it is coming to shelves so soon. lol

Seems as if I just reached 1000 matches in BBCS yesterday.

cj_iwakura

Speaking of learning curves...

Does Relius play anything like Carl? I heard from a friend that his learning curve is much much lower than Carl's.

ENTIRELY different. Relius is aggressive, more like a rush down character.

His doll supports him by using vicious follow up attacks and grabs, she's not a separate controllable entity.

3Kaze

Yeah he doesn't play like Carl but isn't that easy to play either. His doll disappears whenever he gets hit, which is kinda annoying.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I've had it on pre-order, so I'm ready...

However, the real travesty at hand is how the US box art has conveniently obscured Noel's beautiful tush, as well as her zettai ryouiki. For that... there is no excuse. Oh and Mu's underboob...

God I hate American box arts...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
As far as I can tell, everyone is viable except maybe Makoto. Maybe not Tsubaki, either.

Does Relius play anything like Carl? I heard from a friend that his learning curve is much much lower than Carl's. I've been on media blackout with this game, and I'm surprised to hear that it is coming to shelves so soon. lol
He plays nothing like Carl. His doll seems to work more like an MVC assist rather than a permanent half-character like Carl's doll.

Some characters (like Lambda, Mu, and Ragna) seem mostly unchanged, and some BBCS2 combos still work in BBCSX (but may no longer be optimal). Some characters (namely Makoto) are totally different, though I don't know enough about her to say how.

Jin lost a huge amount of his midscreen damage because his 6C launch can no longer be extensively comboed outside the corner.
Tager seems noticeably better and harder to zone out.
Ragna seems mostly the same, but with more damage.
Hakumen seems stronger.

I've been playing the Japanese version at my friend's place for a while now. I'm still no good at it but I'll be picking this up...

Hell I bought all the other version so...

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
T-Minus 5 days until BlazBlue CS EXTEND ships to stores :D!

Pre-order if you haven't already, with six versions to choose from!

FBOkq.jpg

BBCSE PS3 LE - $59.99

Amazon
GameStop
Amazon Canada
GameStop Canada

BBCSE PS3 SE - $39.99

Amazon
GameStop
Amazon Canada
GameStop Canada

BBCSE 360 LE - $59.99

Amazon
GameStop
Amazon Canada
GameStop Canada

BBCSE 360 SE - $39.99

Amazon
GameStop
Amazon Canada
GameStop Canada

BBCSE VITA - $39.99

Amazon
GameStop
Amazon Canada

BBCSE VITA PSN - $34.99

You spelled Rachel incorrectly.

edit: I keep forgetting to add you. I want kliMretsaM back!

My loli's better than your loli.

Even though only 5 people will be playing this after a month, could we get a player list in or near the OP?

PSN: Platinum_Milk <----- free wins people, come and get them

cj_iwakura

PSN: cj_iwakura

I main Tsubaki, so you know I'll die fast!

m8lYy.png

:(

And that's nonsense, Platinum. I still find BB matches all the time.

It's a very active scene.

Oh god, too many announcers.
(Rachel's is clas~sy.)

DUB VAs, AKSEL! DO IT!

VerTiGo

Banned
I can't cave in on this too. Did on KoF and more recently Soul Calibur V... I am going to try to resist and just wait for SFxT.

Top Bottom