• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Faddy

Banned
Is it obvious? We can certainly go back and look at past games if we really need to because I don't think it is.

Hey, I solved DR3 like a champ, not my fault.

Let's add to the advice.

If it is LYLO you MUST VOTE or town loses.

Dr. Worm

Banned
We've got a mostly experienced crowd here, right? Anime needs this advice more than we do.

Though, to SexyFish, That Dude John, and Lifeline: You can always ask if you're unsure of something in the thread. It's public, so mafia won't slip you bad advice. If you're in the Batfam... ask them.

Sorian

Banned
We've got a mostly experienced crowd here, right? Anime needs this advice more than we do.

Though, to SexyFish, That Dude John, and Lifeline: You can always ask if you're unsure of something in the thread. It's public, so mafia won't slip you bad advice. If you're in the Batfam... ask them.

Publicly is the best place to slip bad advice though.

Faddy

Banned

Is that what you are calling yourselves in the scum thread?

Fat4all

Banned
I'm out to dinner, but a quick thought before I get in on this game more.

Normally I would say a 'no lynch' is a bad idea, but considering there's likely a lot of roles and abilities at play in this game, would it be a more useful option than normally on a day one? I dunno what the split would be, but I'd imagine there'd be a decent swath of defensive roles amoungst us.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Is that what you are calling yourselves in the scum thread?

tumblr_nn1nznruW41s9gsm7o1_r5_500.gif

Mazre

Checking in.

Greetings to our new players. Is this your first mafia game? Do you have experience playing elsewhere? How do you feel about lynch v no lynch day one? Anything else you'd like to share?

Day start/end at 1am? Gtfo... I can tell you right now that I won't be around for any day ends unless maybe it's Saturday.

Let's get this show on the road. 10 minutes to go when I wrote this and saw a few on the player list that I didn't recognize so fuck it, I play my opener old school. Don't claim unless you are actually under pressure of death. You should be responding to pressure but not with a blown load. In a new turn, I do want to point out that activity is really key, the last few games I played were all screwed because only 3 or 4 people were super active and that limelight either made them suspect and got them lynched or scum just snuffed them out from the start, either way it ended up with silent towns that just kept lynching day 1 suspects instead of gleaning new info.

That said, I drew number 13 so

VOTE: Timeaisis

A winner is you.
Didn't we move on from these RNG votes?

Eh, I look forward more to the obligatory "is Sorian suspicious or not for dominating the conversation" discussion on day 4.
If he survives until then...

Normally I would say a 'no lynch' is a bad idea, but considering there's likely a lot of roles and abilities at play in this game, would it be a more useful option than normally on a day one? I dunno what the split would be, but I'd imagine there'd be a decent swath of defensive roles amoungst us.
No Lynch isn't a terrible outcome here, but a clear and early majority in favor of it would be because that seems like it could have great potential to stop any discussion.

Natiko

Banned

I think voting patterns are still too important to just eschew lynching. There's only three real ways to find scum. PRs, accidental slips, and voting patterns. Let's not set ourself behind in the only one of those three we can count on.

Fat4all

Banned
I think voting patterns are still too important to just eschew lynching. There's only three real ways to find scum. PRs, accidental slips, and voting patterns. Let's not set ourself behind in the only one of those three we can count on.

I suppose that's true, a 'no lynch' would be a semi-safe play in a very specific game like this, but it doesn't really help to contribute information to the game going forward.

On day two all we would have to go on would be the night lynch (or the lack of one if it's blocked or sommit).

Faddy

Banned
Day start/end at 1am? Gtfo... I can tell you right now that I won't be around for any day ends unless maybe it's Saturday.

No Lynch isn't a terrible outcome here, but a clear and early majority in favor of it would be because that seems like it could have great potential to stop any discussion.

Yet posting at 2am on a Thursday.

Hmmmmm...

needs more batsnacks and AbsolutBro

You avatar is really disturbing.

In game: I can understand the argument for a No-Lynch day 1 in a Role Madness game, but ultimately I still think it's a bad idea. As we saw with Overwatch (I think it was), not all power roles are created equal. We can and are going to lose some power roles; putting it off by one day phase doesn't get us much.

Then again, I think scum won that game so maybe it's not the best example.

I have to go into the office tomorrow (Friday), but should still be around via mobile.

franconp

I'm sorry about that but there isn't much I can do. Gafia is a worldwide community, so there are a lot of people with different timezones. It's really difficult to please everyone.

Unfortunately, this is the earliest I can make the Day start/end. This is not a classic mafia game. Being a role madness there are quite a lot of things to look after during the night phase.

Sorian

Banned

The quality of roles doesn't really matter to the argument. I could say it's even better to lynch if we thought there were a lot of defensive roles because if someone important does get fucked by the vote and has to claim then they can be defended. I'm in favor of lynching and info as always.

No? I did stop giving life advice in post one when I saw that all the players had played before or with me though but that wasn't the case here and this is an official season game so deciddd to anyway.

Sorian

Banned
You avatar is really disturbing.

In game: I can understand the argument for a No-Lynch day 1 in a Role Madness game, but ultimately I still think it's a bad idea. As we saw with Overwatch (I think it was), not all power roles are created equal. We can and are going to lose some power roles; putting it off by one day phase doesn't get us much.

Then again, I think scum won that game so maybe it's not the best example.

I have to go into the office tomorrow (Friday), but should still be around via mobile.

Scum got demolished in Overwatch.

Natiko

Banned
I'm sorry about that but there isn't much I can do. Gafia is a worldwide community, so there are a lot of people with different timezones. It's really difficult to please everyone.

Unfortunately, this is the earliest I can make the Day start/end. This is not a classic mafia game. Being a role madness there are quite a lot of things to look after during the night phase.
Wow, spoilers Fran omg

batsnacks

[Sorian in a role madness game]: be sure u don't claim unless you need to

[Kalor in a role madness game]: I agree. it is v important not to claim unnecessarily

[Faddy in a role madness game]: ah yes, Sorian and Kalor, it is sensible to not claim.

Natiko

Banned
Well, you're wasting no time in taking the conversational lead, Sorian. You'll be one to watch, personally.

You say that as if I meant to be antagonistic. o.o
Sorian being chatty isn't particularly alignment indicative. I've never played with scum Sorian but he's been equally chatty in all my games with him bar Gafia 3 maybe. Nothing else you felt like talking about I take it?

Fat4all

Banned
I've only played with a few people in this game before, so I don;t have any auto-reads on posting habits or personality. I know batsnacks and Dr Worm the best probably, but even then I'm not seeing anything obviously weird so early in the game about them.

Also, that's enough photoshop for one night.

Natiko

Banned
I was just messing with you. I'm kind of spinning my wheels as well waiting for more people to at least check in.

batsnacks

Well, it's a shame that the bat-cow is gone.

I'll just echo what Sorian said and that's to not claim unless you absolutely have to. Having three votes halfway through a day isn't a sign that your life is in danger.

I agree with Sorian

I briefly thought about it but I feel like I've done it before. Also I'm sure someone else will at some point.

but I thought about giving him shit, also I'm sure someone else will

Sorian

Banned
[Sorian in a role madness game]: be sure u don't claim unless you need to

[Kalor in a role madness game]: I agree. it is v important not to claim unnecessarily

[Faddy in a role madness game]: ah yes, Sorian and Kalor, it is sensible to not claim.

Not all roles are made equal as has already been said. Just because it's role madness doesn't mean everyone is top shelf quality.

Sorian being chatty isn't particularly alignment indicative. I've never played with scum Sorian but he's been equally chatty in all my games with him bar Gafia 3 maybe. Nothing else you felt like talking about I take it?

I agree with the sentiment but so quick to defend me? Really?

I agree with Sorian

but I thought about giving him shit, also I'm sure someone else will

I thought you were playing up a dumb vote but this is actually logical (well as logical as one page of activity can be)

Natiko

Banned
Are you so used to being viewed skeptically that you interpret anything but suspicion as a defense of you? My point was nothing you've done so far seems noteworthy to try and discern your alignment. This is just par for the course so far.

Sorian

Banned
Are you so used to being viewed skeptically that you interpret anything but suspicion as a defense of you? My point was nothing you've done so far seems noteworthy to try and discern your alignment. This is just par for the course so far.

Not particularly, but I thought the part about me was odd when the real point was seeing if Nudull had more to say.

-------

Time, do you have more to say? Was debating moving my vote before bed but all we got was a "hey everyone" and then a ghost.

batsnacks

Not all roles are made equal as has already been said. Just because it's role madness doesn't mean everyone is top shelf quality.

I thought you were playing up a dumb vote but this is actually logical (well as logical as one page of activity can be)

Unless e.g. batsnacks the vigilante claims a shot on Kalor the scum role claims probably aren't going to mean very much in this [role madness] game, especially as defenses.

That's why the advise to not claim, from 3 ppl, is weird.

Top Bottom