• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

RedAssedApe

Banned
227654_e29b0e21fb5035674413d42d83931ca9.jpg

3X BONUS IS IN STORE ONLY

Check for your game and its base value at (multiply x3 for in store value):

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com

YOU CANNOT TRADE IN GAMES NOT IN THEIR DATABASE. You receive a Target gift card which can be used for anything in the store. You can only trade in 3 games per transaction. Some reps are nice and let you do multiple transactions but some have been saying that you can only do one transaction per day. So if you have more than 3 games you might have to go to another store or come back the next day. YMMV.

Note that your Target needs to have a mobile kiosk as they are the ones who do the trade-ins. There is a store locator on the trade in site. Mobile kiosk hours are also different than actual store hours so you might want to check this if you are you are seeing this post late in the afternoon. Also suggest that you do them sooner rather than later as TIV tend to drop quickly once the ball starts rolling and all the CAG and slickdeals flippers get word.

-----------------------

Update: Looks like TIV have dropped by about $5-20ish for a bunch of games probably depending on how heavily they were traded in. Double-check the TIV if you plan on going in. Might not be worth the trip for you. Still some decent TIV to be had though...albeit no longer amazing like before. Prices for some games that dropped on Monday apparently have gone up.

-----------------------

Update 2: From Fellow Gaffer (still seems YMMV by store and mobile employee though)

Hello all. A Target Mobile Manager here, as well as a long time member/lurker.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but we are locking in your quotes for 7 days now, instead of 24 hours.

So trade in now, it doesn't matter if the gift card system is having issues. Get the best value now and go back for your money later if you must.

Btw, whoever is telling you 3 trades per household/guest/forever is a fucking idiot. You can do multiple transactions in a day if you want to.

And by all means, take advantage and wreck our system. The more successful this deal is, the more often they will do it.

OneUh8

Wow that is fantastic. Can almost get full price for Infamous. Still going to keep it for DLC in the future though.

I am headed there now. You have to trade in your games at the Target Mobile Kiosk over in electronics. Also, if you live in Florida, because of "pawn laws" you have to immediately buy something with your gift card. This was discovered over on CheapAssGamer. You could buy something, then immediately return it and get your credit back, but that appears to be the only work around.

Some of these trade in values are stupid good. I am taking in South Park PS3 for $54.96, Ass Creed Black Flag PS4 for $51.15. Thief PS4 will get $37.98, MGS Collection Vita is $27.99 (I want to go digital).

Gran Turismo 6 is approx $52 and you can buy it at Best Buy right now with Gamer Unlocked for $32.

statham

Forza for $45?, gamefly is still selling it for $25, someone quick could make some decent credit from this.

weird, it says they'll give $18 for inFamous SS. is still not working online or does it have to be traded at an actual store?

Edit: Aw, "In-Store only" my bad.

Just did this..did three transactions and got $430...incredible deal. I am curious if they end up dropping base values through the week...if not, it's probably the best trade-in deal I've ever seen...

I hate that the closest Target that actually does trade ins is 40 miles away. Why can't all the locations do it? Jeez, I could have sold Wind Waker HD, GTAV and Ocarina of Time 3DS for around $90. Damn.

Dang I just traded in Infamous for $50 at Gamestop. :(

Might take advantage of this in order to get a Wii U. Seems like trading in 7 games should do the trick.

Hugstable

Banned
I wonder how much they give for the Mario U and Luigi U pack, considering I can get it again as a free game from Club Nintendo with Mario Kart 8 Promo

Jeels

Note that your Target needs to have a mobile store as they do the trade-ins. Also suggest that you do them sooner rather than later as TIV tend to drop quickly once the ball starts rolling.

Any way to search for just Target stores w/ a mobile store section?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Another fun one is that you could trade in Code of Princess, get around 20 bucks, rebuy it digitally for 15.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just did this..did three transactions and got $430...incredible deal. I am curious if they end up dropping base values through the week...if not, it's probably the best trade-in deal I've ever seen...

they had a really great deal a couple of years back where you could trade in ANY game and get like $10. i expect TIV to drop with this or they'll do some BS like "we ran out of GC" like they were doing with their trade-in any ipad promotion.

Great, Target's interpretation of the Florida pawn law makes this effectively worthless.

yeah i was reading on CAG where Target was forcing people in Florida to use the credit right then and there :(

Are these to be taken at face value, or is this going to be one of those things where it says they'll give me $10 (before the promotion multiplier,) but then I take it in and they offer me $20?

Dang I just traded in Infamous for $50 at Gamestop. :(

Might take advantage of this in order to get a Wii U. Seems like trading in 7 games should do the trick.

Speedy Blue Dude
This Post Brought To You By the Microsoft Xbox One™, The All-in-One Entertainment System
(Today, 12:41 PM)

wait, this doesn't work for this post.....

:p

Darn it. I just traded in gta v and dks2 to gs last week. Plus i know someone who works at target. That could have made my out of pocket cost fir ps4 much much cheaper.

z0b9wpR.gif

Now to find games to trade in

they had a really great deal a couple of years back where you could trade in ANY game and get like $10. i expect TIV to drop with this or they'll do some BS like "we ran out of GC" like they were doing with their trade-in any ipad promotion.

yeah i was reading on CAG where Target was forcing people in Florida to use the credit right then and there :(

The Florida thing is because of Florida Pawn laws...not a Target policy but a state/city wide policy.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Are these to be taken at face value, or is this going to be one of those things where it says they'll give me $10 (before the promotion multiplier,) but then I take it in and they offer me $20?

well TIV are prone to get adjusted. it will be x3 whatever they pull up as the TIV in their system when you are at the store.

slickdeals and CAG know too so i'd say get dem trades done today or tomorrow because it will be lowered probably throughout the week

bought mario kart 7 for $25 back in 2011 and can get $30 in 2014 0_O haha amazing

they also have gamecube games, paper mario for $30

BigDug13

Wow, I can get nearly $50 each for Need for Speed Rivals PS4 and ACIV PS4.

I need to get over there!

$30 for Killzone Mercenaries that I never play...tempted.

Top Bottom