• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Cannot believe they'd off Shane. Such an interesting character that pits both good vs bad (though there is no good vs bad anymore in Zombieland).

Would've been better for Shane to leave the group and come back another season.

The best part is Shane is getting offed in episode 12, so there is still 1 episode after that, meaning something else that is big will happen.

Cannot believe they'd off Shane. Such an interesting character that pits both good vs bad (though there is no good vs bad anymore in Zombieland).

No I think that it is a good thing to happen. It will improve Rick's status as the leader and if they play it out like it happened in the comics then it is very important for Carl's character development.

PersonaX

XT4cF.jpg

;___;

Raoh

nah.. it was shanes death that first introduced me into the whole "don't get attached to any character" of it all...

F shane, and it has nothing to do with the actor on the show.. but its just a huge early part of what makes rick/carl the people they are today... (in the comic)

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
So I'm guessing Carl is grown up and the last survivor of the group?

At the current point in the comics Carl is still super young, and a couple of the original group are still alive.

Also, yeah. Hopefully people don't start to think that this has something to do with Darabont leaving the show. Shane was going to die regardless. Jon Bernthal is just prepping for the next show, not abandoning ship like Jeffery DeMunn supposedly did.

Raoh

No I think that it is a good thing to happen. It will improve Rick's status as the leader and if they play it out like it happened in the comics then it is very important for Carl's character development.

So I'm guessing Carl is grown up and the last survivor of the group?

Carl/Sophia are interesting characters.

Even in the events in the "No Way Out" story line of the series of the comic

TheWalkingDead_NWO_teaser6.jpg

to the current issue 94, Carl is an interesting individual, not a child or an adult, an interesting person.

Losing Sophia on the show is a huge blow to me cause of the comic.

And I know this thread is supposed to be spoiler friendly, but I will still hide these two comic images and info..

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100313145643/walkingdead/images/8/89/Ben_and_Billy.jpg

Killed By Carl Grimes

On the road to D.C., Ben brutally slaughters Billy, convinced that no matter what happens, people will always come back after they die. The group debates killing Ben to protect themselves, but takes no immediate action. In the night, Carl sneaks into the van where Ben is locked up, and executes him. They are buried side by side.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...humb/5/5b/Bens_death.jpg/250px-Bens_death.jpg

and from the results of "No Way Out"

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...images/thumb/7/74/Cccarl.jpg/250px-Cccarl.jpg

The_Walking_Dead_2x11_Spoilers_Carlost_001.jpg

The photograph at the end of episode 2x11, and we can see Daryl shooting him in the head to Dale, as he was attacked by a zombie, and his wounds are very serious, so we prefer to give a quicker death.

All this is in part because of Carl, because the mind to a zombie, which then leaves the swamp and ends attacking Dale.

The_Walking_Dead_2x12_Spoilers_Carlost_002.jpg

These pictures belong to Shane become Zombie, which should see what happens in episode 12.

The context is as follows: During a discussion (in which Shane wanted to kill Rick), Rick ends up killing Shane, but Shane again ' live 'become zombie.

Finally Carl is responsible for killing him for good.

And in the next episode (2x13, season finale) apparently have more deaths

Translated from Spanish from this website.

I wish they had Carl kill him first like in the comics so I hope that one is a mistake.

Puddles

Banned
This is probably my favorite panel in the entire comic run, and it really needs to be done properly next season. This is basically the moment that Rick changes forever.

NknlU.jpg

I really hope he actually says "Cry me a river" in the show. This needs to happen.

UberTag

Will definitely be one for the ages if they take out Dale this week, Shane the following week and additional cannon fodder in the Season 2 ending cliffhanger (courtesy of the Dave-Tony-Randall crew?) along with airing the big Jenner bomb drop of "everyone's a Walker and Rick knew all this time".

Oddly enough, I think the Sophia spoiler still qualifies as the biggest spoiler due to it deviating from the comic continuity. Those will be the shockers to look forward to, IMO.

I don't even get the Sophia death. Seemed like a weird thing to go for...what will Carl do for the next while. Meander around or what. I like how they had a thing in the comics, something to relate with each other.

Anyway, if Glen Mazarra is to be taken at his word, he says he wants the show to be closer to the comics, and next season should officially be the first season where it's ALL him and his direction, so I guess we'll see.

I think they'll introduce another young character or something.

Raoh

This is probably my favorite panel in the entire comic run, and it really needs to be done properly next season. This is basically the moment that Rick changes forever.

NknlU.jpg

I really hope he actually says "Cry me a river" in the show. This needs to happen.

This would be my favorite three... (at least off the top of my head, I have to read my recent comic downloads and then I'm going to re-read TWD from the beginning, will be my third time)

the-walking-dead-4.jpg

wd012.jpg

the-walking-dead-9.jpg

scenes that helped make the brand popular that the tv show will ruin or just remove

Zee-Row

Banned
I was pretty shocked at how Rick and crew handled the hunters in the comic book. Rick isn't such a nice guy anymore.

you guys won't kidding about this thread being the spoilers thread. totally wish I didn't see the zombie shane pic. FUCK THIS THREAD. I scrolled up reading the comic book stuff but leaked things like that shouldn't even be fucking here.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
you guys won't kidding about this thread being the spoilers thread. totally wish I didn't see the zombie shane pic. FUCK THIS THREAD. I scrolled up reading the comic book stuff but leaked things like that shouldn't even be fucking here.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

I would have bolded "leaks" myself.

I read the comics: shane didn't even survive long in them. but I didn't need to know it was coming up in the season

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I would have bolded "leaks" myself.

I read the comics: shane didn't even survive long in them. but I didn't need to know it was coming up in the season

Oh. Totally misread what you said. I read it as you saying the comic stuff shouldn't be in here. Either way, I wouldn't touch this thread with a 10-foot pole if I hadn't read the comics already.

Raoh

I know that some people DON'T like spoilers..

But during the LOST days I hunted spoilers and leaks before each episode. If its a good show/movie, leaks/spoilers shouldn't matter, the execution makes it good no matter what. It's like buying a blu ray of a movie you like, you know the ending but still want to rewatch it.

The tv show non spoiler thread is about a show... wait for it.. based on a comic book that has been out since 2003. I say its unfair of people to ask us to NOT discuss the history of TWD.

Now there are three TWD threads, a tv show no spoilers thread, a comic thread and an all spoilers thread and people still complain.

bjork

it's like the manga thread all over again...

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Kind of excited of what 93/94 promise.. new blood would help open up the comic series a bit more.

Kind of like how Rick said that the dead are like nothing anymore, it's true of the comic as well.. after 94 issues.. it's time for something newer and bigger.

Though I do kind of hope for the days of just Rick and Carl back on the road again, just the two of them.

Ripclawe

Banned
Kind of excited of what 93/94 promise.. new blood would help open up the comic series a bit more.

Kind of like how Rick said that the dead are like nothing anymore, it's true of the comic as well.. after 94 issues.. it's time for something newer and bigger.

Though I do kind of hope for the days of just Rick and Carl back on the road again, just the two of them.

really? Are they past the point in the comics where the undead are sort of a controlled nuisance and rebuilding society around them?

bjork

really? Are they past the point in the comics where the undead are sort of a controlled nuisance and rebuilding society around them?

The writing sure is, aside from the occasional mishap. They kind of go "oh shit!" then there's two pages of nonchalant killing.

It's moved in a cycle of find place > set up defenses/resources > argue about shit and have relationship drama > something happens and tons of zombies come > find place. Everything since issue 50 has kind of been flat aside from the rare big event/death.

An-Det

What would you suggest to really mix things up? Now that they've got a decent settlement,

Aside from the herd that broke through the DC encampment, the zombies haven't been too big an issue for a while. Michonne and Carl saying that this peace wont last was ringing very true, that sooner or later shit will hit the fan and they'll leave.

TPB 16 (91-96) better release close to 96's release. I read through the first 90 in short order, just left me wanting more.

bjork

What would you suggest to really mix things up? Now that they've got a decent settlement,

I'm not sure. Maybe something completely unexpected like a natural disaster. We've seen how the group copes collectively when faced with the same situation repeatedly, but what if they got separated in a tornado or something and instead of the tiresome romance and people talking to ghosts, the focus shifts to meeting back at a certain place, and how each character gets there.

It would also be a chance to isolate certain characters together to see how they coexist without the group's involvement, and to also kill off some more people. It's overdue.

There is not going to be a natural disaster.

I doubt they are going to stay at the farm either right? At least... I doubt it. But perhaps this is the permanent settlement and they are going to completely pass-over the prison as the 'fortress' type thing from the comics.

I wonder if the farm will end up being that place.

I really hope that Carl ends up killing Shane - it certainly seems like they've just shown the first signs of the 'rising when not killed by a walker' evidence in the last episode.

Pity they don't have the two little kids to get their heads hacked off like that ^ haha.

Well they already casted the governor so I don't see how they don't move on from the farm. Also keep in mind next season will likely be longer (16 eps or more?) so they'll definitely need to move on.

And carl DOES kill shane. We already know the spoiler. Rick kills him by stabbing him (while he is alive), and then when he dies he comes back as a zombie and carl offs him. At least that's what I believe the synopsis said. That's happening next week, should they are going for significant events 3 episodes in a row.

Quick

Banned
Haven't really cared for the show since early season one, so spoilers for it aren't too big a deal for me here. It's sort of predictable after reading the comics.

I'm assuming we can discuss comic book spoilers here from up to the latest issue (#94). Just in case I done goofed, I'll spoiler tag.

What are the chances Abraham takes over as leader of the community while Rick's gone to check out the other community with Jesus?

Holly was stroking his ego (among other things - zing!) a little bit, and I think that'll maybe create a rift in later issues. His days are pretty much numbered, sooner than the others, at least.

And what are the chances Andrea bites the dust in the A Larger World arc? She seems to have signed her death certificate after saying "I won't die" or something. Seems too in-your-face to take seriously, though Not in Kirkman's style of "kill anyone randomly".

Raoh

LOL What?

Are they speeding things up so that the comic and show will be eventually on par? I read they are introducing Daryl like character in the comic.

Damn Dale, no Andrea love either..

LOL @ Carl just straight fucking up..

Daryl Dixon may bring his crossbow to the Walking Dead comics
http://io9.com/5890362/daryl-dixon-may-bring-his-crossbow-to-the-walking-dead-comics

During the Walking Dead panel at last weekend's Image Expo, Kirkman said that Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl on the show, has been begging Kirkman to write his character into the comics. And Daryl may see his black and white debut soon:

"I've definitely considered writing Daryl in to the comics," said Kirkman. "Norman is always pestering me about it. All I can say right now is that if you have been paying attention to the Internet we did just release a series of teasers called 'Something to Fear' for a new story arc that's coming up and it's a series of very threatening looking people with very specific weapons and one of them has a crossbow."

original.jpg

This is episode is also along those things I read about AMC wanting to save money by showing maybe one zombie here and there and using sound effects and stuff like that to set up tension instead of using effects and lots of zombies.

UberTag

So two episodes left. That means Shane bites the bullet next episode, right?
Yep, next week.

You can check out this link from Spoilertv.com for all of the specifics.

Seems pretty likely that all of the anti-Carl vitriol from the main TWD thread will transfer over to Lori next week based on how it goes down.
I'd also say they picked the right death to expose Jennergate with and it's nice to know there's a relatively unspoiled season finale on tap to set things up for Season 3.

PersonaX

A MUCH better description below:

Episode 12 "Better Angels"
Episode begins with Dale's funeral. Rick makes a speech, intercut with Andrea, Daryl, Shane and T-Dog killing some random walkers in a field. Funeral ends with Rick saying that the group has to set aside their differences and pull together in honor of Dale. Cue theme music.

Hershel finally allows everybody to move into the house. Rick decides to let Randall loose instead of killing him, just like they had originally planned. Shane gets all mad at the idea, but Rick says it's his decision and Shane needs to shut up. Later, Carl reveals to Shane that he done fucked up and stole Daryl's gun as well as released that walker from the swamp, but asks him not to tell anyone. While Shane is building a lookout platform, Lori comes to talk to him. She thanks him for everything he had done (saving them from Atlanta, etc.) and says she's truly sorry for all the crap that happened between them.

Shane asks Rick that he and Daryl be allowed to go dump Randall, but Rick refuses. Shane then tells Rick about what Carl did and gives him Daryl's gun. Rick has a talk with his son and basically tells him to grow up. Meanwhile, Shane sneaks into the shed and releases Randall. They secretly leave the farm and take off into the woods together. Shane tells the kid that he wants to join their group and asks Randall where it is. He tells Shane that they have a camp on a highway five miles away. Shane then proceeds to snap his neck.

The group discovers that Randall is gone and gets all panicked. Suddenly, a bloody Shane appears. He says that Randall knocked him out and escaped (he actually smashed his head into a tree after killing Randall) and that he tried to run after him. Two pairs head out to look for Randall: Glenn & Daryl and Rick & Shane. Daryl uses his epic tracking skills to deduce that Randall and Shane actually walked together and had a scuffle near the tree with Shane's blood on it. Then, a zombie-Randall appears. Daryl misses with his crossbow, there's a fight, Glenn takes out Randall. Daryl uses his epic Sherlock skills to deduce that Randall was killed by a broken neck and zombified in spite of having no bite marks.

Shane and Rick meanwhile arrive on a field. Rick tells Shane that he knows Shane plans to kill him there. Shane plans to pin the murder on Randall and says he's better for Lori and that Rick has no idea how to fix the situation. Shane wants Rick to raise his gun so he wouldn't have to kill an unarmed man. Rick talks him out of the murder, telling him that there's still a way out of it. As Shane is lowering his gun, Rick stabs him in the chest, killing him. Carl appears, having left the farm looking for them, and sees Shane rising from the dead while Rick's back is turned. He shoots Shane in the head, attracting a nearby group of walkers. Rick and Carl stand over Shane's corpse, oblivious to the huge horde of walkers approaching the farm from the woods. End episode.

uBunT.jpg

UberTag

Rick and Carl stand over Shane's corpse, oblivious to the huge horde of walkers approaching the farm from the woods. End episode.
This is the best part right here. What kind of body count can we look forward to in Episode 13?
Especially if that "huge horde of walkers" is approaching the farm away from where Rick & Carl are situated... and with Glenn & Daryl still off in the woods.

Left to defend the farm...
- Hershel
- Sureshot Andrea
- Gimpy Non-Existent T-Dog
- Pregnant Lori
- "I'm Not a Crazy Person" Carol
- Maggie
- "I Just Tried to Kill Myself" Beth
- "Have I Even Been in These Last Few Episodes?" Jimmy
- Widowed Patricia

PersonaX

Wait, so now you get be a zombie from no bite marks? And how fucking fast do you turn into a zombie? Like minutes later? This is wacky dacky.

They are...THE WALKING DEAD!

No but seriously, they are already infected in a way, you turn into a zombie no matter how you die, unless your brain is destroyed of course.

i'm pretty sure that is what the scientist guy whispered to Rick in the army base in season 1

Hex

Banned
Wait, so now you get be a zombie from no bite marks? And how fucking fast do you turn into a zombie? Like minutes later? This is wacky dacky.

This has been discussed at length.
That is the point of walking dead (and many zombie movies).
You die, you become a zombie.
If it was just biting would it really be nearly as huge a deal?
As far as how quick you turn, I would imagine it has to do with exactly how infected you really are.

Hex

Banned
Then why would rick stab shane in the chest? You'd think he'd want to finish the job for good.

From the sounds of it, Shane turns faster that I think most would expect.
But to be real, when you are stabbing someone or shooting for that matter you go for the center of mass instinctively.
Headshots are cute in video games, but it is not how you are trained.
He would put him down, and then deliver the head damage post mortem.

big ander

Then why would rick stab shane in the chest? You'd think he'd want to finish the job for good.

Well, even if this is what Rick learned at the base (and I think it is) he might not have it on his mind when his best friend is close to shooting him.

But yeah, everyone being infected isn't ridiculous in the slightest. It makes everything better.

episode 12 sounds pretty great. Wonder if useless farm stuff and cringeworthy lines will ruin it like usual.

Top Bottom