• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Online (Capcom/Tencent, CryEngine 3) officially announced

It's true,they just announced Monster Hunter Online,Official Licensed Product
Powered by CryEngine 3

http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/3/79113.html
720 video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxd_V1P_Vhs

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=54388755&postcount=174
time of day system, where as time goes by the lighting changes
playable with gamepad,says even with keyboard and mouse you'll still be able to play well
weather changes, some monsters will have different skill sets depending on the weather
sword and shield has a new jumping slash move
greatsword has a new horizontal slash, it's mainly for monster parts that are very tough/hard, maybe has low chance of the sword bouncing
longsword has 2 staged circular slash, wastes a lot of stamina
special move system
after meeting some battle requirements, you can unleash this move
light bowgun's special move is insta-paralyse shot, you fire a shot that sticks on the enemy, and melee attacks needed to detonate the shot for it to activate
longsword's is a jumping downward stab move, but the article says the sword stabs the ground, so maybe there's some aoe effect?
will have battles on transport vehicles, mentions water battles and air battles (battle on airship perhaps?)
unlike MH frontier, this game will have a city/ main hub?
will have plenty of monsters, both from the old and new series, even those from MH frontier
24 player required monster, 大岩龙 which basically means big rock dragon

48Yq9iA.jpg

p96pOss.jpg

JDC1je4.jpg

Yvt1zem.jpg

7wcEREP.jpg

ib1jGv7.jpg

Qvoth

i think that poster isn't very clear, but this MH online is an official joint effort with capcom
testing starts june in china

Man

Crazy.

PC, PS4 and X720 most likely then though based on the shots PS3 & X360 seems pretty likely as well.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I did not plan on updating my laptop before going full tablet.

Shit fuck.

Unless it comes to consoles.

PLEASE

EDIT: I hope general console port begging is allowed. I need this.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wonder if it's going to be released on this side of the globe. I'd play a lot of that (since PSO2 seems to be out of the question).

Whoa hell yes!!!!!!!

I was starting to lose interest with Monster Hunter. Since everything they produced or announced since Tri was pretty lame. But this has be excited to be a MH fan again!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Really hoping it's at least solid and if so then is also brought to all the territories.

Nobody can provide any such information yet? No translation of that page?

Whoa hell yes!!!!!!!

I was starting to lose interest with Monster Hunter. Since everything they produced or announced since Tri was pretty lame. But this has be excited to be a MH fan again!
That's weird, I don't see anything hinting at any super new advancements/changes other than the graphics. Well, I guess the end could hint at stuff but it could just as well be a gimmick like the ship in Tri.

I mean, I'd love if this thing made it so I don't have to get a console/handheld for my Monster Hunter fix but since it's both outsourced and a Frontier successor I have my doubts.

But I don't get what makes you so excited. Not even any new monsters or weapons. It looks like it could well end up being Frontier with new graphics, or worse.

Hopefully future information and media prove it's not. I'm hopeful, sure but see no reason to get excited at this point.

It seems you're just looking for excuses to bash real Monster Hunter, to be so overeager to praise this for nothing.

I don't think the art is very good looking either, at least where they haven't copied previous games exactly.

sn00zer

HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Finally FINALLY HD monster Hunter... I may actually jump on board now

john tv

Not sure I want a Chinese-developed Monster Hunter. Is this just another one of those weird Asian license deals that flops and disappears after like three months or what?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I still don't get why this is tolerated.

It isn't? I don't know of such a thing.

I'm studying japanese for the past 2 years (one and a half, actually), so I'm not averse to the language at all.

I'll edit it out if it's offensive in any way, but I didn't know about that.

UGH. Did you see those ground textures?

Where is the tessellation?????????????????????????????????

I want to feel like i could trip on those stones goddammit.

Top Bottom