• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

xOrD-i6KElCwnMYXFGTDYmoRdOQ=.gif

can they delay the vote until September?
Sure, but the facts wont change. They need to revise the bill again to change the tally.

If they get rid of the EHB, tuesday group wont support (EHB includes provision for pre existing conditions). If they dont, FC wont. The "compromise" they reached was let the states decide if they want to keep the provisions. It got some moderates in the yes column but it wasnt enough.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yep. Same deal when they were surveyed about the Syria missle strikes. Democrats: 38% support Obama doing it, 37% support Trump doing it. Republicans? Something like 18% supported Obama doing it, and now 82% support Trump. It's mind-boggling how so many Republicans are just plain stupid.

Fully expect that ACA will not be gutted, instead minor edge fixes, and the Republican message will be "we got rid of the onerous requirements of Obamacare, returned choice and power to the states (waivers) and the current system is serving our folks well in rural areas and cities". And it will be an easy sell.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I love how allowing states to decide if they want to allow pre-existing conditions is enough to sway some moderate Republicans. "As long as my party isn't running your state, you'll be fine!" I mean, what?

What a fucking trash heap the GOP is.

I love how allowing states to decide if they want to allow pre-existing conditions is enough to sway some moderate Republicans. "As long as my party isn't running your state, you'll be fine!" I mean, what?

What a fucking trash heap the GOP is.

They're just punting the responsibility for the bad decision to the governors. It's hilariously short term thinking that sticks Republican governors in extremely awkward spots and likely hurts their re-election chances.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Donut like the new title. :/

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| Nobody knew thread making could be so complicated

@ZekeJMiller
QOTD: "This is going to be a disaster" —Mick Mulvaney on conference call with reporters where lines were unmuted/playing hold music

The Veep-ening continues.

tbm24

I do miss hearing Hillary get into the weeds about details and diplomacy. People may hate her giving a rally speech but shes good when she's in her element.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I do miss hearing Hillary get into the weeds about details and deplomacy. People may hate her giving a rally speech but shes good when she's in her element.

It's so fucking frustrating that being a policy-guru, and having the ability to discuss policy with nuance is at odds with what is needed to be elected.

tbm24

It's so fucking frustrating that being a policy-guru, and having the ability to discuss policy with nuance is at odds with what is needed to be elected.
It pains me listening to this and then remebering all the discussing that's been going on yesterday evening and today about wtf Trump even means.

Slacker

I do miss hearing Hillary get into the weeds about details and diplomacy. People may hate her giving a rally speech but shes good when she's in her element.

Can you imagine Hillary's answer if asked about the Civil War? It'd go on for hours. Instead we have, "The Civil War, yeah why'd that have to happen exactly?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom