• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo games coming to Nintendo Switch

Cleve

I'd love to get my bonus kun on, but I don't really see myself paying what they'll want for these games again without any new features, which is kind of funny given how much they originally cost me.

these better come to NA. But then again no region locking so whatevz, I'm in either way :)

If they port Real Bout 2 this will be the greatest portable console of all time

maxcriden

The Wii U VC suffered greatly next to the Wii's from lack of third-party buy-in, which the Wii VC had in spades. Hopefully this isn't a one-off and Nintendo is managing to turn this around.

Did I miss something about this? This is the first I've heard about retro online support, notwithstanding fresh remasters for the Switch like Ultra Street Fighter II.

You've probably heard by now, but besides this one not being VC, also wanted to mention the paid online membership for Nintendo will include a monthly now online compatible NES or SNES game download.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1333247

halfbeast

Banned
waku waku motherfucking 7!

latest

Great news! And that's a great lineup of "launch" titles. Much better than just the usual FF1, Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug, and KoF 94!

Nintendo always does this shit. They keep so much out of their presentation and people attack them for it. Now watch all these games and other info come from now until launch and people will say "wth Nintendo why didn't you tel us at the presentation???"

Nerazar

The Wii U VC suffered greatly next to the Wii's from lack of third-party buy-in, which the Wii VC had in spades. Hopefully this isn't a one-off and Nintendo is managing to turn this around.

I sure hope that Nintendo is pushing VC again one more time - and this time with account-based downloads and not device based ones.

But I am quite optimistic about that since the Switch will probably include various devices with a long-term strategy.

shaowebb

Welp since I see Sunsoft's Waku Waku 7 I really hope that means I can hope for more titles from that console from other 3rd parties like Raizing shootem ups. Especially since Switch is getting a Hori stick now. Cmoooooooooon Dimahoo.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Words can't define how happy I am with a Waku Waku 7 digital release. Not sure if it has already happened and slipped through the radar, but yeah!

Loona

Great but where's ma Windjammers?

On the way to the PS4, if sadly through DotEmu - on the other hand, it seems like they might not have exclusive rights on the games they port, since while they handled Garou for Steam, IIRC the PS4 port was handled by CodeMystics.

And since apparently there's a common audience between Sunsoft and Data East fans, and AFAIK this is the first time Hamster is porting a NeoGeo game not developed directly by SNK or ADK, perhaps one they they'll manage to work on Data East's stuff.

Sonic Pocket Adventure, please. I've never played it.

I'm hoping for NGPC ports one day, but I suspect a Sega game wouldn't be the first of them...

sibarraz

Banned
On the way to the PS4, if sadly through DotEmu - on the other hand, it seems like they might not have exclusive rights on the games they port, since while they handled Garou for Steam, IIRC the PS4 port was handled by CodeMystics.

And since apparently there's a common audience between Sunsoft and Data East fans, and AFAIK this is the first time Hamster is porting a NeoGeo game not developed directly by SNK or ADK, perhaps one they they'll manage to work on Data East's stuff.

I'm hoping for NGPC ports one day, but I suspect a Sega game wouldn't be the first of them...

Unlike Windjammers, SNK has the rights for the neo geo games from sunsoft

Mik2121

Wonder if they'll bring in Game Gear games as well. It seems like they already got the battery life emulation done alright!

But yeah, awesome. The more games, the merrier :)

Loona

Unlike Windjammers, SNK has the rights for the neo geo games from sunsoft

I had no idea, it's not something that I recall seeing reflected on past releases - was there some announcement or news item I may have missed about that in the past?

Sesha

I finally get the chance to own Waku Waku 7 without having to chase down that absurdly obscure collection. It's not a remaster, but I'll take it.

And I didn't realize this was also on PS4 and X1.

I didn't realize this was also coming to PS4 and X1. I finally get the chance to own Waku Waku 7 without having to chase down that absurdly obscure collection. It's not a remaster, but I'll take it.

I don't know if those specific games are coming (though they probably are), but there are already Neo Geo games on PS4 via Arcade Archives with more to come.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I really don't want to play Metal Slug on the go with an analog stick, dammit. Just make a joy-con with a dpad, please.

Top Bottom