• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Quonny

literally not acknowledging the point of my post about chromas and moving the goalposts so you can complain about people complaining

Ever

Banned
At least I get a skin every year LULW rekt

Illinois and Yorick can suck it

Dzg106N.png

zkylon

zkylewd
literally not acknowledging the point of my post about chromas and moving the goalposts so you can complain about people complaining
Chromas are the same as skins, they've got X number of artists, they prioritize in a similar way (popular champions get more skins, easy to make champions get more skins, in line for rework champions get none and rest rotate based on timing, ideas, time since last skin, promos, etc)

With ur idea ull just get a lot of ppl complaining about how less popular choice champs only get chromas or whatever

Good chromas take time and they probably don't want to release a ton of skins at once cos it's probably bad business not to space out shit u want to sell

thing about hots and doto skins is that they suck tho

rito skins are the best skins of any game ever, the amount of quality, detail and value in almost every skin is staggering

they blow everything else out of the water, no contest

so yea give them time to get to ur champion

I wish riot could lauch a new skin with chromas , all new skin sets.

So far all HoTS skins have tematic skills according to the skin now , old skins are getting reworked with thematic abilities too and lets not forget all HoTS skins have three chromas after you buy a skin, in every heroe.

Good chromas take time and they probably don't want to release a ton of skins at once cos it's probably bad business not to space out shit u want to sell

Whats a good chroma for you?

Newt

I mean, what's the point of making skins for Rengar and Yasuo when they're gonna be permanently removed from the game when 10 bans comes out?

Talents

Banned
Viktor skin when? It's been like over 1000 days. I just hope it's a simple skin and not some sort of legendary/1350. I don't usually like those types of skins. 975 would be good.

thing about hots and doto skins is that they suck tho

rito skins are the best skins of any game ever, the amount of quality, detail and value in almost every skin is staggering

they blow everything else out of the water, no contest

so yea give them time to get to ur champion

well ur complaint on someone like yorick really is irrelevant

yorick is a champion that had a kit nerfed into oblivion because of how toxic it was, he wasn't even put on free rotation and his visual design was outdated af

riot didn't want ppl playing yorick cos he was a mess, so they obviously are not gonna make skins for him

same with taric, they didn't make skins for taric cos he sucked, but the second he got reworked he got a skin, even if he's not ahri

galio actually did get a debonair skin (and aatrox got that pirate skin too) so it's not like they don't ever make skins for those kinds of champions

this is a very tired and old discussion that props up every time someone like ahri gets a skin

try to think of things in a bigger context rather than just being upset that ur champion didn't get a skin. i want a taliyah skin too, doesn't mean that lee sin shouldn't get one

Lol wat

Technically, both hots and dotas character models blow leagues out of the water. From a detail, quality, and work put into them standpoint. This is mainly because the Source engine and Blizzards own internal engine have been worked on for 10+ years.

Like..there is no arguing that hots and dotas skins are better than leagues from various standpoints.

Now if you mean art, such as the pretty pictures they use during the loading screen, sure. But at that point it becomes subjective. Compare Pug Maw to monkey Brightwing for example, and the detail in Brightwings skin blows out pugmaw out of the water. (theyre comparable because both skins change the character into an animal. Brightwings goes all the way by replacing all character audio with various unique monkey sounds.)

Newt

The HoTS models are really good, but they just look like trash ingame for some reason. Maybe it's because they blend into the environment too much?

HotS-Dragon-Shire.jpg

The HoTS models are really good, but they just look like trash ingame for some reason. Maybe it's because they blend into the environment too much?

It's definitely the art style and they don't use outlines like League for the most part. Certain skins stick out, but if the skin looks like the environment they stick out less. That and League definitely prioritizes texture art, whilst HotS has more technical aspects to it(IE reflections, physics based destruction on various parts of the map.) Like, league definitely 'cheats' when it comes to how it renders out the map, whilst HotS just uses fully rendered 3D models for say, the towers or trees or obstructions within the environment.

So whilst you can argue that subjectively Leagues art is more attractive, it doesn't mean that they are better on a technical level.

Newt

Oh no, HoTS definitely has better models, but that really doesn't matter when ingame you can't really see the difference.

zkylon

zkylewd
don't understand why nobody bans ori when she's ridiculously op
ppl ban champions that are frustrating more often than they ban champions that are actually op

i can make a chroma in 5 minutes.
so could riot, but they sucked and nobody bought them

I wish riot could lauch a new skin with chromas , all new skin sets.

So far all HoTS skins have tematic skills according to the skin now , old skins are getting reworked with thematic abilities too and lets not forget all HoTS skins have three chromas after you buy a skin, in every heroe.

Whats a good chroma for you?
personally i just don't like chromas, i think riot puts a lot of work on making champions readable even if they change shapes and colors a lot with skins, and chromas just muddle that. before chromas i very rarely had trouble telling champions apart, nowadays i tend to get confused a lot when i see a chroma because there's like a blue ezreal skin and also a lucian blue chroma and they just get mixed up a lot for me and stuff like that

but anyways, recent chromas have been better cos they do more than palette swapping and do cool texture changes as well. the meowkai chromas all have different emoji faces for instance

Viktor skin when? It's been like over 1000 days. I just hope it's a simple skin and not some sort of legendary/1350. I don't usually like those types of skins. 975 would be good.
i also feel like viktor skins have all been pretty sucky. i didn't buy creator viktor cos that skinline is pretty lame imo, i want a cool looking viktor that's colorful

Lol wat

Technically, both hots and dotas character models blow leagues out of the water. From a detail, quality, and work put into them standpoint. This is mainly because the Source engine and Blizzards own internal engine have been worked on for 10+ years.

Like..there is no arguing that hots and dotas skins are better than leagues from various standpoints.

Now if you mean art, such as the pretty pictures they use during the loading screen, sure. But at that point it becomes subjective. Compare Pug Maw to monkey Brightwing for example, and the detail in Brightwings skin blows out pugmaw out of the water. (theyre comparable because both skins change the character into an animal. Brightwings goes all the way by replacing all character audio with various unique monkey sounds.)
other game skins only have more polygons to them, the level of detail in the design, extra vfx, vo and animations, there's no other game like it

doto and hots skins feel like costumes, while league completely reimagines champions when they do skins. there's some good skins in those other games but no game comes close to league

idk why you're comparing two ugly, shitty skins tho, that's really weird (tho knowing you it's not surprising u went there lol)

other game skins only have more polygons to them, the level of detail in the design, extra vfx, vo and animations, there's no other game like it

And you think other games don't do extra vfx, vo, or animations? Nah. They do.

doto and hots skins feel like costumes, while league completely reimagines champions when they do skins. there's some good skins in those other games but no game comes close to league

.....That's just like, your opinion. It doesn't help you're saying other games don't do the same thing as league when they do in fact, do the same things as league. Just at a higher fidelity.

idk why you're comparing two ugly, shitty skins tho, that's really weird (tho knowing you it's not surprising u went there lol)

I'm comparing two skins that do a comparable thing-That is, turn two creatures(A void creature and a dragon fairy) into animals present in real life.(A pug, and a monkey. With wings.), and thus using the amount of effort put into both.(Pug'maw layers pug panting over his regular voice lines and changes vfx. Monkey'wing replaces all dialogue with monkey noises, changes the vfx to match the theme.)

HotS and DotA skins are a higher fidelity. I can't speak for DotA since I didn't spend time on their skins, but HotS skins do the same thing as league-changing vfx, vos, and animations. It just so happens they're a higher fidelity.

It's fine if you prefer leagues skins over other games. But to try and say that other games don't put the same effort in their skins, or to say that they are objectively better, is just sad stanning at that point.

zkylon

zkylewd

.....That's just like, your opinion. It doesn't help you're saying other games don't do the same thing as league when they do in fact, do the same things as league. Just at a higher fidelity.
idk most skins i've seen from both games are like "ok this is like this protoss dude with another helmet and another shoulderpad"

the ones that are like a completely new style are the minority

in league almost every skin you see is a complete makeover of the champion

i checked before posting, there's some cool skins but about half of them are like doto tier

doto tier skins in league are like 2%

I'm comparing two skins that do a comparable thing-That is, turn two creatures(A void creature and a dragon fairy) into animals present in real life.(A pug, and a monkey. With wings.), and thus using the amount of effort put into both.(Pug'maw layers pug panting over his regular voice lines and changes vfx. Monkey'wing replaces all dialogue with monkey noises, changes the vfx to match the theme.)
not really, you're not even comparing to a released skin lol

they're two shitty skins i guess, not sure why you would judge both games by their shittiest

HotS and DotA skins are a higher fidelity. I can't speak for DotA since I didn't spend time on their skins, but HotS skins do the same thing as league-changing vfx, vos, and animations. It just so happens they're a higher fidelity.

It's fine if you prefer leagues skins over other games. But to try and say that other games don't put the same effort in their skins, or to say that they are objectively better, is just sad stanning at that point.
objectively better talks are pointless and boring, i'm just saying league skins are on a whole other dimension to other games, and i stand by it

Ascension is really fun.
it surprisingly is

i think it's my favorite funsies mode

AFAIK the only things that change voice lines in dota are the arcana sets. Some sets will have special particle effects for certain spells, but not all of them.

zkylon

zkylewd
AFAIK the only things that change voice lines in dota are the arcana sets. Some sets will have special particle effects for certain spells, but not all of them.
voice lines are also rare in league, but vfx change a lot and nowadays they all get a custom recall and big model changes

idk most skins i've seen from both games are like "ok this is like this protoss dude with another helmet and another shoulderpad"

the ones that are like a completely new style are the minority

in league almost every skin you see is a complete makeover of the champion

i checked before posting, there's some cool skins but about half of them are like doto tier

doto tier skins in league are like 2%

not really, you're not even comparing to a released skin lol

they're two shitty skins i guess, not sure why you would judge both games by their shittiest

objectively better talks are pointless and boring, i'm just saying league skins are on a whole other dimension to other games, and i stand by it

I mean if you want to compare released skins around similar price points

Pulsefire Ezreal-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ebQTanjbys

Space Lord Leoric-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtUnPmOFW0s

For release skins(Both released in February of Last year)
High Noon Jhin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H1ibdemrLM

Star Princess Li-Ming-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgopuThHL-k

Let's go further back
From the release of both games(In this case, Illidans skin is from 2014 from when HotS was still in Alpha, and well..I'll pick a comparable melee character for League.)

Shan'Do Illidan(2014)-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyaDruMWRgg

Kata-I mean Night Raven Fiora(2012)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJebguI8tNk

While we're at it
DunkMaster Darius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwe4vMEFkJE

AzmoDunk-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihRYeNMOkzE

The point is, what League is doing isn't unique. And all the skins in HotS are complete makeovers, as they apply the, for example, 'What if Illidan was in the starcraft universe' so they tend to be completely new models.

Your critique of 'they just get a shoulderpad' is probably because you're confusing the master skins which tend to be earned after you reach a character to level 10, and they're purchaseable with in game currency, and they also tend to add onto their current model instead of giving them a new look.

Newt

Eh, the VFX is a lot worse, but the models are better for heroes.

Overall it seems like heroes is better in a technical sense, but is just stylistically worse. The VFX and the hero animations are all really underwhelming.

Looking at Illidan's run animation, it reminds me a lot like Udyr's. The difference is, Udyr is the exception in League, but those clunky looking animations are the norm in Heroes.

It's the most clear when you look at someone like Kerrigan.

zkylon

zkylewd
I mean if you want to compare released skins around similar price points

Pulsefire Ezreal-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ebQTanjbys

Space Lord Leoric-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtUnPmOFW0s

For release skins(Both released in February of Last year)
High Noon Jhin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H1ibdemrLM

Star Princess Li-Ming-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgopuThHL-k

Let's go further back
From the release of both games(In this case, Illidans skin is from 2014 from when HotS was still in Alpha, and well..I'll pick a comparable melee character for League.)

Shan'Do Illidan(2014)-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyaDruMWRgg

Kata-I mean Night Raven Fiora(2012)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJebguI8tNk

While we're at it
DunkMaster Darius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwe4vMEFkJE

AzmoDunk-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihRYeNMOkzE

The point is, what League is doing isn't unique. And all the skins in HotS are complete makeovers, as they apply the, for example, 'What if Illidan was in the starcraft universe' so they tend to be completely new models.

Your critique of 'they just get a shoulderpad' is probably because you're confusing the master skins which tend to be earned after you reach a character to level 10, and they're purchaseable with in game currency, and they also tend to add onto their current model instead of giving them a new look.
yea maybe it's the master thing like u said, i looked at a bunch of champions and they all had like 3 extra shoulderpad type skins and then maybe 1 or 2 real new ones. thing about league is that with few exceptions, everyone has 3 or 4 skins that dramatically change how they look. even illaoi or taliyah who only have one look very different in their release skins

league just has so many skins and so much variety and they're almost all super high quality

also is it just me or is hots ugly overall? i used to think it looked pretty good and character models are certainly more detailed (like their mouths and eyes move and hsit) but the game just looks really ugly in those videos

Newt

Oh no, Kog is a horrible pick in Silver. I was talking about my elo.

In Silver the best champs are probably just those with the lowest margin of error.

Type2

Should I grind my way to plat through lulu cancer or wait a bit?
My time is so limited for games now had a few good ones with breakfasts and I haven't logged on since.

Newt

My time is so limited for games now had a few good ones with breakfasts and I haven't logged on since.
Yeah probably. I have a Gold 4 acc if you want to duo, been playing with a lot of gaffers.

Leezard

You're not seeing near 100% banrate on Lulu?

I've had 100% pick/ban on Lulu in my games recently, mostly bans though. It's funny when you see that the enemy support only picked Lulu because of fotm and will lose lane since he doesn't know how to play her.

Have you guys had any issues with input lag in the latest patch? For some reason wherever i click or press a key, it takes a second for a response.

I confirmed this by playing Urgot vs Shen. Seeing my q's go miles away was hilarious

That said it is a little annoying. Anyone heard of a fix for this?

why are people picking lulu and kog again

People started picking Lulu because she was pretty good into Malz and Zyra in lane (you can 1-hit plants/voidlings with pix auto). Then people realized she's just in a decent spot. Kog probably started getting picked again in high elo because he doesn't auto lose trades botlane now that exhaust doesn't have the AS slow on it.

Lulu brings CC, has a decently strong lane-phase, fucks assassins, and buffs up allies fairly well.

TheFlow

Banned
People started picking Lulu because she was pretty good into Malz and Zyra in lane (you can 1-hit plants/voidlings with pix auto). Then people realized she's just in a decent spot. Kog probably started getting picked again in high elo because he doesn't auto lose trades botlane now that exhaust doesn't have the AS slow on it.

Lulu brings CC, has a decently strong lane-phase, fucks assassins, and buffs up allies fairly well.
Ah that makes sense. Exhaust nerf helping the bot lane meta.

I am just tired of lucians so anything is welcome

Ah that makes sense. Exhaust nerf helping the bot lane meta.

I am just tired of lucians so anything is welcome

Qt said on stream that before you'd get exhausted as soon as you went in to trade and that would lose the trade for most ADCs because you couldn't do shit. The nerf to exhaust helps out multiple shorter-range ADCs in lane. Also, ignite is way more fun to play in lane. I run ignite now most of them time when I don't think I need exhaust.

Edit:

FOREVER RED IS ON HYPE

TheFlow

Banned
Qt said on stream that before you'd get exhausted as soon as you went in to trade and that would lose the trade for most ADCs because you couldn't do shit. The nerf to exhaust helps out multiple shorter-range ADCs in lane. Also, ignite is way more fun to play in lane. I run ignite now most of them time when I don't think I need exhaust.

Edit:

FOREVER RED IS ON HYPE
I could never see myself taking ignite on true support Champs like nami.

Top Bottom