• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

rpbtz

Brave Wave will be opening preorders for Art Of Fighting and Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows + a surprise indie game title next week.

They will also be opening their own US store (although Mondo will still be getting copies of their releases as well). For the opening of their new store they will have a few signed copies of the Japanese version of the original Shovel Knight release.

They will be sending out newsletters with more information on when things go live a few days in advance.

Dan-o

Without getting too specific...
Did anyone here also order the Dark Souls Vinyl Trilogy from Bandai Namco EU?
And did you happen to use a forwarding service in the UK (located in Preston)?
And did you happen to get an email from a parcel tracking company with a different person's name and slightly different address than what the forwarding service gave you when you signed up?

Because... I did. I think I got the tracking number for someone else's package, not mine, so I assume that person would have got my tracking number. They may be on the same shipment... but the forwarding service in Preston may end up having an issue with these if they don't match up the way they should.

So... if you're in the same boat as me... shoot me a DM please. We don't have to exchange personal info.. just need to be aware of each other in case there's a problem.

edit: thinking about this more, it's possible that the person whose name is on my order may have ordered from Bandai Namco earlier, and now may be getting a second copy because of BN's screwup. So if your initials are J.L. and you ordered from them in the last few weeks... Please.. PLEASE... contact me. I have a feeling BN's screwup is going to leave me with nothing... .

This is the only time I'm going to bump this. My apologies as I do not want to clutter the thread.

If you are "J.L." and you know this package doesn't actually belong to you, please reach out to me... so far Bandai Namco has ignored me. If you don't have a GAF account (just a lurker) please check the Dark Souls thread on the VGMvinyl subreddit, and you'll be able to contact me there...

late edit: in case anyone's wondering, "J.L." did the right thing and did not claim the package as his when asked by the forwarding company (wherever you are: Thanks!). Thus, the forwarding company agreed that it was mine, and they've now shipped it out and I should have it by Monday! EEEEEEK!!

NekoFever

I finally got a record player for my birthday, so I've been enjoying my Data Discs collection. Even done a high-res rip of Panzer Dragoon to listen to on the go – that was an interesting project for someone with little experience in audio editing.

I didn't realise how true it was about the sound of picture discs until I tried one. I've got the Journey soundtrack from iam8bit and there's a very noticeable background rumbling throughout. Really awful.

robotrock

Banned
I finally got a record player for my birthday, so I've been enjoying my Data Discs collection. Even done a high-res rip of Panzer Dragoon to listen to on the go – that was an interesting project for someone with little experience in audio editing.

I didn't realise how true it was about the sound of picture discs until I tried one. I've got the Journey soundtrack from iam8bit and there's a very noticeable background rumbling throughout. Really awful.
iam8bit has problems with their non picture discs too. Data-discs seems to put a lot of care in the audio quality.

I got an email from DD about this:

So that explains it, not much they can do so just email them around the time you should get a code and no problem!

Interesting!

I'm in the US group too, despite being in EU.

did anyone else sign up for Gmail during the closed beta period?

also what the fuck does this mean for data privacy!! - This would be illgal under EU law.

rpbtz

Black Screen Records have preorders up for the Thomas Was Alone OST: http://blackscreenrecords.limitedru...-housden-thomas-was-alone-official-soundtrack

v600_TWA_Front_Red.png

RaidenZR

Heads up, Fangamer has the new Brave Wave Generation Series - Shovel Knight: The Definitive SoundtrackShovel Knight: Plague of Shadows Vinyl up for preorder (make sure you select the vinyl option, and not CD):
https://www.fangamer.com/products/s...oundtrack?mc_cid=ccd3227f65&mc_eid=a510b09793

They also have Republique and Art of Fighting up there. As well as copies of Brave Wave's Street Fighter II and signed copies of the original Shovel Knight release.

Edit: Beaten by a much more convenient link. Damnit!

JEKKI

if anyone wants a Super Castlevania IV gold/bronze split, I think I wanna get rid of mine.

listened to it twice; no need to have it in my collection.

I'll do $35 shipped to US. That's the GAF price; if no takers then I'm listing it on discogs for a bit more.

PM me if interested; and if I'm not allowed to sell in this thread then plz mod me away.

Without getting too specific...
Did anyone here also order the Dark Souls Vinyl Trilogy from Bandai Namco EU?
And did you happen to use a forwarding service in the UK (located in Preston)?
And did you happen to get an email from a parcel tracking company with a different person's name and slightly different address than what the forwarding service gave you when you signed up?

Because... I did. I think I got the tracking number for someone else's package, not mine, so I assume that person would have got my tracking number. They may be on the same shipment... but the forwarding service in Preston may end up having an issue with these if they don't match up the way they should.

So... if you're in the same boat as me... shoot me a DM please. We don't have to exchange personal info.. just need to be aware of each other in case there's a problem.

edit: thinking about this more, it's possible that the person whose name is on my order may have ordered from Bandai Namco earlier, and now may be getting a second copy because of BN's screwup. So if your initials are J.L. and you ordered from them in the last few weeks... Please.. PLEASE... contact me. I have a feeling BN's screwup is going to leave me with nothing... .

Anyone else use Shipto service in Austria? I sent my Dark Souls vinyl there and it arrived almost 2 weeks ago according to tracking, however, they never notified me. Checking with them now, they told me that they did receive the package but the tracking I gave them was a package which belonged to another customer. The notification email Bandai Namco gave me along with my tracking showed the correct address, so I am literally confused right now.

Anyone else use this service?

Dan-o

Anyone else use Shipto service in Austria? I sent my Dark Souls vinyl there and it arrived almost 2 weeks ago according to tracking, however, they never notified me. Checking with them now, they told me that they did receive the package but the tracking I gave them was a package which belonged to another customer. The notification email Bandai Namco gave me along with my tracking showed the correct address, so I am literally confused right now.

Anyone else use this service?

Bandai Namco 100% fucked it up. What happened in my situation was that both my package AND the other person's package were addressed to the other person. My Bandai Namco email confirmation showed my info, but the shipping agent (DPD in my case) showed the other person's name. If I hadn't gotten that email confirmation from DPD, I'd have never known that it was addressed the the wrong person. Bandai Namco was totally fucking useless (and I'm putting that lightly). What I had to do was show the forwarding company (in my case it was Forward2me) the email confirmations from both BN and DPD showing different information for the same tracking number. Even still, Forward2me then had to contact the other person to confirm, with them, that they were only expecting one package, not two. But Forward2me was very clear that if they said it was theirs, then they couldn't do anything for me, and the package would go to that other person, despite all the evidence that it was mine. Lucky for me, that person was honest.

My advice: tell Shipto to contact the other person and ask how many packages they were expecting. If that person lies, you're screwed (unless you do a chargeback with BN, but if you do that you have to prove that they shipped to the wrong name and address, for fraud reasons). If they're honest, then maybe (MAYBE) they'll re-assign the package to you. Assuming Shipto is legit and doesn't try to screw you over as well.

BN finally wrote me and said it was a "computer error."
What (I think) really happened was that every package going from BN to a forwarding service was inadvertently labeled with the name of the FIRST person who ordered from BN with that address.

Bandai Namco 100% fucked it up. What happened in my situation was that both my package AND the other person's package were addressed to the other person. My Bandai Namco email confirmation showed my info, but the shipping agent (DPD in my case) showed the other person's name. If I hadn't gotten that email confirmation from DPD, I'd have never known that it was addressed the the wrong person. Bandai Namco was totally fucking useless (and I'm putting that lightly). What I had to do was show the forwarding company (in my case it was Forward2me) the email confirmations from both BN and DPD showing different information for the same tracking number. Even still, Forward2me then had to contact the other person to confirm, with them, that they were only expecting one package, not two. But Forward2me was very clear that if they said it was theirs, then they couldn't do anything for me, and the package would go to that other person, despite all the evidence that it was mine. Lucky for me, that person was honest.

My advice: tell Shipto to contact the other person and ask how many packages they were expecting. If that person lies, you're screwed (unless you do a chargeback with BN, but if you do that you have to prove that they shipped to the wrong name and address, for fraud reasons). If they're honest, then maybe (MAYBE) they'll re-assign the package to you. Assuming Shipto is legit and doesn't try to screw you over as well.

BN finally wrote me and said it was a "computer error."
What (I think) really happened was that every package going from BN to a forwarding service was inadvertently labeled with the name of the FIRST person who ordered from BN with that address.

Oh man, now I am worried.
I already emailed Bandai Namco, and also sent Shiptome an email screenshot including my order number. What is DPD by the way?

Dan-o

DPD is the company that Bandai Namco used to ship my copy to Forward2me. They're just a shipping agency, like UPS or DHL or whatever.

Good luck! Hopefully Shipto can sort it out for you! Like I said, you should ask them to contact the person whose name is on the box and ask if (and what) they were expecting. If they're honest, then Shipto will likely release the package to you instead.

DPD is the company that Bandai Namco used to ship my copy to Forward2me. They're just a shipping agency, like UPS or DHL or whatever.

Good luck! Hopefully Shipto can sort it out for you! Like I said, you should ask them to contact the person whose name is on the box and ask if (and what) they were expecting. If they're honest, then Shipto will likely release the package to you instead.

For me they used http://www.coliposte.net and it actually does not say the exact name used for my package when I check the tracking. :/
However, in email with my shipping notification, it did show my correct name and address.
Not sure what to do right now, I am just waiting for responses from both sides (Namco and Shipito).

I never thought this day would come, but I just received my Chime# vinyl, complete with smashed corners and a split seam. I never even got a shipping notification. Glad to put finally this fiasco behind me.

OnPoint

I never thought this day would come, but I just received my Chime# vinyl, complete with smashed corners and a split seam. I never even got a shipping notification. Glad to put finally this fiasco behind me.

After that whole debacle I'd consider it a victory so long as the record isn't smashed.

After that whole debacle I'd consider it a victory so long as the record isn't smashed.

Yeah, I'm not too upset about the minor damage to it. I'm just happy it's finally over. It also feels good to finally move it off my open orders spreadsheet into my completed orders sheet. feelsgoodman.jpg

Dan-o

For me they used http://www.coliposte.net and it actually does not say the exact name used for my package when I check the tracking. :/
However, in email with my shipping notification, it did show my correct name and address.
Not sure what to do right now, I am just waiting for responses from both sides (Namco and Shipito).

For your sake, I really hope it gets sorted out. Above all else, know that Bandai Namco knows it's a problem on their end, because they said as much when they (finally) replied to me.

For me, well... I'm a little bit happier today...

For your sake, I really hope it gets sorted out. Above all else, know that Bandai Namco knows it's a problem on their end, because they said as much when they (finally) replied to me.

For me, well... I'm a little bit happier today...

Thanks, just playing the waiting game right now.

EDIT: waiting game over, seems Shipito figured it out.

Top Bottom