• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Germany lists GTA V for PC; Special Edition possibly detailed

#Shocked

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0071L2QD0/

PC version also listed on GamesOnly.at which is apparently one of the largest online retailers in Germany for video games according to Gamepur (never heard of them).

Another thing was that a special edition was discovered by this German GTA fan forum too on GamesOnly.at before being taken down. Might be true, might not:

As per the details translated, GTA V Special Edition will feature the following contents:

• SteelBook with exclusive Artwork
  • World map
  • Stunt-Planes challenges
  • Online-Store concessions
  • Bonus outfits
  • Bonus Tattoos
  • Special Abilities Booster
  • Exclusive weapons

As expected the original post is now deleted but you guys can still search the catalogue on this link.

Edit:

Apparently, a poster on that board even got a confirmation from gamesonly.at.

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.
Wir können bestätigen, dass der Inhalt, so wie er in der Artikelbeschreibung angegeben ist, korrekt ist.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Andrea Prinz
GamesOnly Customer Care

thank you for your question,
we can confirm that the article description is correct.

SparkTR

These are usually wrong, hell I believe you can pre-order the PC version at a local tech store where I live. I'm not expecting it until next gen versions are announced.

KyleN

Banned
idDh0BQrtHobh.gif

Please be true.

Edit: Just checked "webhallen", one of swedens biggest retailers. And they also have the PC version listed now.

Every GTA game, barring the portable ones, has come out on the PC.

For me it was never a case of if, but when. Hopefully it will come out in 2013, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

yay for PC, will double dip at a later point

But hopefully that's not everything in the special edition. Mostly all in-game content, how boring...

Salsa

At least they didn't slap the Games for Windows Live logo on there.

It'll most likely be Steamworks. If anything at least Max Payne 3-type steamworks (as in, Steam version being steamworks but at the same time not being able to register a retail CD-key)

Nah what? Anyway, it's obviously coming but most likely by next summer or around that time like previous GTAs.

not sure about that "nah", yeah, lol. Just took it as if the listing meant a faster PC release

Nibel

Germany, of all places?

PC country

Look, Rockstar: everybody knows that this will find its way to the PC platform - the question is if you guys are finally done with your year 2000+ mindset and ready to release this at the same time like the console versions/ just a few weeks later like MP3

I will believe it when I see it. Rockstar is going to need to get to work on their next gen GTA game asap after finishing GTA 5. I'm sure they were hoping to get 3 gta games out this gen and couldn't. I'm sure they are going to try their best to remedy that next gen and that doesn't leave a lot of time for porting 5 to next gen or work on a PC version.

AOC83

Banned
I will believe it when I see it. Rockstar is going to need to get to work on their next gen GTA game asap after finishing GTA 5. I'm sure they were hoping to get 3 gta games out this gen and couldn't. I'm sure they are going to try their best to remedy that next gen and that doesn't leave a lot of time for porting 5 to next gen or work on a PC version.

Rockstar has more than enough manpower to do both. Especially since it will be very easy to port PC --- Next Gen.

Xater

Rockstar North are not the ones who need to do the porting.

Gangxxter

Such listings don't mean anything. Practically every (online) retailer out there let you pre-order GTA V for PC because the past has shown us that every GTA of the main series comes to PC eventually. Of course the retailers are interested to put up such pre-order offers as soon as possible so you'll pre-order at their store and not not at the competitor's.

Btw, GamesOnly.at is not German, it's from Austria. I don't know if it's the largest retailer for video games but it's definitely a very popular one (like gameware.at) because you can buy all the uncut versions there. In Germany practically every game is cut because of the strict youth protection laws. Therefore many German gamers buy their uncut games from retailers in Austria or Switzerland.

Twinduct

They've pretty much been a console centric dev. Just think it'll make more sense for them (from their perspective) to rather have the game being cross-gen than PC. Again I'm not saying it's not coming, just that I don't believe it will arrive in the launch period (window?).

Also this is purely based on the notion that they're not showing the PC version due to not wanting to shit on current gen consoles (from a graphical standpoint).

nampad

Apparently, a poster on that board even got a confirmation from gamesonly.at.

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.
Wir können bestätigen, dass der Inhalt, so wie er in der Artikelbeschreibung angegeben ist, korrekt ist.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Andrea Prinz
GamesOnly Customer Care

thank you for your question,
we can confirm that the article description is correct.

edit: talking about the special edition to be clear.

borius

Neo Member
#Shocked

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0071L2QD0/

PC version also listed on GamesOnly.at which is apparently one of the largest online retailers in Germany for video games according to Gamepur (never heard of them).

Another thing was that a special edition was discovered by this German GTA fan forum too on GamesOnly.at before being taken down. Might be true, might not:

Holy s***t so it's real?

crappy dlc bonuses? the map is now a bonus??

R* this is not max payne 3, give us a good collection ed like GTA IV

Gangxxter

Rockstar North are not the ones who need to do the porting.
Up to San Andreas R* North did the porting to PC alone. IV and Episodes from Liberty City where ported to PC in collaboration with R* Toronto.
I think it will be similar with V this time, R* North and R* Toronto working together on the PC port.

Top Bottom