• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's E3 Site up: "more than 20 new gaming experiences" being demoed

ReaperXL7

Monday, June 4th Live Press Conference (5:30PM Preview Show,
6:00PM Press Conference, Wrap Up, immediately following)

http://www.sceainvites.com/show.php

Come join PlayStation as we give the largest show in entertainment a triple shot of excitement. Be one of the first to witness the launch of more than 20 new gaming experiences. Meet up with developers one-on-one. Then check out the new lineup firsthand and keep on playing as long as you can.

http://www.sceainvites.com/

Sony's booth layout:

SX9sa.png

http://www.sceainvites.com/pdf/showFloor_map.pdf

I've never been to E3 personally so i'm not sure how large this section this is compared to their previous E3 setups.

I think it's a given that stuff like The Last of Us, Sony All-Stars, and God Of War will be apart of this, but 20 "new" gaming experiences seems promising, Lets hope it's worth it. I don't know is this is actually thread worthy, but I figured what the hell, i'm sure there will be some interest.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pretty sure the 3 of the 20 ones are God of War: Ascension and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, and LBP Karting.

gogogow

I wonder why Microsoft needs so much space. Sony has the PS3 and Vita, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Or is it always like that in previous E3's?

ReaperXL7

meeting structure, so no kiosks there?

I'm not sure, like I said i've never been to E3 so i'm not sure how Sony sets their booths up. I've seen tons of pictures of their old booths, but not in compairison to their layouts.

Seems like they would need a pretty large space for 200 or more kiosks though. The good thing imo is that all of them are supposed to be playable.

Mario007

Didn't Sony Santa Monica say they had 8 Playstation exclusives to show at E3 last year and we've got really nothing from that?

Although I guess at least 10 could PSV titles this year.

It's so transparent SOE having their own booth away from Sony's. Almost as bad as MGS' previous disregard for the PC platform.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sony and Nintendo's are the same sizes compared to their booths at E3 2011:

sGX89.png

(note: this is from E3 2011)

Microsoft's E3 2012 booth is bigger now.

gogogow

Sony and Nintendo's are the same sizes compared to their booths at E3 2011:

http://i.imgur.com/sGX89.png[/IMG
(note: this is from E3 2011)

Microsoft's E3 2012 booth is bigger now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, like I said, why? Secret reveal of nextbox? I doubt MS has more Kinect reveals this year than last.

C_H_T

I guess Sony will also show some mobile devices (new tablets and phones) using PlayStation Suite.
PlayStation Suite will be a part of their E3 presscon, besides their PS3 and PSV lineup.

ReaperXL7

Yeah, like I said, why? Secret reveal of nextbox? I doubt MS has more Kinect reveals this year than last.

I would think you need alot of space to demo Kinect and they have quite a few kinect games lined up to show off. I'll be really surprised if MS or Sony show anything from their next consoles, if anything I would predict a few "teasers".

gogogow

I would think you need alot of space to demo Kinect and they have quite a few kinect games lined up to show off. I'll be really surprised if MS or Sony show anything from their next consoles, if anything I would predict a few "teasers".

Sony no, since that would take all the attention away from the Vita, but MS, I don't know, with rumours about fabrication and all. And they have twice the amount of space this year. Do they really have THAT much more Kinect games than last year?

ReaperXL7

Sony no, since that would take all the attention away from the Vita, but MS, I don't know, with rumours about fabrication and all. And they have twice the amount of space this year. Do they really have THAT much more Kinect games than last year?

Well just the stuff that we know about they have

Steel Battalion:Heavy Armor

Fable Journey

Disney Pixar Kinect Rush

Wreckateer

Diabolical Pitch

Crimson Dragon

Those are the announced games right now, that does not take into account anything else that they plan to announce at E3 this year, or third party games with Kinect support. Last year watching how some people demoed the kinect I could them needing space, but who knows maybe MS really will announce the Nextbox at E3.

I still suspect Sony will pull a Vita, and have their own private conference for it sometime later this year.

Globox_82

Banned
Probably playing with words. Doesn't mean 20 new announcements. In those 20 probably go GOWA, TLOU, Unifinished Swan, LBPK, Sly4, etc. Of course there will be some announcements, but nothing major imo. Maybe Infamous 3 for PS3. Rest are probably Vita games, PSN games. DON'T get hyped too much

Globox_82

Banned
I wonder why Microsoft needs so much space. Sony has the PS3 and Vita, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Or is it always like that in previous E3's?

Have you seen those Kinect booths? They are freaking huge. They will probably have more Kinect content then ever before

gogogow

Probably playing with words. Doesn't mean 20 new announcements. In those 20 probably go GOWA, TLOU, Unifinished Swan, LBPK, Sly4, etc. Of course there will be some announcements, but nothing major imo. Maybe Infamous 3 for PS3. Rest are probably Vita games, PSN games. DON'T get hyped too much

They better be. I'm hyped if the majority are games for the Vita and not for the PS3. It needs those games!

snap0212

My prediction for E3 this year:

Start
→ Video montage that shows only old/already announced games, Sackboy will do something funny, there will be one new game/character in this montage.

→ 'Momentum... PlayStation Family... PS Vita launch great, best software lineup of any launch ever'. Sony is also proud to have Netflix and Skype on their system. They're proud to have the Vita features, they're proud to be able to offer everything for free. They'll also mention that PS+ is a great success. Now they'll quickly mention that indie developers can now develop for a variety of PS branded systems. They'll also not forget to mention all the additional apps they've released on PSN (the photo app, music unlimited) and that one will also be shown in their video presentation.

It will be pointed out that Vita is the only gaming system where retail games get released day-in-date on the PSN. Customers are satisfied with that.

→ Another video montage. Sackboy will make funny faces.

→ Now it's about the games. Sony will announce spin-offs of their major franchises for PS Vita. There'll be a God of War, there will definitely be an EyePet game, and one game that no one expected. I could imagine something like the next David Cage project coming to Vita. They'll show Vita ports of console games and talk about the exclusive characters/DLC or something like that. They'll talk about many games currently in development.

They'll now show gameplay on stage (new, unannounced games).

→ Video Montage. Not 100% sure but Sackboy might appear to do something incredibly funny.

→ Let's shift to PS3. PlayStation 3 has, thanks to the amazing software lineup and free online, been doing great. No other platform offers the same experiences, no other platform offers that much variety.

→ Announcement of PS3 games. There will be a few Move enabled games but they'll all be from Sony – third parties dropped the ball and will not make a single game exclusive to move (aside from PSN stuff). Sony will talk about Move numbers and how much inferior Move is to everything else.

→ Video Montage.

→ Someone will step on stage with a Vita in their hand. Now the release of the PSOne Emulator will be announced. It'll be either available right after the show or very soon after. Not all games will work right from the start. The person on stage will wait for applause – nothing will happen.

Somewhere in between Sony will show games like The Last of Us, God of War, a new inFamous game, the Soul thing for Vita, The Last Guardian. TLG will come out this holiday season. FF versus XIII will not be shown or mentioned. Music wise, Sony will go the dubstep route this time around. Music will be way too loud, of course. The conference will start 15 minutes later than planned.

sublimit

Banned
God of War: Ascension
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
LBP Karting
Gravity Rush
The Last Guardian
Dragon's Crown
Soul Sacrifice
The Last of Us

and lots of PSN/Move games.

gogogow

We knew about the website stuff, as they do that every year... but streaming to ps3? Hope it doesn't use home.

I always fall for that shit. Come join us in Home for livestreaming of the E3 Press Conference!!! And then nothing happens or is extremely laggy.

I think Sony is going all out this year, they were the powerhouse in this game and need to start doing things differently, need a better gameplan, start with E3.

Xater

Why do I have the feeling this will be underwhelming? Oh right because most of the time out of those 20 games five are actually interesting and we probably already know these.

Top Bottom