• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rapper Nelly arrested after rape accusation

Are you completely blind to the reality of how these things usually work? Statistically speaking this isn't the case.

Also. No ones going with "guilty" - people are just reacting to those calling her a liar.

Judge each case on its merits

Jebusman

Banned
People should use /s tags if they're going to try it. I'm not a mod, so my opinions on how people should attempt to make their points, whether with dark sarcasm or straight seriousness isn't really relevant.

They're not using /s tags because, and this might be a shock to you, some of them aren't actually being sarcastic.

ianpm31

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Dude are you living in fantasy world? This was in Nelly's "tour" bus. Have you ever been around and seen what happens with this shit? Literally girls are begging to get in these buses and it's just the way it is. I just find it hard to believe she got raped but we'll see when the facts come out.

Volimar

Not every time, I guess?
If a girl changes her mind half way through and wants to stop, you are now raping her in her mind

What the fuck? If she wants to stop, you stop. If you keep going that's literally rape. Either party can revoke consent, there's no point of no return during the act.

Dude are you living in fantasy world? This was in Nelly's "tour" bus. Have you ever been around and seen what happens with this shit? Literally girls are begging to get in these buses and it's just the way it is. I just find it hard to believe she got raped but we'll see when the facts come out.

Jesus Christ!

sqwarlock

Ooh, the double-down. Can't wait to see where this leads. Please, go on.

On-topic:
Hell of a way for his name to re-enter the public consciousness.

Paganmoon

Well, this thread turned disgusting awfully quick... what the fuck is wrong with you, specifically ianpm31 and Alter_Fridge. Fuck both of you...

They're not using /s tags because, and this might be a shock to you, some of them aren't actually being sarcastic.
Yes, some are, and often they aren't around here. It happens just about every thread, actually. Written sarcasm can be a difficult thing to detect.

In this case, there are multiple sarcasm posts, and then there's this dude apparently tripling down, or running some performance art. Wow, this guy.

M.J. Doja

Banned

If she said no, at any point, or stop, and he kept going. That is when it clearly is rape. If anything close to that happened, it doesn't matter where they were, or who wants to hang out on the tour bus, it is still rape. Think about that please, before you assume to know everything of what happens on a tour bus.

AJLma

Nelly's been headlining a country tour as well, probably killing it stirring up all kinds of hatred and jealousy among those closeted racist fucks.

rjinaz

I mean Bill Cosby could probably get a lot of "action" too without the need to rape but, well you know how that went. Rape isn't only about some smuck not being able to get some.

Edit:
How naive are you? Enter a tour bus with Nelly and his entourage and expect nothing to happen....sure dude

Oh never mind, you're just gross then, not worth a response.

How naive are you? Enter a tour bus with Nelly and his entourage and expect nothing to happen....sure dude

Are you 12? Because then I understand and feel bad. If not, you have a shit way of thinking. Nelly’s tour bus probably isn’t a black hole sex dungeon of no return.

Unreal AND FUCKING GROSS

Keri

Oh man. Seriously? No wonder you automatically don't believe her. You think she consented by getting in the bus. That's not how life works.

Wow

You think it’s okay for this shit to happen?

Ahh so it's her fault? I guess if you enter a famous persons bus/trailer you're just expected to let them have their way because hey, what did you expect?

Kebiinu

Banned
Not gonna believe either of them until I see some shit condemning the dude. Don't want to believe the girl is lying, either. So I'm just taking a wait and see approach.

Edit: Lowkey wouldn't surprise me if he did, though.

Yeah I know and I have stopped

So maybe that's what happened here

Sounds more like wishful thinking on your part. Could've been alcohol, but we don't know.

Hope this is investigated properly and really hope everyone reading this isn't all "well, she obviously just wants money."

legacyzero

Banned
OH SHIT. Gettin hot in hurr

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

As much as I am for innocent until proven guilty, burden of proof, etc. This is just horseshit. And then you give no basis for your own skepticism. That's just as inappropriate.

Ryzaki009

I do so love the implication that going into a tour bus with someone means that you owe them sex for the privilege of allowing you to do so.

Seesaw15

Good for the victim coming forward so soon if true. It's really tough to have to relive your trauma and risk being publicly shammed for being a "groupie". If Nelly is a serial rapist I hope more victims start coming forward if not it's gonna be a tough situation. Nelly's Lawyer is already out in front of the situation discrediting her so we'll see how it goes.

I hope no one was raped and this is just a quick cash grab but I doubt it.

Famassu

Some might be eager to get to a tour bus with a star, but they might not want to have sex with the star or might change their minds if they are treated like shit or they start feeling uncomfortable about going forward with it if the situation in the bus isn't the kind they want to have sex in (i.e. maybe someone was a bit too aggressive or maybe there were other people around and the woman didn't want to have sex while the rest of the posse is watching or something).

And you can be raped even if sex starts out consentually. Women (and men) can change their mind if they feel uncomfortable about what is happening during sex (again, maybe it's too aggressive to the woman's liking or something) and if the man refuses to listen and continues on, that is rape.

ianpm31

Entering a bus makes you a sexual object and anyone can do what they want with you? That's your argument?

You're disgusting. Get out of here.

Nobody said they are a sexual object and nobody said they have a right to do anything but I've seen it in many cases that these girls are out there to gain something because they know full well what happens when you enter a celebrities bus w/ his entourage. You guys need to get with reality. I don't know who's innocent but I've seen this many times and I am allowed to state that

Top Bottom