• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is a lie :\ (was: next Team ICO-Game!?)

Flek

Banned
Sory i havent found any topic about this - if there is one please lock. Also i dont know if this is true because i dont realy have a link to prove it ... it just got posted in ouer board.

Upcoming Issue of Game Informer to feature first details and title of next Team ICO-game

First glimpse of ICO-successor: Ueda reveals next game.
While the whole world is occupied with playing the third Halo-game, Game Informer got the chance to get the first real news about Team ICO´s next generation game for Playstation 3. Instead of having some lukewarm chitchat we went home with material for a whole feature - this feature. After having created two such completely different experiences as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, one could wonder where the next game would go. Fighting giants in HD? No, thanks god Fumito Ueda who we talked to chose another different, unique setting: The whole game is one gigantic, wide flat desert. Ueda described it as being like Death Valley (California), only being different in one department: It’s not really a flat area. That’s what it looks like when you’re hundreds of meters above ground. Actually, the whole area is interspersed with canyons. A lot of them, and all of different width and depth. The key of
the game is, so says Ueda, to explore these canyons and find 'something'. What this ‘something' is will be revealed at a later time. Now, what is it that’ll make this game so special one might ask. Besides the breath-taking setting of this enormous desert with canyons all over the place, the way you explore those is what makes the difference: The main character will travel by utilizing a glider, which allows him to fly through the air. It’s not some high-tech glider, but seemingly a traditional glider, made of wood and cloth. What makes this so unique is that you freely, and we cannot put enough emphasize on that, fly around that desert, dive into these canyons and jump off the glider to run around without it. From what we’ve seen there’s never before been that feeling of flying around in the sky, combined with this scale of environment. One thing that returns from both previous games is the ability to climb. While diving into canyons you’ll have to climb back to the surface, having a glider and not a motor-driven vehicle. The information you read until now was exciting, and we should end this article with something exciting, as well: The working title of Team ICO´s third game is 'The Last Canyon'. Having seen how many canyons this game has we’re looking forward to find out more about the title’s meaning.

sounds sooo awesome imo makes me think of this:
24pjee1.jpg

<3

castle007

Banned
OMG OMG OMG

: The whole game is one gigantic, wide flat desert. Ueda described it as being like Death Valley (California), only being different in one department: It’s not really a flat area. That’s what it looks like when you’re hundreds of meters above ground. Actually, the whole area is interspersed with canyons. A lot of them, and all of different width and depth. The key of
the game is, so says Ueda, to explore these canyons and find 'something'. What this ‘something' is will be revealed at a later time. Now, what is it that’ll make this game so special one might ask. Besides the breath-taking setting of this enormous desert with canyons all over the place, the way you explore those is what makes the difference: The main character will travel by utilizing a glider, which allows him to fly through the air. It’s not some high-tech glider, but seemingly a traditional glider, made of wood and cloth. What makes this so unique is that you freely, and we cannot put enough emphasize on that, fly around that desert, dive into these canyons and jump off the glider to run around without it. From what we’ve seen there’s never before been that feeling of flying around in the sky, combined with this scale of environment. One thing that returns from both previous games is the ability to climb. While diving into canyons you’ll have to climb back to the surface, having a glider and not a motor-driven vehicle.

WOW that is indeed quite different than anything out there

Xenon

Flek said:
Sory i havent found any topic about this - if there is one please lock. Also i dont know if this is true because i dont realy have a link to prove it ... it just got posted in ouer board.

sounds sooo awesome imo makes me thing of this:

<3

HAHA I'm glad its not just me.

So we go from grey, to brown and then to gold. Can't wait, it should be out when I pick up my PS3

Jonnyram

If it's the same artstyle and main char looks similar... :O
I can kind of imagine where this is going.

Sounds nice.

Just one thing... please tell me it's not using sixaxis for gliding.

Steroyd

Jonnyram said:

Sounds nice.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Jonnyram said:

Sounds nice.

Why? It works well for Warhawk. As long as you are given the option I don't see a problem.

I'm listening to a new Radiohead album, waiting for the Orange Box to unlock, and I get new Team ICO info.

Today is a good day to be alive.

traveler

Not Wario
buckfutter said:
I'm listening to a new Radiohead album, waiting for the Orange Box to unlock, and I get new Team ICO info +Nintendo megatons.

Agreed. (Reckoner is the best :D )

Phthisis

On the one hand, there are some pretty glaring typos/grammatical errors in that block of text that I would hope the GI copy editors would fix. On the other hand, if it was copied from the mag to the internet, then I chalk it up to human error.

On the third hand...
well... that one is fapping rapidly

Jonnyram

buckfutter said:
I'm listening to a new Radiohead album, waiting for the Orange Box to unlock, and I get new Team ICO info.

And Puzzle Quest XBLA in 1 hour!

duckroll

Sounds awesome! Can't wait for pics of the art and design. If Team Ico can do for canyons and gliding what they did for escaping an ancient castle and killing ancient guardians across a dead wasteland...... wow. :D

Dali

I have confidence that with the games pedigree it will be gorgeous, but I have a hard time getting excited about open-desert exploration. Maybe there will be caves to explore inside the canyons that will add some variation to the scenery.

Top Bottom