• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory posts new footage from mystery project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guymelef

Posted?
XBone exclusive?
Or Maybe for Kung Fu Chaos as Just Add Monsters.
//Mod Edit: The publisher list lines up exactly with the order their games were published in, so the Microsoft listing is very likely to be from their 2003 Xbox game. //End Mod Edit
http://www.ninjatheory.com/wp/
pwph.jpg

ewlf.jpg

jyyk.jpg

fb38.jpg

ntl1s2n.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Publishers:

Capcom: DmC
Namco Bandai: Enslaved
SCEE: Heavenly Sword
Microsoft: ??? / Kung Fu Chaos (As Just Add Monsters)

It seems to be reverse chronological.

Those images aren't from DmC right? I'll probably split this in a moment if it isn't.

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
Heavenly Sword was a very mediocre game that was praised because it was a PS3 exclusive during a very dry period. DmC and Enslaved were either terrible or forgettable.

I don't like them at all. Let them develop for the Bone.

Possum

How can they still be making games? Granted, I have no problem with that; they make some pretty great stuff.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How can they still be making games? Granted, I have no problem with that; they make some pretty great stuff.

For independent developers, whether they sell five copies or fifteen million copies is usually irrelevant to their financial success and their ability to stay open, since publishers take up basically all the money.

All they need is people to sign them for work.

i-Lo

The character models in the game it seems will not mimic the proportions of real world. Some sort of Dishonored cross bred with pixar movie for the style.

Given they seem to be on Unreal Engine 4, even cross-gen seems rather unlikely.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

pa22word

As long as they stay the fuck away from the Devil May Cry series I wish them all the success in the world on their new project.

OatmealMu

I'm not liking the character faces. Going in a more stylized direction is great, but considering the character models in their past games, this looks poor. The girl looks like someone you'd find on a videocard sticker.

Glad it's not DmC; glad they hopefully learned a thing or two about gameplay from making DmC; glad they're not out of work.

I'm not liking the character faces. Going in a more stylized direction is great, but considering the character models in their past games, this looks poor. The girl looks like someone you'd find on a videocard sticker.

Maybe they're making tech demos for NVIDIA now

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me of "The City of Lost Children" somehow. God I hated that game on PS1, I was stuck for weeks even with a guide.

Evilisk

I need more information to be excited/disappointed but I will say, something feels a little... off with the face.

Nazeem38

Banned
As long as they have the same writers from Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, I'll be interested.

Those screenshots look pretty good though.

That model looks terrible.
Yeah I wouldn't have shown that after what they have done in the past. Looks like Poser models.
That's the whole point of creating prototypes. You need assets that can be created and modified quickly. Nothing from these early stages will end up in the final game.
Oh is that what it is? That's fine then and makes sense. Produce quick and dirty assets as a base and when it comes time to build real assets, you already have somewhere to start from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom