• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
24yczvd.jpg

fje3ap.png

This is a thread for spoilers in Smash Bros. Brawl/大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX.

Alright, so sp0rsk gave me the greenlight to go ahead and make this thread. The main purpose of this thread is really more to support to the official Dojo thread than anything else...

How is this supporting that thread?

Well I'm hoping that if we put all the 'spoilers' discussion in this area it will keep the Official Dojo Update thread on-topic.

Everything else that you know, or that you wish to know about the game that has not been revealed on the official Smash Bros website (Smash Bros. Dojo / Smabra-Ken) and has been confirmed with hard evidence will be shown, discussed, and enjoyed here.

2ebc1tx.gif

aypz0p.png

wt7kgl.png

wtduad.png

nmnara.png

34f1v2w.png

<none>

Please, don't hesitate to PM me if you think this list needs to be updated. I apologize if I'm not as attentive as I should be with this list.

What's the latest news?

Ness, Lucario, AND Jigglypuff have all been confirmed as playable characters via video shown on the japanese Wii official site.

30uu2rc.jpg

14dok04.jpg

PkunkFury

wait, so we can't discuss rumors in this thread? Do we need to make a rumor thread too? Because the new found spoilers clearly validate a number of the rumors

Zeed

Banned
I just want to say how shocked I am that it was GameFAQs of all places that figured this out.

I'm displeased that Lucario is apparently replacing Mewtwo, who is in my opinion a far better character.

But I'm happy for Jiggy that his trademark is in. Good for him.

TreIII

Alright. Cool.

Now...back to the Happy Happy, Joy Joy Time!

*dances and celebrates for Ness and Lucario's positive confirmation!*

PkunkFury said:
wait, so we can't discuss rumors in this thread? Do we need to make a rumor thread too? Because the new found spoilers clearly validate a number of the rumors
Yeah. The Dragoon Guy said exactly this.

Ydahs

Grecco said:
So who is this Lucario thing again?

art-lucario.jpg

:D

Wonder how Lucario plays. I also wonder if they're going to change Ness's moveset since keeping his Melee one would mean that he's far too similar to Lucas.

Ydahs

MisterHero said:
No Mewtwo aaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggghhhhh =(

Yeah, I think all those shown in that image will be the only Pokemon characters in Brawl. Out with Mewtwo, in with Lucario. Only time will tell if it was a worthy addition.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Grecco said:
So who is this Lucario thing again?

A humanoid fighting/steel Pokemon. He has decent looking moves (Aura Sphere) that would seem to fit well in the Smash Brothers universe. I think he speaks as well? Should be quite nifty, especially if he's a speedy character (Extreme Speed, Bullet) as I hope.

He'll be a good fit regardless.

So, going by the rumor of 35 characters, we now know:

Returning
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff

Newcomers
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario

That makes 26.

Zeed

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Yeah. The Dragoon Guy said exactly this.
That PoR guy called the Lucario-replacing-Mewtwo thing, didn't he? And he was also corroborating MarkMan on the Character/Stage Count, which lends him credibility.

Dark Ninja said:
Mewtwo better not be out!
Too bad, he is.

I was initially very sad about Mewtwo not being in this game. However there are two positive sides to this:

1. All characters weren't unlocked on the save-file of the game in the video. It's possible Mewtwo is still there.

or

2. Mewtwo is no longer a playable character. Sad to see my favorite Pokemon go. But this means that he will be exhalted to something truly powerful in the form of a Pokeball, or SSE boss. Mewtwo is supposed to be the most powerful of all Pokemon, it was kind've pathetic to see him getting his shit ruined constantly as a sub-par playable character.

Ydahs said:
Who's that next to Ness?

Lucas. It's from his picture on the Dojo.

fernoca

Hmm..
But one of the rumors said that not every character that was playable in Subscpace, is also playable in the rest of the modes...

Which means that Lucario/Ness/Jigglypuff, may be only guests in Subspace..(according to that rumor)...[though all 3 of those have been rumored to be in the game for some time]

1. Why are people acting as if four characters is too many for the second most popular video game franchise ever made

2. And yes, it's true, Mewtwo's not necessarily out if this video does not consist of all of the characters.

Fenix

Question for those in the know:

Does the writing to the left of the icons signify "exclusively for" or something of the like, and is it the same as what we could see from the screencap when the Animal Crossing sticker was selected?

bounchfx

I'm sorry but lucario is a hell of a lot cooler than mewtwo. at first I thought it was one of the other legendaries but I was thinking of lugia. lucario seems like he would be a great fit.

of course the best answer would be that mewtwo stays in as well, and will hopefully be more fun to play

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hello spoiler thread!!

So it looks like the very recent "leaks" are slowly becoming very true indeed :O

EvilMario said:
A humanoid fighting/steel Pokemon. He has decent looking moves (Aura Sphere) that would seem to fit well in the Smash Brothers universe. I think he speaks as well? Should be quite nifty, especially if he's a speedy character (Extreme Speed, Bullet) as I hope.

He'll be a good fit regardless.

Hmmm I thought I remembered reading that he had psychic properties too? My real question is... what are the chances he'd inherit Mewtwo's moveset? Would that make sense or is it unlikely?

Firestorm

Greatness Gone said:
So this basically confirms no Mewtwo? Lucario and Sakurai can so go fuck themselves.

Weeell, it could mean that he hasn't been unlocked in the game yet. But I think he's gone.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Greatness Gone said:
So this basically confirms no Mewtwo? Lucario and Sakurai can so go fuck themselves.
Hey, I liked Mewtwo too, but let's not inspire any Lucario/Sakurai fanart here.

OliveJuice said:
No more third parties, if you believe them.

I SAID SIMON BELMONT AND MEGA MAN, DAMMIT

Azuran

Banned
rhfb said:
Great, another pokemon......................................

The saddest new is that Mewtwo is probably gone now.

WelI, I guess Lucario will be my punching bag this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom