• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

MrNelson

Banned
SyxYnZB.jpg
Just woke up and saw that mine got cancelled. All my info was correct and I didn't get any notification from my CC company about any suspicious activity.

I'm so pissed off. I got the Walmart email but had a girl over so I didn't check my phone until now.......fuck......me......

0389dd25af5e2b5dd37d9f76ce1a8680--andy-samberg-awesome-things.jpg

I got one about ten minutes before the sale ended. Keep checking my email expecting a cancellation but nothing so far. Considering I never got to see an NES Classic it's a bit hard to believe.

After managing to get a few of those Galaxy S8+s and all of those Amazon game glitches, I feel like online shopping karma was due to me.
Good luck to everyone that hasn't been cancelled

JackEtc

I'm sure everyone is already following the GOAT Wario64, but I'd also recommend following and turning alerts on for @FatKidAlerts...I had my walmart order confirmation in my inbox before W64's tweet or the Neogaf thread

Just woke up and saw that mine got cancelled. All my info was correct and I didn't get any notification from my CC company about any suspicious activity.

Just woke up to the same fucking email. Absolute bullshit. I got my order in within 5 minutes of it Wario tweeting, and I even ordered something from their website earlier in the day and that hasn't been cancelled or any such shit. No notifications from my bank, the authorization charge is even still listed in my recent transactions.

Man alive I am fucking PISSED.

Ouroboros

I went through PayPal with a very positive balance... So far no cancelation. Pray for me GAF. Pray for me.

Like many, I never even SEEN a NES classic in stores or available online. This does feel like a dream-or- a nightmare if it gets cancelled.

Glassboy

people on twitter are posting conversations with walmart reps saying that it was not supposed to go up so all orders will be cancelled. may explain some of the cancellations so far this morning

tesqui

Well, now I'm just waiting until it's my turn to be cancelled..

I used my paypal balance, so if anything they can't say it's a CC issue.

This is all Nintendo. If they didn't under ship the nea classic people wouldn't be losing their minds.

I don't know if it's wise to expect pre orders for the system going forward. Did anyone do pre orders on the nes classic besides target?

people on twitter are posting conversations with walmart reps saying that it was not supposed to go up so all orders will be cancelled. may explain some of the cancellations so far this morning

Why isnt any US retailer taking pre orders? Its going to be a mad house again just like last year for the NES Classic. I hope this time retailers are going to do a 1 per costumer policy.

Honestly I had this thought last night. Since none of the other retailers followed suit and it was kind of a weird late time when it went up I did briefly wonder if it got listed by mistake.

If not though fuck them!! There's nothing wrong with any of my CC information. The fact that I ordered something else from them earlier the same day and it's fine yet this got cancelled because they "couldn't verify my payment" bullshit when the preauthorization is still sitting on my bank statement is infuriating.

Gator86

This is all Nintendo. If they didn't under ship the nea classic people wouldn't be losing their minds.

I don't know if it's wise to expect pre orders for the system going forward. Did anyone do pre orders on the nes classic besides target?

This. Imagine a world where you can just buy Nintendo products when you want them. Nintendo is forever great at making amazing games and wretched shit at everything else.

Still hoping to see an Amazon pre-order but I'm loathe to give Nintendo money.

Tevious

Did you preorder and then go to bed without checking your email?

I had the same email, but received it almost immediately after placing an order. They didn't like my credit card. I tried twice with that card and then finally got my order to go through with a different card on my third attempt and I still have my preorder as of yet.

EDIT: I just checked my order status on Walmart's site and my order is cancelled too. No email. Maybe everyone is getting theirs cancelled now and all the emails haven't rolled out yet. Check walmart.com for your order status, guys!

CD'S BAR

maybe they're just saying that to shut people up.

MrNelson

Banned

I had the same email, but received it almost immediately after placing an order. They didn't like my credit card. I tried twice with that card and then finally got my order to go through with a different card on my third attempt and I still have my preorder as of yet. I think Walmart is just having issues with some credit cards. However, that doesn't explain this if he used the same payment method:
No, I did it just after Wario tweeted about it, then checked my email and saw my order confirmation after I had placed the order. The cancellation didn't come until at least 8 hours later.

NeOak

Gamestop Norway has done, and is still doing, pre-orders.

https://www.gamestop.no/Other Products/Games/80053/nintendo-mini-super-nintendo-entertainment-system

Disclaimer on the site: Please note: Due to High Demand, we cannot guarantee that stock will be available on the day of release

Hey OP Smyth's ToyShop (UK) Have done preorders too. Just FYI if you wanna add to first post.

In Italy they just started taking preorders at consumer electronic chains like Expert and mediaworld, for those who don't want to give money to gamestop.

got one from media markt. they said its not guaranteed though

Not sure if this belongs here or not. For those who care, Fnac Portugal has had preorders open for a while. You have to pay immediately, they're going for 90 euro, and I'm pretty sure they don't ship outside the country.

Link

Amazon ES also did preorders. Mine is from there.

I also have another one from Mediamarkt.es, just in case.

PAL

Thanks. Added all of this.

Source?

I had the same email, but received it almost immediately after placing an order. They didn't like my credit card. I tried twice with that card and then finally got my order to go through with a different card on my third attempt and I still have my preorder as of yet. I think Walmart is just having issues with some credit cards. However, that doesn't explain this if he used the same payment method:

Yep I used the same card for both orders.

They had the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller for $67 and I ordered one of those. Now I'm starting to worry there's something up and that will get cancelled too...

O:<

Just received my cancellation as well. Same billing error message as described by others despite the fact that my card posted a complete charge and complete refund on this item.

Skronk

Banned
Shopto has done preorders in the UK too to add to the OP

They have a "notify me" button for if it goes back in stock.

JJH

Mine still says in process. I hope Walmart pulls through because I had to kick my wife all off me last night after I saw this go up. These are the sacrifices I have to make to combat scalpers.

MyEpitomeCliché;244183005 said:
To those being cancelled, what time did you order? They most likely oversold. Got mine a minute after Wario tweeted it out and it's still processing.

2 minutes after Wario's tweet

MrNelson

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché;244183005 said:
To those being cancelled, what time did you order? They most likely oversold. Got mine a minute after Wario tweeted it out and it's still processing.
Same, and I still ended up with a cancellation.

My brother placed his after me and his hasn't been cancelled yet

jacobeid

Banned
I pre-ordered when the GAF thread was still on the first page and my order is still processing.

I'm so fucking excited. I did not expect to get a preorder.

Top Bottom