• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analyst: Nintendo downgrades Wii U production because FIRE [Nintendo says NO]

Nibel

Mod Edit: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/372453/nintendo-denies-wii-u-production-lag-after-factory-fire/

Nintendo has issued a statement to CVG explaining: "As of now, we see no impacts on our Wii U console production scheme".

----------

iT7eL7ZbuxtWh.jpg

Nintendo - we downgraded WiiU units by 1m to 7.3m as production is impacted by fire at assembler, company to revise down outlook Oct 24

Source

Thanks to VOOK

v1oz

I suspect sabotage from their competitors.

I hope they have insurance against loss of earnings from stuff like this.

z0m3le

Banned
Wasn't it for the fiscal year 2012(ends at march 31,2013)?

Sorry, when I read that, I thought I read 4th quarter. Which is basically the Wii U's launch window. (I know it's late 3rd quarter)

7.3m works out to about 1.5million a month world wide.

What do you know that we dont? lol

Nice picture Nibel Lol

What I know is what everyone does so far. A non multitouch expensive tablet for a console with 2007 tech whose lineup consists mostly of ports.

I don't exactly see it as a viable contender or a viable system. I think it should sell on the Nintendo name alone but I don't see Wii levels, maybe a little bit above N64-GCN levels of sales.

What I know is what everyone does so far. A non multitouch expensive tablet for a console with 2007 tech whose lineup consists mostly of ports.

I don't exactly see it as a viable contender or a viable system. I think it should sell on the Nintendo name alone but I don't see Wii levels, maybe a little bit above N64-GCN levels of sales.
Oh ok yea I heard stuff like this 6 years ago.

Ein Bear

You're right. Nintendo's villainous lack of multitouch caused a fire to break out, and is entirely relevant to the topic of discussion.

z0m3le

Banned

Just a quick note... none of the tech is from 2007... R700 GPUs were produced in 2009 and Wii U doesn't use any GPUs produced from either year.

As for it's sales being a little above N64, I would say likely double N64's numbers, if only we were getting the full 8.3 Million units, maybe I could have actually gotten a Wii U at launch (as of right now I haven't been able to)

Lightning doesn't strike all the time buddy. Motion controls were an easy to understand concept that had no real competitors at the time. With the iPad and other tablets plus dollar apps I don't see how the Wii's success transfers to Wii U.

Will any next gen console hit Wii numbers?

There are a ton of people ready for a new Console. New Hardware is so far past due.

The Wii U also has mass market appeal IMO with the Tablet controller allowing Parents to play/watch TV while their children use the tablet to play/watch a movie. Add the social aspects like Miiverse, TVii, and the Nintendo name and it will be fine.

Top Bottom