• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity V (2013, EA/Maxis) - screens/artwork [Up: Details, Should Be More March 6th]

Jasoco

Banned
This post is confusing because it pretends like a MacBook Air should be expected to play games.

It can barely handle the latest iteration of the Source engine at high details
Shove off if you're serious because I play PLENTY of games on my fucking MacBook Air. Goddamn. Get your head out of your ass.

Seriously. Uncalled for.

To clarify, I've played "latest iteration Source" games on my Air on high details and have absolutely no problems. On the OS X side even.

Wow, just hearing about this... Simcity is one of my all time favorite franchises.

The trailer scares me a bit though. I really hope the basics are in-tact - I want to various levels of residential, commercial, and industrial zoning; complete control over taxes, city ordinances, and government funding; I want a full transportation and traffic simulation with at least as much detail as SC4: Rush Hour had with various road types and public transport options. I think multiplayer could be interesting but it speaks to me like something a much shorter simpler game of simcity would have - spending hours upon hours laying out my city in real time synchronously with another player doesn't seem likely (especially when you start factoring in pausing and speeding up time).

Graphics look great though and I'm glad they're apparently keeping some of the zaniness that's always been in the games.

I am so mad at the specs. They are way lower than I expected, but for integrated graphics it needs a minimum of Ivy Bridge and I have a Lenovo X220 with Sandy Bridge that I just bought this past summer. :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I holded out for Societies, because I knew a real SimCity would come along. Here's hoping it's worthy of having that name!

Don't worry... it's still coming to a console..

STEAM BOX

If you mean the Origin part of Steambox, then yes.
Dammit, EA.

LogicStep

So is the Digital Delux version worth it? I rather buy a physical copy of the game but they are offering $20 off your next purchase on Origin so I'm not sure on what to do here.

Top Bottom