• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

Oh my there are at least 20 RL friends who will be happy when i tell them about this.

I don't really played the original and since my friends will definitely play this, I'll give this game a try.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally launch the game.
Wait for all the loadings to finish.
"Can't connect to server"

EDarkness

Hmmm...this game looks interesting, but when I go to the links there's nothing there. I take it they're having trouble keeping the servers up?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Facebook update:
The game server has been shut down to ALL PLAYERS now for a technical maintenance until further notice. We will make another announcement when it is back up again. Thank you all for your kind understanding and support.

rouken

one more update

We have heard your feedback and yes, we WILL amend our contest rules and regulations to make up for the lack of game time today due to the technical difficulties faced by many of you. We will also look into making it up to our players as we are aware that many of you have devoted your time and efforts to join us today.

Right now, our #1 PRIORITY is getting the game servers up and running for you to enjoy. Our team is working around the clock to ensure that this is happening. We will return with more updates when we have them, and official amendments to our contests and promos will be made once we have stabilised the game servers. Thank you all once again for your support and patience.

Maedhros

Just woke up too. That's pretty shitty, I thought you guys would already be playing.

BTW: MaedhrosBR - Maedhros - Archer -> Beastmaster

DJIzana

I stayed up an hour later than I should've wanting to play the beta.

Oh well... hopefully will be up when I'm home from work. :(

Teletraan1

Banned
I tried to stay up to play this last night and im glad I didnt lol.

Does anyone have any experience with this game from the closed beta? How are healers for leveling? I usually play a healer class in most MMOs but they are usually a chore to level. You never die but neither do the mobs in a speedy fashion. Any suggestions on classes?

Sora_N

I'm glad I went to sleep, but I forgot to open the torrent. I guess I'll nap when I get home after I turn on utorrent. I still want to play this, but have work so that sucks.

Kitoro

Just out of curiosity, and I haven't read the last 8 pages of this thread, but is the open beta officially open to US players in full English? Or are you guys playing an Asian build of sorts?

DJIzana

Just out of curiosity, and I haven't read the last 8 pages of this thread, but is the open beta officially open to US players in full English? Or are you guys playing an Asian build of sorts?

It's Engrish. (Lots of skill names are poorly translated.)

It is open to North American users though but servers are located in Singapore, so you might have to deal with lag issues.

UPDATE.
Dear Asgardians,

We are currently still working on the login and server issues and are striving to reopen RO2 for play by 1200 hrs (+8GMT) of 28th Dec.
As mentioned earlier, official amendments will be made to our contests and promos once we have fully stabilised the game servers, and have the game reopened to the public.
Thank you for your time and effort to join us for OBT.
See you in game soon!

Teknoman

Its strange how no company ever seems to be prepared for server load these days. Isnt it better to be over-prepared than under and adjust as it goes?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Its strange how no company ever seems to be prepared for server load these days. Isnt it better to be over-prepared than under and adjust as it goes?
No, because release (beta start) is when the number of people wanting to enter is the highest and is falling afterward. Buying additional servers for a few days? Waste of money.
Probably something like this.

Midou

No, because release (beta start) is when the number of people wanting to enter is the highest and is falling afterward. Buying additional servers for a few days? Waste of money.
Probably something like this.

Yes, this. Obviously the first few hours will have the most amount of players at one time a game will ever see. Though Guild Wars 2 did a decent job for first few hours at its launch, it did go down eventually.

Ashodin

Yes, this. Obviously the first few hours will have the most amount of players at one time a game will ever see. Though Guild Wars 2 did a decent job for first few hours at its launch, it did go down eventually.

And only for a couple hours. The only part of Guild Wars 2 that didn't work at launch was the gem store, and that's because it was entirely web-based and probably didn't have multiple of multiples of server farms backing it up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
And only for a couple hours. The only part of Guild Wars 2 that didn't work at launch was the gem store, and that's because it was entirely web-based and probably didn't have multiple of multiples of server farms backing it up.
Don't forget about the Trading Post.
Anyway:
Dear Asgardians, the server is up now for stress test, please kindly try to login game, and help us to do this test.

Thank you.
I'm in.

Top Bottom