• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight." [Mario Kart 8]

Saganator

Not a big Nintendo fan, not going to stay up, but interested. Kind of a dick move, if this isn't good then I imagine a lot of people will be upset with IGN.

udivision

Nah, There's still Smash Bros, Bayo, and the inevitable Legend of Zelda.

Well, i was exaggerating but Mario Kart is the only game guaranteed to not be disappointing. Sakurai can't be trusted, and I don't know how good X will be. Zelda games are always controversial and never seem to be "good enough."

Mario Kart laughs at all the other franchises as it drives into the sunset....

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
ZmMTOER.gif

ugoo18

Unrealistic expectations: The return of F-Zero because.....

What will actually happen:
The return of F-Zero because...

A person can dream

hwy_61

Banned
So, what could it be? We already have a release date. Perhaps some character/track info? Or maybe some connectivity between MK7 and MK8?

I'll be pleased if they announce Dry Bones as a playable character.

Then I'll fall asleep knowing they could've announced something bigger.

Wow. The first time in days that I don't plan to be up late. Fantastic.

Guess I'll have a fantastic time glancing at my phone during morning lecture.

and I know it's just Mario Kart.

Bullza2o

Yeah I'm only going to be excited if a Nintendo Direct was announced.

Or if IGN somehow knows the next Smash update is a megaton; like a new character.

Some Nobody

Do big AAA tiles get announced on IGN?
I thought only GameInformer got that honor....

or maybe its...."Breaking Stock Tip: Iwata to be fired before the bell tolls thrice!"

When it's Nintendo, are there really big AAA titles?

And, knew it was Mario Kart. What's to announce? We've got a release date and there's quite a bit of footage. Just chill and wait for it to come out.

Toad.T

Banned
I do like how broad the term "Nintendo Fan" is. As if the same audience that is pining for Metroid Prelude/Starfox Cosmos/F-Zero XX is the same audience that has an blissful aneurysm over new Mario Kart items.

There is a liiiiiittttlllleeee bit of a divide, don't cha know.

Top Bottom