• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE BOOK OF ELI / GAF PHOTO SWEEPSTAKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, since the posters and billboards for THE BOOK OF ELI seem to be going up in the wild now and we have exactly 30 days before the movie hits theaters in the US and around the world, I thought it might be fun to have a little prize contest. Announcing...

THE BOOK OF ELI / GAF "BELIEVE" PHOTO SWEEPSTAKES

HOW TO ENTER
If you spot an Eli poster or billboard in your town - or anywhere, really - and post a photo of yourself with it (it can be anywhere, in a theater lobby, on a billboard across the street, just so long as both it and you are in the frame) I'll enter you into a draw to win one of various FABULOUS PRIZES (see below)

So you have 30 days from now to enter. On January 15, the day the movie opens, I'll conduct a random drawing from all entrants who posted a photo (will assign all entries a number then have WoW /random to select winners) and dole out the following prizes:

FIVE WINNERS WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF THE BOOK OF ELI ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
You can choose between the CD version or if you want the exclusive remix by TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek I'll gift you the iTunes version.

ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF THE SOUNDTRACK AND A FULL-SIZE THEATRICAL LOBBY POSTER
It's this one:

4139638445_382f0b397d.jpg

But a massive 27x40 inches. This is a sweet item, I don't know if you'll even be able to buy these in stores, I got these directly from Warner Bros and I'm giving away one and keeping the rest myself :D

NB: If any winners specify that they want the poster or CDs signed, I'll do that too.

GRAND PRIZE NOTE: I hereby reserve the right to award the grand prize not by random drawing but based on who posts the most awesome photo. If none of the photos are particularly outstanding I'll do it randomly, but making your photo somewhat awesome will definitely give you an edge.

Also, if we get more than 20 entries I will try to find some extra piece of cool exclusive swag to throw in for the grand prize winner. :D

Anyway, I hope enough of you enter to make this worth it, should be fun!

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY BISH APPROVED

Oreoleo

Man you must be so fucking pumped for this to come out.

If I spy a poster around town I'll totally take part in this.

It'd be great to get lots of entries but I honestly don't know if I will, so there's probably a good chance that entering will get you a good shot at a prize :lol

mrkgoo

You know, I'm actually really hyped for this (movie).

I don't think anyone wants to see my ugly mug, however.

edit: I just blew my own mind when I considered if Denzel himself took a picture with the sign and billboard and posted here outing him as a closet NeoGaffer.

kamikaze said:
you should sign the poster...makes the grand prize even cooler. :D
I didn't think of that, I always feel like I'm defacing something when I sign it. But yeah you're right. I'll let the winners specify if they want their prizes signed. OP amended accordingly :D

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Grand prize should go to the most creative/funny/original photo as judged by Gary. Random drawing for other prizes.

Will watch for poster. Denzel looks like he'll kill anyone who doesn't enter...

mrkgoo said:
You know, I'm actually really hyped for this (movie).

I don't think anyone wants to see my ugly mug, however.

edit: I just blew my own mind when I considered if Denzel himself took a picture with the sign and billboard and posted here outing him as a closet NeoGaffer.

You're in the movie?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
ugh, I lost my usb cable a couple years ago so I haven't been able to take photos, and I don't know how to hook up my phone to my computer.

DrForester said:
Grand prize should go to the most creative/funny/original photo as judged by Gary. Random drawing for other prizes.

Will watch for poster. Denzel looks like he'll kill anyone who doesn't enter...
This is a good idea.

I hereby reserve the right to award the grand prize not by random drawing but based on who posts the most awesome photo.

OP amended again :)

Timedog said:
ugh, I lost my usb cable a couple years ago so I haven't been able to take photos, and I don't know how to hook up my phone to my computer.
Can't you just email or MMS the pic to your computer from your phone?

mrkgoo

Gary Whitta said:
This is a good idea.

I hereby reserve the right to award the grand prize not by random drawing but based on who posts the most awesome photo.

OP amended again :)

Oh I thought it was this anyway. Man, you need to work on your competition-designing skills. :p

I'm assuming he's talking about the picture contest...
Yes. I'm not in the movie.

Self Facepalm.

No entirely my fault. I wasn't clear. Please accept my apologies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Do you know what day the movie is being released in Korea? If it's being released over here at all that is. :/

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Congratulations again Gary. You really wrote a film I'll probably never forget.

I'm not sure when it comes out in Indonesia, but I see a poster somewhere within 30 days I'll give it a shot

Gary Whitta said:
Fuck yes.

4135061566_369d79a2dd.jpg

Congratulations Gary! surely it has been said many times, but it must be surreal yet simultaneously awesome seeing your name in a big poster like that, in that type of font too!

Einbroch

Banned
GrandTheftAero said:
Congratulations Gary! surely it has been said many times, but it must be surreal yet simultaneously awesome seeing your name in a big poster like that, in that type of font too!
It's all about the font, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom