• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Carl

Update is out.

Direct download link http://t.co/SRSS9h14j0 (thaks henhowc and wario)

https://twitter.com/Envisager_/status/430340132663595008

#PS4 firmware update tomorrow (v1.60) bringing Pulse Headset support, general stability improvements and ability to mute camera.

Blog post http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...set-revealed-ps4-system-update-1-60-detailed/

The next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.60) will be released tomorrow (4th February 2014), bringing compatibility support to PS4 for the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset (including the GTA V limited edition version) and the original Wireless Stereo Headset.
This means that you will now be able to use these wireless headsets on your PS4 and can experience 7.1 virtual surround sound and voice chat while playing your PS4 games.

New headset coming too

Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 for PS4

We’re also pleased to tell you about a new headset that is coming soon for PS4. The Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 will be available from 10th February 2014 (market dependant) at £79.99/€89.99 SRP.

This new wireless headset for PS4 features stunning 7.1 virtual surround sound, as well as a crystal clear, noise-cancelling internal microphone for chatting to friends on Party, when playing online multiplayer.

The headset can be used at home using the USB wireless adaptor with your PS4, PS3, PC or Mac for up to 8 hours thanks to its rechargeable battery. You can also use the headset on the go with your PS Vita or with other mobile devices using the included 3.5mm stereo mini jack. With its foldable design the headset is ideal for travel and storage, so when you’re not using it, simply fold your headset up.

Richard Ho replied to some questions on the US Blog http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99464570&postcount=347

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
How about the real travesty of the 17-19 character real name length display bug that is destroying America?

Kru

Will they add paywall support? I would like netflix to be behind the wall where it is safe instead of outside it please.

The next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.60) will be released tomorrow (4th February 2014), bringing compatibility support to PS4 for the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset (including the GTA V limited edition version) and the original Wireless Stereo Headset.

This means that you will now be able to use these wireless headsets on your PS4 and can experience 7.1 virtual surround sound and voice chat while playing your PS4 games.

12284645413_28f7bebbae.jpg

More -> http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...set-revealed-ps4-system-update-1-60-detailed/

NeoGAF New Thread says my thread was first, yeah.

So, do i buy a Pulse headset now?

Why didn't you have one before, The Last of Us was amazing with it. If you have a HMV local check there first as they have been known to be spotted in the yellow sticker sale.

Also you might want to consider the rumoured 'Gold' headset coming out, that judging by looks may well be comfier.

Carl

You could always buy some decent headphones instead.

Are they bad?

Why didn't you have one before, The Last of Us was amazing with it. If you have a HMV local check there first as they have been known to be spotted in the yellow sticker sale.

Also you might want to consider the rumoured 'Gold' headset coming out, that judging by looks may well be comfier.

Don't have a HMV anymore, it closed :(. I'll keep an eye out.

hmm...maybe I'll jump on one of those pulse headsets sometimes soon then.

Only the newer elite one works I'm presuming.

Still no resuming games from standby? :(

It was the big feature they promised at the reveal. DS/3DS/Vita does it, PCs do it, surely it can't be that difficult to implement?

EDIT: Definitely buying that headset though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yay! PS3 Headset support! :D

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I hope the default setting for Internet connected Blu-rays will stick and it'll stop asking for permission every time you try to watching a movie.

I thought that this was disproven and that it is a minimal gain from shutting off?

I think it's more like it hasn't been proven whether it is a significant power draw or not during normal usage of the controller. Someone tested it but the controller was stationary (i.e. not sending data by button inputs etc) so it was inconclusive.

Cornbread78

Sweet, perfect timing for when I get a PS4 this weekend.

Now for the real question, will I have any issues switching the dongle for my wireless headset between my PS3 and PS4?

driver116

Suppose that's one thing to cross off. But where is media playback, custom soundtracks.

Edit, anyone else get that annoying lag between the boot logo, the epilepsy warning and dash loading?

andycapps

I'm assuming there will be some stealth fixes in here too. Don't have a Pulse headset but I know some that do and this will be a welcome update for them.

AwRy108

So many things missing from this update... I really hope SONY is listening to their fans as they claim to be--there's a huge list of minor and major things about the PS4's OS and UI that still need addressed.

so still no suspend and resume feature :|

Like this.

Top Bottom