• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hot Shots Golf 5 Info and Screens

Mmmkay

Some of the info is covered in the Weekly Famitsu thread, but not all the info has been translated and they've now put it all up on Famitsu's website, so we may as well have a thread on it anyway.

(very loosely interpreted info, I may miss something so a proper translation would be nice :))

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/04/25/103,1177508943,70936,0,0.html
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/04/25/103,1177508866,70935,0,0.html
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/04/25/103,1177506720,70933,0,0.html
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/04/25/103,1177506491,70932,0,0.html
- July 26th
- Up to 8 players per hole
- Because your avatar will be on the hole, you can distract opponents taking their shots (Sounds like a griefing recipe for disaster :/ )
- Lobby size 50 people
- Online stuff largely based on Mingol Online
- Shigeki Maruyama playable as a golfer and as a caddy
- 6 Courses

h-103_70933_ria1.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_ria2.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_ria3.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_shi4.jpg.jpg

(If you thought virtual characters looked freakish in HSG5, just see the one they modelled on a pro golfer)
h-103_70933_maru1.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_maru2.jpg.jpg

They only announced 3 of the 6 courses so far:
Iris Field Country Club (from the demo)
h-103_70933_aya4.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_aya1.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_aya2.jpg.jpg

Chiyu(?) and others Sea Golf Resort
h-103_70933_chu4.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_chu2.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_chu5.jpg.jpg

Great Safari Country Club
h-103_70933_afu6.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_afu2.jpg.jpg

h-103_70933_afu3.jpg.jpg

1UP also have an article about the Famitsu magazine details:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158978

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has revealed some details on the online features of Hot Shots Golf 5 for the PS3.

The online lobby will hold up to 50 players, and each player can customize their avatars from a set of characters and items such as golf clothing and gears. The online service will be available free of charge from day one of its release in Japan.

According to producer Daisaku Ikejiri, the number of playable characters and courses will be closer to that of Hot Shots Golf 3. There will only be 14 playable characters in Hot Shots Golf 5, including Japanese professional golfer Shigeki Maruyama. It is not yet known if the same characters will feature in the North American version of the game, but considering the previous releases, we may expect to see some changes.

Hot Shot Golf 5 for the PlayStation 3 is scheduled for a July 26 release in Japan. A North American release date is yet to be announced.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Awesome info/pics. Any word on a US release date? I'd like to wait for that version for english menu's and NA online.

LJ11

Bad_Boy said:
Awesome info/pics. Any word on a US release date? I'd like to wait for that version for english menu's and NA online.

Same. I'm tempted to import though.

I don't think I have ever seen a golf game with everyone playing at the same time like that, it's going to be interesting.

reminder

This looks so hot!

I love the demo and can't wait for this game. Especially after i read about the online mode. Sounds really awesome. :D

jiggle

Doom_Bringer said:
I think they change the character design from looking Japanese to American. They have done in this in the past with this series.

Not with the PSP version

and it better stay that way :/

I3rand0

Doom_Bringer said:
I think they change the character design from looking Japanese to American. They have done in this in the past with this series.
I know and I hate it. HSG 1 is still the best in the series.

kikonawa

~Devil Trigger~ said:
not a fan of this ...Golf thing but

this one of the best looking PS3 games I've seen
in small pics yes, but if you played the demo, you will cut yourself looking to the jaggiz

Emowii

Banned
I'm SO excited about this game. Two things have me worried though.

First, if they go and F up the character designs for NA i'm gonna be pissed. Hot Shots on the PSP got it right. Leave it that way.

Second, I hope they keep the game design similar to Hot Shots PSP, in that the characters can be built up over time, like an RPG. I hated how in the earlier games you had to eventually move on to a "better" character because each one had a limit to how good they could get.

IMO Hot Shots on the PSP is the best in the series so far, and I hope this PS3 version surpasses that.

Kittonwy

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
not a fan of this ...Golf thing but

this one of the best looking PS3 games I've seen

The demo was AWESOME FUN. It's very easy to get into and it isn't a serious golf sim, very pick-up-and-play, it's going to be awesome onrine.
gladtomeetya.gif

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Wow. Game looks excellent. HSG PSP was the first HSG game that I played and I absolutely loved it. I'll be buying this one on day 1.

Jim

Foliage is still too jaggy/shimmery as ****, but looks great all around. I won't love it any less...

Kittonwy

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Some of the info is covered in the Weekly Famitsu thread, but not all the info has been translated and they've now put it all up on Famitsu's website, so we may as well have a thread on it anyway.

(very loosely interpreted info, I may miss something so a proper translation would be nice :))

- July 26th
- Up to 8 players per hole
- Because your avatar will be on the hole, you can distract opponents taking their shots (Sounds like a griefing recipe for disaster :/ )
- Lobby size 50 people
- Online stuff largely based on Mingol Online
- Shigeki Maruyama playable as a golfer and as a caddy
- 6 Courses

Nothing really worse than my "pedobear attackz rawr yo mom sez hi prepare to bee gaffed gb will pwnz j00" taunts in Resistance online.
Indifferent2.gif

Who is Shigeki Maruyama?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Emowii said:
Second, I hope they keep the game design similar to Hot Shots PSP, in that the characters can be built up over time, like an RPG. I hated how in the earlier games you had to eventually move on to a "better" character because each one had a limit to how good they could get.
Based on several of the menu screens shown in the watch impress article, it does look like it's setup basically the same as the PSP version.

painey

looks fantastic, online especially. I just hope they add some AA because there didnt seem to be any in the PSN demo.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
FWIW, one @ B3D says that chat is not allowed in-game (but it is in the lobbies..not sure if that's voice chat or not). That being the case, 'Distractions' might be predefined animations/actions you can prompt.

A preferable alternative might have been to allow voice chat with the option to disable it entirely if you did not want that distraction.

Jim

gofreak said:
FWIW, one @ B3D says that chat is not allowed in-game (but it is in the lobbies..not sure if that's voice chat or not). That being the case, 'Distractions' might be predefined animations/actions you can prompt.

A preferable alternative might have been to allow voice chat with the option to disable it entirely if you did not want that distraction.

When playing online in the Vs. mode in HSG Fore (one on one), you could yell out some pre-set taunts (even while teeing off), and it never got that distracting. But with 7 other players.. we'll see.

Top Bottom