• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Yh i mean its not like theyre going to show off the s2 scenes for characters when introducing characters who were prevelant in s1. Theyre 30sec clips split between 2 char but really just being pedantic at this point.

cntr

Banned
let's have some fanart instead

13298248_879692635489tvk1q.jpg

tumblr_on122soelt1qmwrijcp.png

cntr

Banned
Are you sure about that Kirishima looks awfully intimate with bakugo in the second pic
/s
it's probably-gay fanart

but it's not weirdly lewd like the stuff dtl typically posts

e: this is a weird direction for the conversation to go in, by the way

WarRock

Eeeh. This chapter still doesn't make sense.

All Might and Night Eye went their separate ways six years ago, when Night Eye foresaw All Might dying a gruesome death. Yuuei recommended Million as a successor, but All Might never met him, encountering Midoriya first. Except that happened like, one year ago. And All Might has not died yet. Also, Night Eye apparently couldn't see which villain would kill All Might (I mean, naturally everyone would assume All for One, right? And he knew about AfO, so he could've just said if that was the case), so either his foreseeing isn't 100% accurate (either because All Might is alive or because he couldn't see the details of the death), or, the farther into the future he looks, the less accurate he is (and therefore All Might may still die at the hands of a villain... which is no surprise to anyone).

It's also weird because it feels like All Might really wasn't bothering searching for a successor at all, even though he kinda needed to anyway from what we learned about One for All.

It also raises the question if all One for All users were quirkless, or just had strength related quirks, since, you know... Million having both OfA and his own quirk would be a fucking force of nature. And if that's the case, why nobody tried to mix and match OfA with other quirks to defeat AfO?

cntr

Banned
I'm 100% sure that Nighteye didn't actually see that far into the future. He saw (using Foresight) that All Might would refuse to listen to him, and guessed (as a person, not with Foresight) that All Might would die in a fight if he kept pushing himself like that. It's probably clearer in the original dialogue, we're essentially reading amateur fan-translations rushed out in a few hours, after all.

All Might said that he had given up looking himself at the time he met Deku, and was planning to take the Principal's recommendation otherwise. But since he met, decided, and promised to give One for All to Deku before that, that's what he did.

All Might said that Nana Shimura had a quirk, probably something kind of like Shigaraki's, so no, One for All users don't have to be quirkless. They probably don't consider mix-and-matching quirks as a primary factor, though since...well, that's literally what All for One does. Kind of bad vibes to apply the same logic to choosing One for All, especially if you assume that all successors aim for heroism as a high priority.

i like this blind au deku thing i found a while ago
The...cat thing is a bit excessive, but pretty inventive otherwise. Would be a decent idea in its own series.

WarRock

Dunno, if he was guessing, then the follow up lines about how the foresight is always right but he's going to try and change the future doesn't make sense IMO.

cntr

Banned
The line could refer to Nighteye's prediction of All Might's death, or it could refer to Nighteye using Foresight to realize that All Might wouldn't back down, and would just walk out of the hospital to continue being a hero. Only the latter makes sense, so it must be that.

Either Horikoshi messed up the dialogue or (more likely) the translation tripped over making clear what exactly the line referred to, because English and Japanese work differently. That's all it is.

e: also, the fan-translations have done exactly this kind of thing before, like remember when everybody assumed a guy called "Venom Chainsaw" caused All Might's injury?

The line could refer to Nighteye's prediction of All Might's death, or it could refer to Nighteye using Foresight to realize that All Might wouldn't back down, and would just walk out of the hospital to continue being a hero. Only the latter makes sense, so it must be that.

Either Horikoshi messed up the dialogue or (more likely) the translation tripped over making clear what exactly the line referred to, because English and Japanese work differently. That's all it is.

e: also, the fan-translations have done exactly this kind of thing before, like remember when everybody assumed a guy called "Venom Chainsaw" caused All Might's injury?

Hah, I thought I was imagining that! Yeah, for the longest time I was wondering when we'd meet Venom Chainsaw.

cntr

Banned
Way back in Chapter 1, after seeing All Might's injuries, Deku goes "5 years ago? Didn't you fight Super Venom Chainsaw back then?", the fan-translation had All Might say "I won't let a thug like that take me down!".

For some reason a lot of people interpreted that as "Venom Chainsaw caused All Might's injury" and other people went "Huh? A guy named Venom Chainsaw?" and it somehow became a debate, which, looking back, was really silly.

It got settled when Viz translated All Might's line as "A thug like that couldn't do this to me!", and All for One got introduced not soon after. The whole thing was really weird, yo.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Shigaraki breaks AfO out of prison to use Yakuza's ability to bring AfO to prime form. Toga appears on the Tartarus video feeds as Deku. Stain escapes during the mayhem.

Deku is now a fugitive that has to learn how to survive from the last person he thought possible.

2R86pOf.png

Shigaraki breaks AfO out of prison to use Yakuza's ability to bring AfO to prime form. Toga appears on the Tartarus video feeds as Deku. Stain escapes during the mayhem.

Deku is now a fugitive that has to learn how to survive from the last person he thought possible.

2R86pOf.png

I'd read it.

C7X12IoXUAA83lc.jpg:small

Could have had a bigger panel.

I wonder if we'll ever know what Bakugou Todoroki training actually is or if we'll just get these teases. There was more than enough time to show what they go through.

AllMight Midoriya drama could have been more than half a chapter as well.

Great chapter this week! loved the All Might/Night Eye little drama. Deku coming to ask him was not really avoidable. Him having his head out of it during school time was pretty funny! Also Bakugo is just the funniest angry guy ever! I love him.

-------------------
Also have more fan arts!

Trojita

The official translation mentions something that wasn't in the others.

Night Eye mentions that they are requesting help from other agencies.

Also apparently Mineta knows about Bubbles. He wasn't asking Midoriya if he was working with someone wearing a pervy costume but to confirm it.

Trojita

I'm trying to come up with the |OT|

Some of my plans fell through on how to design it. Still trying to come up with ideas.

I really need to sit down and learn photoshop (also get photoshop).

cntr

Banned
we're gonna have the cover and lead color page this week to promote the anime, but even more importantly, we're getting a special MHA Smash chapter!

it's even gonna be in Weekly Jump rather than Jump+.

Top Bottom