• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

I just looked on Ebay and am no considering selling my Psychic Assassin Taromaru.

>.>

Going to totally sell Mega Man Legends I and II as well... (sigh)

Hm. I have Tengen Tetris, which I got for $25 at a local flea market.. I have Radiant Silvergun, Dragon Warrior 3 and 4, MG Subsistence LE, Dracula X for PCE.. that's about all I can think of that would be considered "rare" I suppose.

LowerLevel

Radiant Silvergun, Dracula X, DragonForce, Sega Nomad, actually a few Saturn titles like Phantasy Star Collection and some Neo Genesis Evangeline or something... Whole bunch of Genesis and Master System carts like Phantasy Star and Zillion (first game I ever bought myself with saved allowance LOL).

Some of those don't really seem rare but according to some, they are like Shining the Holy Ark? I miss my old Sega CD collection...

Hey, me too!

Except I paid 200$ for it. =_=

I bought 10 of Panzer Dragon Saga back in the day at Toys-R-US for $10 each.

I made a killing keeping those. I bought those Shining Force 3, Shining The Holy Ark, Dragon orce and Burning Rangers.

:) Kept them a few years, and am still smiling since. I am also glad I opened one copy of each, they were great games.

I have working copies of Earthbound and Kirby Superstar.

I also own a copy of the first-print run Majora's Mask cartridges with the 3D label.

Hamblasto

Project Justice (Hollywood Video copy, not in original case)
Metal Gear Solid GBC (signed by Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa)
Mario Sunshine (signed by Charles Martinet)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (signed by Shu Takumi and Minae Matsukawa)

jGIMVl.jpg

Seik

Banned
I bought 10 of Panzer Dragon Saga back in the day at Toys-R-US for $10 each.

I made a killing keeping those. I bought those Shining Force 3, Shining The Holy Ark, Dragon orce and Burning Rangers.

:) Kept them a few years, and am still smiling since. I am also glad I opened one copy of each, they were great games.

Wow haha! That's what I call being at the right place at the right moment! Each copy I have of those games cost me over 60$ each. Indeed, great games. XD

Saturn FTW!

$200

Banned
Well I still have some old Chinese educational games from my childhood. Many of those probably only ever sold a few hundred copies. Can't get much rarer than those.

lol going by that the rarest thing I have for Gamecube is the Nintendo Component Cables.

Thanks so much. I am going through my collection looking through the list.
I didn't even realize Suikoden II and Tomba were rare.

>.>

I hate the fact that I seem to like a lot of rare games. :-(

Wow haha! That's what I call being at the right place at the right moment! Each copy I have of those games cost me over 60$ each. Indeed, great games. XD

Saturn FTW!

No crap. I had to beg my mom to get all those games. >.> I mean beg. She gave me a $250 loan. I ended up selling them a few years later when I saw the games in the top 100 lists for $150-$350 each. My mom helped me setup an ebay account to sell them too. :p That made my parents proud. Though they told me as a grown up I'm going to have to find a different way to invest.

PS1 was an awesome generation for RPGs for me, it also had a lot of rare RPGs.

I own

Black Label Xenogears
Black Label Final Fantasy Tactics
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
Star Ocean Second Story (Plus the strategy guide)
Vagrant Story

From this generation I also own the Demon Souls Collector's Edition.

Biggest regret.....selling Suikoden 2 to a friend who then lost it or sold it.

Final Fantasy 3 is probably the rarest title I own. But then again, I am sure I have gems in my 2600 collection that I haven't touched in like 20 years.

NFreak

I have a CIB copy of Earthbound in fantastic condition but Earthbound isn't necessarily rare, just expensive. Other than that I have Radiant Historia which is getting a reprint so that won't be as rare. I also have both Devil Summoner games including the limited edition version for Devil Summoner 2 with the plush. That seemed to be everywhere but it has been going up in price a little bit. I think the Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Box set I have is pretty rare too but I have no idea how much that is worth because I can't find any online. That's about it for me. I have some other slightly rare games but nothing super uncommon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A copy of Christmas NiGHTS is at my grandpa's house...I believe that's pretty rare, correct?

And a NeoGeo Pocket Color with a few games, that's certainly a rarity too.

BigDes

Um, not many

Rarest game I own is probably Faselei for the NGPC

After that it's just the psone jrpgs like Suikoden II

Although I have never seen anyone outside the internet with a copy of Incredible Crisis so maybe that

A copy of Christmas NiGHTS is at my grandpa's house...I believe that's pretty rare, correct?

And a NeoGeo Pocket Color with a few games, that's certainly a rarity too.

I don't think so, they were giving them away for free at Blockbuster when I was a kid. I ended up taking one for free every time we rented something.

NFreak

Does anyone have a Virtual Boy NIB? That would be a sight to see.

A couple years ago a cache of like 100 new Virtual Boys were found somewhere in Dubai I think. I'm not positive but I remember hearing that. Also, someone on Gaf had a couple brand new Virtual Boys. He posted them in the pick-up thread some month.

Cheska

I love threads like these, especially when pictures are involved ^_^

5c23b14c.jpg

-Tales of Vesperia Special Edition
-Mass Effect Limited Edition
-Sealed first print Radiant Historia

I have some other rare items and signed games, but I didn't think they actually qualified since they're only rare because they're signed.

mltplkxr

The rarest game I have ever owned was a sealed copy of Chavez Boxing II for the SNES. Had two of those actually, and quickly flipped them on eBay with a friend, because I really didn't care about the game. Judging from the PriceCharting site, it's not worth much now though.

To this day, my biggest regret is having passed, multiple times, the chance to buy Suikoden II for 15$.

earthbound or suikoden 2 (or metroid prime trilogy?). probably suikoden 2, if only because it is complete in box. Plus I have the prima guide for it. Earthbound I have cart only.

-KRS-

The PAL release of Mr. Gimmick on the NES. I only have the cartridge though because it's just rediculously expensive with the box and manual. I paid around $180-200$ for it.

Then I also have some other PAL-only NES games that are kind of rare but not as expensive, like Hammerin' Harry and Ufouria. Looking to buy Little Samson soon.

I have an Earthbound cartridge with a "For display only" box as well which I fortunately got before the Earthbound craze started, so I still got it relatively cheap. Only about $60 or so.

Edit: I may post a new reply tomorrow with pictures of these things.

Phenomic

Some of my stuff. Again, nothing ultra rare.

HOxGS.jpg

Rarest thing I have are probably these. Eternal Blue copy is kind of special I guess because while the outside box has cardboard ware over the years the insides are still factory sealed and nothing inside was never opened or touched.

Emitan

I love threads like these, especially when pictures are involved ^_^

5c23b14c.jpg

-Tales of Vesperia Special Edition
-Mass Effect Limited Edition
-Sealed first print Radiant Historia

I have some other rare items and signed games, but I didn't think they actually qualified since they're only rare because they're signed.

Gimme dat Mass Effect!

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Games worth more now than what I paid for them... Based on Amazon's used prices (which doesn't always make sense):

Star Wars The Arcade Game (5200)
Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers 2 (NES)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
ClayFighter: The Sculptor's Cut (N64)
Zelda Collection (GCN)
OoT w/ Master's Quest (GCN)

Mahonay

Banned
That would have to be Record of Lodoss War for the Dreamcast.

I also have Omikron for the Dreamcast which is a fucking weird game with Cyber David Bowie and original songs by him.

Trokil

Banned
Rarest thing I have are probably these. Eternal Blue copy is kind of special I guess because while the outside box has cardboard ware over the years the insides are still factory sealed and nothing inside was never opened or touched.

I opened it, because I wanted to play it. Of course it's now not mint anymore. But I will keep them anyway.

Do you also have both puppets?

Draft

I'm selling a bunch of my old games and who knew the GCN library would be such a treasure trove of rare, valuable titles.

Skies of Arcadia, the OOT disc, the Resident Evils, what a windfall!

Amagon

Probably Battle Arena Toshinden on the Game Boy.

I never, ever even see this game mentioned or acknowledged. It's a decent game too.

battle_arena_toshinden_11_box_front.jpg
Bro Fist! I still have this game and box in mint shape. IMHO, one of the best fighting game for the Game Boy.

catabarez

I got... Skies of Arcadia on GCN, a copy of Earthbound, Twin Snakes, and Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 :D

Edit: Oh and Tomba 2, and some GCN component cables. Tomba is still fun dammit.

Phenomic

I opened it, because I wanted to play it. Of course it's now not mint anymore. But I will keep them anyway.

Do you also have both puppets?

Nah I wish I had a single puppet, but I actually picked these both up years later and it just happened to be a sealed copy of Eternal Blue. I'm too much of a young gun to even attempt to have been around to get rare Working Designs swag. I know the Ghaleon one isn't all that rare, but the Alex one I think Vic has said there's maybe was a few in existence at all because they were prototypes. (if I'm remembering this right)

Pretty sure there was a thread on GAF where he talked about it. Also if I recall right he offered some guy on the forum to bring it to E3 one year, so he could make it fight the Ghaleon puppet.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I have a couple of "system" holy grails:

Wii - One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (sealed)
GBA - Ninja Five-O (complete) / Pocket Professor: Kwiknotes Vol 1 (sealed, though the game is so obscure that no one is aware of its true rarity)

My dream is to have CIB copies of some of the original Game Boy/GBC rarities like Shantae and Castlevania Legends. I kept all of the boxes to my Game Boy games, but I was also young so I have nothing but Pokemon :(

Zwei

wow @ the apparent rarity of Radiant Historia. I've had this game collecting dust on my shelf for months..

Probably reaching now, but I do have a sealed copy of Overclocked. It's kinda rare. (Though last I saw available on Amazon)

But I didn't feel like pulling all my cool stuff out of the closet.

5J6BY.jpg

John Blade

Not really rare, but it`s something you don`t expect to find in a good condition with the box and the manual. Also, it`s the Square release not the re-release by Sunsoft.

DSCN9775.jpg
DSCN9764.jpg
DSCN9769.jpg
DSCN9770.jpg
DSCN9773.jpg

Final Fantasy Legend
Final Fantasy Legend II
Final Fantasy Legend III
Final Fantasy Adventure Mystic Quest

Top Bottom