• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever DEMO thread - Instructions and impressions here

Salsa

AgAki.png

*WARNING* you must run this youtube video in the background before continuing for optimal viewing​

SHIT'S ALMOST HERE

Duke Nukem Forever's Demo goes live tomorrow for first access club members, and i figured we needed a thread to post impressions and such, and to get some hype going. Specially considering that its too early to make an OT so this talk would otherwise fall in one of the many Duke threads with news.

What follows is some info i gathered for those still unaware of the process for accesing the demo, along with the previously released video with some making-of footage​

KOFg9.png

QSjeQ.png
5MH5Q.png

Izpfx.png

tQGMf.png
spWxe.png

561GJ.png

I'll keep this thread updated with any news that come out (time the demo is going live, any pre-load of sorts, etc). Hopefully mods can help me out with changing the thread title in real time as the day progresses (specially when the thing goes live)​

How to get your First Access Club Key from the Steam version of Borderlands: GOTY Edition:

Right click on the Borderlands icon, click on "View game CD key"

lIydo.png

The key should be available under "Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club Code"

Akbg8.png

Then you proceed to the website on the link at the start of this OP and enter the code. You should recieve an e-mail confirmation.​

yes, its coming, i cannot believe it either, and with nothing else to add... SUCK IT DOWN!

UPDATE: THE DEMO IS OFFICIALLY LIVE!!! GET YOUR ASS DOWNLOADING!!!

Go here: http://www.dukenukemforever.com/access/entry/ code should appear, redeem it on Steam and youre all set.

icx2Wg.PNG

Weenerz

Banned
I forgot my password the website, I hope they don't need me to log in to download the demo. Is it a SP or MP demo?

woolley

Weenerz said:
I forgot my password the website, I hope they don't need me to log in to download the demo. Is it a SP or MP demo?
If you saved the email they sent when you signed up the password should be in it.

Salsa

Weenerz said:
Is it a SP or MP demo?

we dont know!

(._.) said:
If I preordered from D2D do I get access?

did you get the first access club code? chances are steam redeemable key versions will become available before the demo hits.

The_Technomancer said:
Damn, I have Borderlands GOTY on Steam, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to get my FA key

Right-Click the Borderlands icon on Steam, click "View game CD Key". First Access key should be there.

Salsa

(._.) said:
no I did not

ahá, well then again, im guessing your D2D Steam Key will be available tomorrow. I pre-ordered from Gamersgate but got the code anyway since i also own Borderlands GOTY.

There's a Gearbox dev in GAF, maybe he could clarify.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
In 2 days we're going to have a piece of DNF on our hard drives!

IN 2 DAYS WE'RE GOING TO BE PLAYING A PIECE OF DNF!

ACTUAL CODE AND ASSETS!

FROM DNF!

holy shit

epmode

I also have Borderlands on Steam (plus all DLC). I believe that there's something about the beta in the DLC tab but I won't be able to check until later. I know that I've never received an email about any first access code, though!

Volcynika

epmode said:
I also have Borderlands on Steam (plus all DLC). I believe that there's something about the beta in the DLC tab but I won't be able to check until later. I know that I've never received an email about any first access code, though!

You were supposed to plug in that code in the DLC tab at the first access site.

epmode

Volcynika said:
You were supposed to plug in that code in the DLC tab at the first access site.
Oh lookit that. Is there a way to get that code without reinstalling Borderlands? I'm in the middle of a backup and I don't want to install a new game while it's running.

edit: Actually, it's not a key at all. Just something that says Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club Code with no actual code listed. I assume that since DNF is a Steamworks game, the demo will just be added automatically.

epmode said:

Same here. When I right click on Borderlands and goto View Downloadable Content I do get a box that says I have the following:

"Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club Code" with the Acquisition method being "Steam Store" but I don't have any code. :\

epmode said:
Oh lookit that. Is there a way to get that code without reinstalling Borderlands? I'm in the middle of a backup and I don't want to install a new game while it's running.

edit: Actually, it's not a key at all. Just something that says Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club Code with no actual code listed. I assume that since DNF is a Steamworks game, the demo will just be added automatically.

That's what I'm thinking.

Iztli

I prefer the Megadeth version :p I hope they use that one instead :/ other than that... GIVE ME THIS ALREADY!

epmode

I was wrong about Steam:

You DO need to enter the CD key for the First Access Club but it only shows up if Borderlands is in your currently installed game list. If it isn't already there, start installing Borderlands then right-click on it to get the actual CD key needed to register on the First Access site.

FGMPR

Banned
I think this is one of those rare times when I would prefer a MP demo.

MP Duke 3d was amazing, and I'm loving the look of it in DNF

Salsa

FGMPR said:
I think this is one of those rare times when I would prefer a MP demo.

MP Duke 3d was amazing, and I'm loving the look of it in DNF

it would be nice in the sense of not spoiling the main game

although, knowing Duke, it'll probably be demo-specific content, and obviously self-aware of it.

Ubersnug

Did anyone else get an email from Gearbox saying that all first club access members are getting the very first multiplayer DLC for free?

An excellent wee surprise when I woke up this morning :D

Salsa

Ubersnug said:
Did anyone else get an email from Gearbox saying that all first club access members are getting the very first multiplayer DLC for free?

An excellent wee surprise when I woke up this morning :D

yup

its in the OP!

Salsa

damn that's nice said:
do i have to install borderlands to get the key..? don't see any other way

just start the install process, do as it says in the OP, and then cancel it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So much hype. I cannot contain it. Glad to hear the FAC MP DLC is free. That is a really awesome surprise.

So I have to actually install Borderlands GOTY again to view the CD key?

That is fucking stupid.

SalsaShark said:
just start the install process, do as it says in the OP, and then cancel it.

Ah, ok.

EDIT3: Found

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If you go into "detail" view in steam you can access your CD Keys on the side without having to install the game.

keysi7pq.jpg

Top Bottom