• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

You have to dig deeper than that. After this season Matt Martin is one of 11 forwards to play 82 games and have a real gud pro factor of over 10.2RGP, the second highest real gud pro factor all-time is 9.8RGP.

Set by Colton Orr.

Finished my bracket. Picked the Caps to finally win it all.

zroid

Banned
Vancouver has the same amount of points as Toronto did last year, and they're twenty one points clear of last place

that's... incredible

Vancouver has the same amount of points as Toronto did last year, and they're twenty one points clear of last place

that's... incredible

Avs had a shittier season than both Arizona and Buffalo did in 2014/15.

As imbask would say: 'Shit, that's bad!'

Cake Boss

Banned
God I wish the playoffs started tonight.

C9KK1G8XgAI4U6i.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
While I was filling out the bracket I realized the Hawks are gonna win the cup again but I couldnt get myself to actually pick that.

So I picked the Caps.

Solo

Going after the third line makes sense. Grabs-Hayes-Miller are incredibly dynamic offensively, but they tend to bleed shots defensively. They are constantly looking for an advantage to try to pounce and counter back up ice, but that makes them pretty susceptible in the defensive zone. If they read wrong and go too aggressive, it creates grade A scoring chances for the opposition.

Going after the third pairing, however, is probably not the same level of advantage. You would be better off targeting our 2nd pairing, where Staal and Holden tend to sit flatfooted and use their sticks to try and make plays, frequently allowing a skilled skater to dance circles around them. Galchenyuk could have a field day against them. The bottom pairing, on the other hand, has our best D-man not named Ryan McDonagh in the form of Brady Skjei and a perfectly capable defensive defenseman in the form of Brendan Smith. And even though Skjei is a rookie, you're not going to be able to take advantage of his inexperience. He played top minutes in the playoffs last year against the Penguins, where he was one of the very few bright spots of that campaign, so this isn't new to him.

It would be all fine and dandy if AGally weren't playing with Steve Ott and Andreas Martinsen haha

yyzjohn

Banned

that's... incredible

Leafs improved from that season by 26 points. If Colorado does the same next season they'll have...74 points.

Merguson

Banned
I guess I'm picking the Caps to go all the way.

Randy Carlyle will make it to the finals. Sorry but I feel that's the sort of thing that will happen.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Do you hate winning or something?

EDIT: the 3 idiots who named our brackets something-arrooooo are habs fans, including myself, HIGH FIVE CREEPER AND LAMAROOOOO

Damn I didn't even look before I did it. We're going to appropriate the hell out of that meme.

calder

I picked Hawks over Caps in most boring bracket ever. Just don't see any big upsets this year (Bruins over Sens not an upset don't @ me SNESgaf I'm sorry). I did pick the Habs to beat the Bruins in the second round though, mainly because sometimes you have to look at a sports city and say "just fuck those guys already".

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
barry trotz has also never made it past the 2nd round

now i understand why everyone said he was a perfect coach for washington

a916

that's... incredible

It's been a rough year :(

I picked Hawks over Caps in most boring bracket ever. Just don't see any big upsets this year (Bruins over Sens not an upset don't @ me SNESgaf I'm sorry). I did pick the Habs to beat the Bruins in the second round though, mainly because sometimes you have to look at a sports city and say "just fuck those guys already".

My hot take picks are Blue Jackets over Pittsburgh and Oilers win their division.

PillarEN

I have Pens repeating. That's not an easy thing for a Wings fan to put in their bracket. Caps bow out in Rd.2 of course (I believed in you frauds last year. Ovi come play at the Worlds bud).

As the eldest and life longest Leafs fan on this NeoGAF message board I would like to predict that the Leafs will win a participation trophy.

Pikma

Banned
Teams I'm Ok with winning the cup:

Ducks
Sens
Bruins
Rangers
BlowJobs
Capitals
Flames
Oilers
Leafs
Blues
Wild
Hawks
Preds
Pens
Shorks

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i have not seen a single publication or a person at a publication take the leafs

i really hope all the caps players are reading these articles :>

Top Bottom