• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

38 Studios Copernicus Screen Leaks

Hannar

http://www.38watch.com/forums/showthread.php?2786-You-guys-deserve-this.

These three images were linked from a new profile at 38Watch using the name "Alyn Shir," one of the main characters from Reckoning. It included the message:

38 isn't dead yet.

Amalur is worth fighting for. Spread the fire.

These are three of the playable races in game - the Jottun, Dverga, and Almain.

The thread contains direct links to higher res images, but it's to image shack. I'll at least post them here as well in case they disappear.

AtodSz3CQAA3Ht0.png:large

AtodBMVCEAED-BB.png:large

AtocgdBCIAA94t4.png:large

I love this studio -- hope they make it out ok.

soultron

Banned
Shit, dude. This has a lot of similarities with WoW's art style, I feel, but just does it a billion times better. (I've never been a fan of WoW's art style. WoW's palette is nice, but the art itself just isn't for me.)

I'm shallow as fuck, I've just realized. Next to GW2, this is the only game that's made me want to look into playing an MMO on looks alone.

ZenaxPure

Looks like my PC would cry and breakdown if I tried to make it run the game, assuming those are in game screens or whatever.

Rflagg

This mess with the missed payment was they best thing for their mmo as they finally seem to be showing some stuff. The game looks good, but it takes more then looks, I hope they are bringing some interesting methods to advance and have fun within the game world. I do hope they make it out these hard times ok.

goldenpp72

The visuals look outstanding for an MMO, I hate MMO games though :/

I hope it releases and the company survives though, I enjoyed kingdoms.

Salsa

so am i the only that given WoW, Torhclight, Diablo 3 (to a point), etc finds this art style kinda boring at this point?

sure it looks nice, specially for an MMO, but the art style does nothing for me. Seen it before in more than one game.

That horse looks like a statue. The texture and angular jaw/shoulder aren't helping it out any.

The 1st and 3rd character looks interesting at least.

gogojira

It definitely looks like a world I'd love to explore. Here's to hoping something comes of it, though it's hard to think anything will given what's going on over there.

Hannar

In another interesting note from this evening - the governor of RI keeps saying Reckoning under performed and sold 400,000 units. Curt posted tonight that it has actually sold 1.2 million in its first 90 days. Lots of misinformation out there in the press right now, so will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

vazel

Banned
so am i the only that given WoW, Torhclight, Diablo 3 (to a point), etc finds this art style kinda boring at this point?

sure it looks nice, specially for an MMO, but the art style does nothing for me. Seen it before in more than one game.
But how many of those other games have displayed the art style with this kind of fidelity. I hope this MMO has a first person mode like FFXI so I can admire all the visuals up close.

The problem with doing that is we already have Reckoning. It felt like an empty shell of an MMO.

Did it? I never played Reckoning, only seen it, so I cannot really give my opinion on that. But, I can comment the art style in Reckoning did nothing for me.

Anyway, I barely have time for games as it is. I cannot invest the necessary resources playing a MMO. I loved the art style in this, and if Reckoning looked like Copernicus, I probably would have leap on it.

If 38 survives, I hope they make a more typical WRPG rather than a MMO (or an imitation of one).

Did it? I never played Reckoning, only seen it, so I cannot really give my opinion on that. But, I can comment the art style in Reckoning did nothing for me.

Anyway, I barely have time for games as it is. I cannot invest the necessary resources playing a MMO. I loved the art style in this, and if Reckoning looked like Copernicus, I probably would have leap on it.

If 38 survives, I hope they make a more typical WRPG rather than a MMO (or an imitation of one).

It felt like wow on an empty server. The world was dead imo. The combat was great though.

Screens look good. Not to be a Debby Downer, but if employees haven't been paid since May 1 and with all the turmoil going on, how is this MMO ever going to see the light of day? I'd hate to see 38 Studios close shop, but if the news reports are to be believed they make THQ look like a solvent company worth investing in. I've got Midway vibes about this whole thing.

They should have applied this artstyle to amular fleshed out the world some scrapped the mmo aspect and added 4 player drop in drop out co op. I would have been there day one.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
That looks fantastic. I love the art style. Cartoony looks are either hit or miss with me but this is a hit.

squall23

They should put the main character of Reckoning in this game. If he/she kills us, we can't res because our fate was destroyed.

Top Bottom