• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection Announced for PS3

Yuripaw

Banned
Ehh, rail shooter is still a rail shooter no matter what platform it's on. I tried many times to play these games on the Wii and just could not get into them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Excellent news, more RE-games that I'm forced to buy because of this stupid collection I'm going for :(

But yeah this is pretty good news, kinda interested in Umbrella Chronicles.

Yuripaw said:
Ehh, rail shooter is still a rail shooter no matter what platform it's on. I tried many times to play these games on the Wii and just could not get into them.

I like rail shooters, and these RE games are not very good. If I was a PS3 owner who didn't have a Wii, I'd be looking forward to HotD instead.

chri5t

How come everytime I click a link from Famitsu, it gives me a 403 error?

Without fail. Famitsu doesn't like me. :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
chri5t said:
How come everytime I click a link from Famitsu, it gives me a 403 error?

Without fail. Famitsu doesn't like me. :/
When you get the error, click the browser and press enter. It should work.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
nckillthegrimace said:
I like rail shooters, and these RE games are not very good. If I was a PS3 owner who didn't have a Wii, I'd be looking forward to HotD instead.
I agree. I played Umbrella Chronicles and it was trash. My friend that let me borrow it wouldn't even take it back.

Sounds like Capcom being Capcom again.

I kinda figured all the Wii rail shooter spin-offs would go to PS3 post-Move. Now, will the Move-induced lag be an issue is the bigger concern of mine.

I would much rather have RE0, 1, 2, 3 remake. 0 and 1 should be rather easy and straightforward like DCX and RE4, 2 and 3 could be unfeasible I guess.

I'll pass on this HD collection.

Aeana

AranhaHunter said:
I would much rather have RE0, 1, 2, 3 remake. 0 and 1 should be rather easy and straightforward like DCX and RE4, 2 and 3 could be unfeasible I guess.

RE0 and REMake have prerendered backgrounds so they wouldn't be as straightforward as 4 and CVX.

Ridley327

AranhaHunter said:

Zero and REmake would not be "straightforward and easy" in the slightest.

They're not getting ported as is ever.

klee123

Yeah, Capcom should have done the REmake and 0 Collection instead of these.

Although the 2D backgrounds would look really bad in HD...

Yoshichan said:
Excellent news, more RE-games that I'm forced to buy because of this stupid collection I'm going for :(

But yeah this is pretty good news, kinda interested in Umbrella Chronicles.
You're kinda interested in the wrong one.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They didn't even bother having decent calibration on Wii making these super simplistic rail shooters rather than proper lightgun games that you can play with the cursor turned off since your aim would be way, way off playing like that, if it even had the option, and rendering their only strength the graphics for that platform, mainly DSC at that and seeing Code Veronica content remade with near current gen presentation. I can't imagine their Move efforts will be any better, and their graphics aren't gonna be such a strength on PS3, even considering potentially fixed silky smooth frame rate (which I guess isn't a given yet considering their last ports)... I'll never understand why all these lesser so called lightgun shooters' developers never even looked at SEGA's excellent calibration process to emulate, and I'll never understand why barely any article or review even mentioned that as a huge, huge downside considering how important it is to feel like you're actually aiming rather than moving a cursor around to get any amount of fun that goes beyond the fan service seen here out of them. Or how anyone can call them fun beyond that one aspect really. Just play Code Veronica folks.

woodypop

TheUnknownForce said:
Sounds like Capcom being Capcom again.

I kinda figured all the Wii rail shooter spin-offs would go to PS3 post-Move. Now, will the Move-induced lag be an issue is the bigger concern of mine.
Is that evident/a problem in House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut?

Yoshichan

Jaded Alyx said:
You're kinda interested in the wrong one.
Umbrella Chronicles has Wesker, right? And Darkside doesn't?

Ridley327

Alextended said:
They didn't even bother doing a decent calibration on Wii making these just simplistic rail shooters rather than proper lightgun games and rendering their only strength the graphics for that platform. I can't imagine their Move efforts will be any better, and their graphics aren't gonna be a strength on PS3...
Certainly, they could up the framerate? It gets pretty bad at times in both games.

alf717

Just for shits and giggles could some post 1080P or higher screen shots of these games running with Dolphin? Also the link in the OP is giving me a 403 error.

Aeana said:
DSC is better, but UC is good too. I spent like 30 hours unlocking everything. Really love it.
I disagree.

I tried to convince myself I was having a good time, when I just simply wasn't. Perhaps it's just not for me.

Yoshichan said:
Umbrella Chronicles has Wesker, right? And Darkside doesn't?
No idea if Darkside has Wesker (I don't think it does).

Aeana

Jaded Alyx said:
I disagree.

I tried to convince myself I was having a good time, when I just simply wasn't. Perhaps it's just not for me.

No idea if Darkside has Wesker (I don't think it does).
Well, going by what others are saying, I'm in the minority. Shrug. I love both games, personally. I wanted more light gun shooters that go beyond the arcadey experience of games like Ghost Squad, and the Chronicles games really did that for me. Dead Space Extraction did too.

woodypop said:
Is that evident/a problem in House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut?

I cannot say. My experience and hearsay with Move was that it lagged a little more than the Wii's IR sensor, but I imagine they most likely compensated for that in any release for PS3.

Mengetsu

WHY??! I WANTS MY RE0 AND RE REMAKE IN HD NOT THESE!!! *Sigh* You have given us DMC Collection just finish it off with those Capcom :(

Yoshichan

Guys. A full-fledged game with pre-rendered art in high definition doesn't take a weekend to make. Especially if it's supposed to be RE2-quality. Let's try to be serious here, please.

onQ123

WiiHD

pachter_ball.jpg

Top Bottom