• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft New Project? ~Thread of Baten Kaitos III Wishes~

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
It seems Monolithsoft updated their front page looking for staff for their new projects.

The picture contained in the SWF file on the front page is the same pic they showed months ago with Yasuyuki Honne in front of the computer screen showing the same pic seen here:

D0o41.jpg

Here is the new pic ripped from the flash file (drawn by Yasuyuki Honne)

sInoO.jpg

Is it just me or does this make anyone think of Baten Kaitos 3?

BK 1 Spoilers

Possibly Diadem after it touched ground at the end of Baten Kaitos 1?

Htotl6F.jpg

Just some food for thought :)
Or possibly wishful thinking ;)

ivysaur12

Banned
The only thing worse than not getting Baten Kaitos 3 is getting Baten Kaitos 3 HD and then never having an English release.

On holy shit, that looks exactly like Diadem (maybe even Alfard), especially at the end.

FUUUUUUUU USELESS HOPE DAMMIT NINTENDO

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
ivysaur12 said:
The only thing worse than not getting Baten Kaitos 3 is getting Baten Kaitos 3 HD and then never having an English release.

On holy shit, that looks exactly like Diadem (maybe even Alfard), especially at the end.

I knew I could count on Ivysaur to appear :3 And doesn't it? XD

<3 Baten Kaitos

ivysaur12

Banned
Lissar said:
I do not care what game this is, all I know is I want it now.

This too. Take my money, MonolithSoft. Take it all.

I'm trying to find a picture of the end of BK1, but since no one bought either game, that's a bit hard.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.

ivysaur12

Banned
john tv said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't care if you have to break every NDA that you've ever singed ever. The minute - the minute - you hear of a BK3 and then the minute you hear of an english release, you post. And we shall rejoice.

OH MY GOD TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS ON THE WII U TABLET WHILE YOUR CHARACTERS ARE USING YOUR MAGNUS IN GLORIOUS HD ON YOUR TELEVISION SCREEN

kokujin

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
That's why he said it...

Anyway, would be super psyched if this was BK3.

Edit: Ah, guess I misunderstood.
I thought they just owned the BK franchise, I didn't know Nintendo bought them.

daffy

Banned
Looks vaguely similar. Baten Kaitos 3 would be pretty swell.

I'm still waiting to play Xenoblade Chronicles ! :mad:

ivysaur12

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
That is fucking Diadem.

Baten Kaitos 3 lives. omg.

And if it's a Wii U launch title, it'll get the series better exposure and may increase the chances of it coming out in the West!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How did BK series do in the west, anyone have some hard numbers? I was always under the impression that it did rather well compared to Japan, though on the whole it was rather weak all around so it didnt really matter much.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ivysaur12 said:
And if it's a Wii U launch title, it'll get the series better exposure and may increase the chances of it coming out in the West!
Origins probably should have been moved to the Wii like Super Paper Mario. It was sent to die on the GC.

If BK3 is being made for the Wii U (which, based on the concept art being DIADEM FUCK YEAH, I'm going to assume is true), and if it is a launch title, and if it does well, then maybe Nintendo could release BK 1 and 2 as well, with the original glorious high res art assets drawn for the games.

Fafapfapfap. OMG Baten Kaitos :eek:

Also I think this project may have started too early to be a Wii U title but not sure. He's been working on it since before May 2010.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
wsippel said:
Note to Monolith: Name the game Baten Kaitos for all I care, but make it play like Xenoblade.

I dunno if Baten Kaitos would be Baten Kaitos without magnus battles XD

daCuk said:
This made my day

As it did mine :D *is an enormous Baten Kaitos fan ;)*

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
wsippel said:
Note to Monolith: Name the game Baten Kaitos for all I care, but make it play like Xenoblade.

If I ever happen to meet you remind me to punch you in the face.

Top Bottom