• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jan 2007 GI scores. Rogue Galaxy Game of the Month?

Mrbob

Nope! But it should have been! Level 5 FTW.

Cover story is pretty much filler. Top 50 games of 2006. With some extra awards too for top game (Twilight Princess), top 10 developers (Nintendo number one), etc.

Here am the scores!

Phantasy Star Universe - 6 SO 6.25
Family Guy - 5.5
Reservoir Dogs - 5.75
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3/360) - 6.75 SO 6.25
Star Trek Legacy (360) - 7.75 SO 6.5
Fight Night Round 3 (PS3) - 9 SO 9
Full Auto 2 (PS3) - 7.5 SO 7.5
Call of Duty 3 (PS3) 8.75 SO 8.5
Untold Legends (PS3) - 8.25 SO 7.75
Tony Hawk Project 8 (PS3) - 8.75 SO 8.5
NHL2K7 (PS3) - 8.25
Madden 07 (PS3) - 7.75
NBA2K7 (PS3) - 8
Rogue Galaxy - 9 SO 8.5
Socom Combined Assault - 6.5 SO 6 (note: Ruh roh series going downhill bomba?)
Star Trek Encounters - 7.25
Sega Genesis Collection - 8.5
ATV Offroad 4 - 7.5
Twilight Princess (Wii) - 10 SO 10 Game of the Month
Excite Truck - 7.75 SO 8
Super Monkey BallZ Banana Blitz - 6.75
Trauma Center Second Opinion - 8.5
Red Steel - 7.5 SO 7.5
Chicken Little (Wii) - 7.25 SO 7.25
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam - 5 SO 4 (I thought this was supposed to be good? Guess not!)
Wiisports - 6.5 SO 7.25
Elebits - 7 SO 6.75
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 8.5 SO 8.5
Madden 07 (Wii) - 7.75 SO 7.5
Call of Duty 3 (Wii) - 7.25
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Wii) - 8.25
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) - 7.5
Rainbow Six Vegas (360) - 9.5 SO 9.5
Superman Returns (360) - 6 SO 6.25
DoAX2 - 7.5 SO 7
Viva Pinata - 8 SO 7
Medieval 2: Total War (PC) - 9.25 SO 8.75 PC Game of the Month
Warhammer Mark of Chaos (PC) - 6.75 SO 7
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin - 9 SO 9 Portable Game of the Month
Socom 2 (PSP) - 7.5 SO 8
Final Fantasy 5 (GBA) - 8 SO 8
Summon Knight 2 (GBA) - 7.25
Dungeon Siege (PSP) - 8
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All - 8 SO 8

Now complain about the scores! ;)

klee123

Pretty good score for Rogue Galaxy. I wouldn't mind seeing the sequal for PS3, as from what I've played of the Japanese version of RG, it was flawed, but also had a lot of potential.

I hope Level 5 has changed the game a bit for the US release.

Blame!

shitty gameinformer and their scale......no game gets below a 5 apparently because thats the lowest the scale will go

there are so many 7s and 6s for like every game i dont even know what i should buy and whats actually mediocre. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wow @ Rogue Galaxy. I guess I should try out the demo tonight

Klee123, the US version of Rogue Galaxy is pretty much a director's cut. They added more features and stuff into the US version and tweaked some things as well

Mrbob

The Untold Legends review score does baffle me. Especially after reading the review text heh.

Oh and I'm totally buying Tomb Raider 10th anniversary edition on PS2. Two page preview of it in the magazine, totally sweet. Remake of my favorite Tomb Raider game! :) Locations are still the same, but the areas are being reworked. Oh and the preview says it is PS2 only now. PSP and PC versions adios!

Taurus

Trauma Center Second Opinion - 8.5
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 8.5 SO 8.5

Me likes this numbers! Gonna get them both before xmas. :)

Mrbob

GI likes Crackdown too. Another notch in the belt. :)

Oh and these Tomb Raider Anniversary screens are incredible. The game looks completely brand new, even though the locations are the same. Looks like Tomb Raider on X360. These screens have to be doctored.

For you Denis Dyack fans, GI has an interview with him too.

They also rate the PS3 and Wii. PS3 gets a B and the Wii an A-.

Here are some of the top 10 lists:

Top 10 disappointments of 2006

10) The Death of E3
9) Video Game Scape-Goating
8) What the Hell Happened to Sonic Team?
7) Clover closes
6) Lack of progress for PSP
5) Halo movie goes MiA
4) Lack of Unified HD movie format
3) No online wii games at launch
2) Xbox 360 blows its lead
1) Playstation 3 launch

Top 10 Publishers of 2006

10) Rockstar Games (Last Year 8)
9) Konami (Last Year N/A)
8) 2K Games (Last Year N/A)
7) Capcom (Last Year 9)
6) Square Enix ( Last Year 10)
5) Activision ( Last Year 2)
4) THQ (Last year N/A)
3) EA ( Last Year 1)
2) Ubisoft (Last Year 2)
1) Nintendo (Last Year 5)

Top 10 developers of 2006

10) Blizzard Entertainment
9) Harmonix
8) Insomniac
7) Clover
6) Bethesda
5) Epic
4) Ubisoft Montreal
3) Relic Entertainment
2) Square Enix
1) Nintendo

Norse

Mrbob said:
Top 10 disappointments of 2006

10) The Death of E3
9) Video Game Scape-Goating
8) What the Hell Happened to Sonic Team?
7) Clover closes
6) Lack of progress for PSP
5) Halo movie goes MiA
4) Lack of Unified HD movie format
3) No online wii games at launch
2) Xbox 360 blows its lead
1) Playstation 3 launch

ooooh, dont tick anyone off now ya ****in pussies! Cant take a shot at one company with out saying something about the others....1,2,3, sony,ms,nintendo.......hey GI, since your nose was so close to each ass, which smelt worse? #2 is 360 blows lead!! Please, do tell...what the frack does that mean? If this was 2007 maybe you could say that...but as of now you have no frickin clue whats going to happen. GI, go &%*# yourself.

REV 09

i got the mag a few days ago, but didn't post it...this issue is lists galore. They gave Twilight Princess GOTY, and then just listed the top 50 games of the year, but didn't put numbers beside anything except Zelda. i also thought this issue's reviews were quite generous...too high actually, except Viva Pinata which deserves a little higher imo.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Norse said:
ooooh, dont tick anyone off now ya ****in pussies! Cant take a shot at one company with out saying something about the others....1,2,3, sony,ms,nintendo.......hey GI, since your nose was so close to each ass, which smelt worse? #2 is 360 blows lead!! Please, do tell...what the frack does that mean? If this was 2007 maybe you could say that...but as of now you have no frickin clue whats going to happen. GI, go &%*# yourself.

Someone's a little disappointed.

REV 09

Norse said:
i thought that was kinda stupid too...i still don't see how 360 blew it's lead. The only reason it's in the position that it's in right now is because it launched a year ago. If anything, we're seeing the fruits of Microsoft's lead now.

Norse said:
Aren't you taking this a little too personally?

neojubei

REV 09 said:
i thought that was kinda stupid too...i still don't see how 360 blew it's lead. The only reason it's in the position that it's in right now is because it launched a year ago. If anything, we're seeing the fruits of Microsoft's lead now.

Well not really, I guess what GI meant all those months since before gears came out was sort of a waste. Gamers have short memories, so the whole summer and before when hardly any good consistent xbox 360 games were not coming out would be blowing their lead, however gamers with short attention spans see gears in November and all of a sudden 360 didn't waste their lead. sorry but 360 did waste their lead, 360 could have hit 10 million even before November if consistent good must have games were released.

GhaleonEB

REV 09 said:
Yeah, that doesn't make sense. They built up a good library of games, moved ~7m systems (probably 9 by the time December is over), established a massive lead in the online space and are now set to have a killer first half of 2007 with second-gen games. Odd way to blow a lead. :\

No.1

Red Steel - 7.5 SO 7.5

The highest score its received from US media.

Good to see more people realise Relic's utmost brilliance.

neojubei

xaosslug said:
whatdog.gif

anyway--MUAHUAHUAHUAHUA... COME TO PAPA Rogue Galaxy! :D

Yea I am so buying Rogue Galaxy. I bought the Japanese version and i seriously hope Level5 improved the American release. That one dungeon, no almost all of them dragggggggggged on too long.

I liked the concept and the battle system, though FF12 one is superior, RG with a few improvements can be an excellent game. I hope they get rid of that whole weapon upgrading system.

duckroll

Error2k4 said:
says the guy that gave a 95 to Xenosaga Ep3 :D

Hey that's only 10 more points that I would have given it objectively!

Edit: And unless Rogue Galaxy is a completely different game from the JP version, no one in their right mind would give it a 90.

Mr Jared

Mrbob said:
Oh and I'm totally buying Tomb Raider 10th anniversary edition on PS2. Two page preview of it in the magazine, totally sweet. Remake of my favorite Tomb Raider game! :) Locations are still the same, but the areas are being reworked. Oh and the preview says it is PS2 only now. PSP and PC versions adios!

Ditto. I haven't seen their preview on it, but the first time I saw TR: Anniversary I went from not knowing what it was to putting it up right behind Halo 3 on my list of most anticipated games for next year. The original is definitely the best of the Playstation series and Legend is incredible. I fully expect this to be awesome.

Being PS2 only does suck though. It deserves another run on the 360 :(

ZeoVGM

Banned
Mrbob said:
Oh and these Tomb Raider Anniversary screens are incredible. The game looks completely brand new, even though the locations are the same. Looks like Tomb Raider on X360. These screens have to be doctored.

Not buying it unless it's on 360.

Completely stupid if they don't.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ACTIVISION!?!?!

SERIOUSLY!??!

holy shit, tomb raider anniversary screens? ****ing serious? Does it say anything about 480p support? If it does, i'm buying it and running it on my PS3 and it will look FABULOUS.

LJ11

Norse said:

images

Norse

neojubei said:
Someone's a little disappointed.

yeah, lol.....bit too many episodes of 1up yours I guess. Wish everyone could be so bold. Tell it how it is and not gloss over everything to make them all happy. GI appears to worry more about the advertising money than truth.

Norse

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, that doesn't make sense. They built up a good library of games, moved ~7m systems (probably 9 by the time December is over), established a massive lead in the online space and are now set to have a killer first half of 2007 with second-gen games. Odd way to blow a lead. :\

exactly.

Blame!

neojubei said:
Well not really, I guess what GI meant all those months since before gears came out was sort of a waste. Gamers have short memories, so the whole summer and before when hardly any good consistent xbox 360 games were not coming out would be blowing their lead, however gamers with short attention spans see gears in November and all of a sudden 360 didn't waste their lead. sorry but 360 did waste their lead, 360 could have hit 10 million even before November if consistent good must have games were released.

:rolleyes.....oh boy another gaf economist living in moms basement :lol

the fact is we still dont know if 400 bucks is a maintsream price point.

and yea how else do you think GI gets all their 'world exclusives' anyway....

Ckid

Tony Hawk Project 8 (PS3) - 8.75 SO 8.5

I got this game in a bundle with my ps3, dono whether or not i should open it or not, or sell it.

Dahbomb

Scores seem a bit high all around but hey thats way better than something like Zelda TP getting 8.5. I would much rather have scores curved up than down.

Mr Jared

Y2Kevbug11 said:
holy shit, tomb raider anniversary screens? ****ing serious? Does it say anything about 480p support? If it does, i'm buying it and running it on my PS3 and it will look SHITTY.

Fixed. Play PS2 games on your PS2. They look a lot better.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
alkaline black said:
Fixed. Play PS2 games on your PS2. They look a lot better.

480p games look great. Just played through Shadow of the Colossus (fabulous) this week.

Top Bottom