• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
...he hasn't played first base since 2006.

Okay. On CSN today they said he was taking his 1st basemans glove to spring training this year and he was excited to play there again. He hasnt played there because in the AL he didnt have to.

Sanjuro

yankeehater said:
Okay. On CSN today they said he was taking his 1st basemans glove to spring training this year and he was excited to play there again. He hasnt played there because in the AL he didnt have to.
There are physical reasons why he didn't have to as well.

I was wrong actually he did play first in 2007, once. He has played first three times in a span of two seasons (06/07) and never again since.

richiek said:
If those are real. L-O-fucking-L.

Those are concepts that somebody mocked up.

Supposedly this is one of the caps:

6a00d83451b26169e2015436802a7c970c-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436806b0e970c-320wi.jpg

If that's the real thing, I really, really dig it. Much more interesting than most of the other teams in the league to me.

clemenx said:
Someone fucked up in adding yellow to that logo... If they remove that yellow from the middle it'll look good.

Agreed, it's just too much in colors. The logo itself is ugly but if they toned down the colors it'd be decent.

Its different but why get rid of the Marlin? With that color scheme and that home run thing they gonna use, its getting crazy down there. Wats happening to baseball in Florida??

Para bailar La Bomba said:
They remind me of the Turn Ahead The Clock uniforms.............Viva the Mercury Mets!

I have a Turn Ahead The Clock Devil Rays jersey. That thing is sweet. I love design that flies contrary to tradition.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AnEternalEnigma said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

Thome's actually going to play first base for Howard while he's out?

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-14-Jimmy-Fallon.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Eh, it's a good move for the Phillies. An upgrade both offensively and defensively.

acheron_xl said:
I have a Turn Ahead The Clock Devil Rays jersey. That thing is sweet. I love design that flies contrary to tradition.
I narrowly missed out on a Mercury Mets jersey on eBay last year that sold for over $350. Still upset about that.

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Its different but why get rid of the Marlin? With that color scheme and that home run thing they gonna use, its getting crazy down there. Wats happening to baseball in Florida??
They got rid of the teal cos they wanted to pay homage to the original Miami Marlins.

mia56r.jpg

Then I guess the designer popped some acid.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
This is how you do a troll post correctly.

Troll post?

Howard: .253/.346/.488
Thome: .256/.351/.477

Howard isn't exactly a good defensive first baseman either.

There is a really good chance they are going to get the same level of production from Thome only he's not going to be making $20 million to do it. It's a really nice pickup for the Phillies.

Even if Thome literally can't play 1B then he's still a great pickup for a guy off the bench. I'd imagine the plan is to have him platoon with Mayberry somewhat though, which is probably better production than Howard alone.

Sharp

darkside31337 said:
Troll post?

Howard: .253/.346/.488
Thome: .256/.351/.477

Howard isn't exactly a good defensive first baseman either.

There is a really good chance they are going to get the same level of production from Thome only he's not going to be making $20 million to do it. It's a really nice pickup for the Phillies.
Too bad they have to pay Howard anyway.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I agree thome might could be a upgrade offensively but defensively? Lol.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
I agree thome might could be a upgrade offensively but defensively? Lol.

Howard really isn't good there. Yeah it's probably a bit of a stretch. But 41 year old Jim Thome is also an upgrade over Ryan Howard on the basepaths.

Sanjuro

1. Phillies have inside information on the NL dropping the DH for 2012.

2. Jim Thome is replacing Roy Oswalt in the starting rotation.

These both make more sense than what is known so far.

Sharp

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
1. Phillies have inside information on the NL dropping the DH for 2012.

2. Jim Thome is replacing Roy Oswalt in the starting rotation.

These both make more sense than what is known so far.
Dude it's first base. Even guys like Adam Dunn and Prince Fielder can play it.

Well there is a difference from playing first base and actually playing first base.

God none of you have seen Moneyball? Ron Washington tells it like it is!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
well utley plays 2B so he will probably gobble up most of the balls hit to the right side anyway.

Malo

Banned
Branduil said:
It literally looks like one of those fake team uniforms they put in create-a-team features in video games.
They must of gotten their inspiration from MLB 2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom