• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam breaks 6 million concurrent users.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
http://store.steampowered.com/stats

5jg5X.jpg

Top games:

Xq3eC.jpg

If it expands at this rate, I'd say a few more years. New consoles might slow things down a bit, as I think the length of this generation has helped "core" PC gaming grow alongside the explosion in "casual" PC gaming.

This is proof that Steam is a meta-game. Sure there are games you can play on steam but the real game is looking that Steam sales, trying to figure out if you want to join in a 4-pack, trying to figure if you should pick up the daily sale or wait for the Christmas sale, trying to figure out if it is worth $1.74 for the deluxe version, etc.

This is proof that Steam is a meta-game. Sure there are games you can play on steam but the real game is looking that Steam sales, trying to figure out if you want to join in a 4-pack, trying to figure if you should pick up the daily sale or wait for the Christmas sale, trying to figure out if it is worth $1.74 for the deluxe version, etc.

Yup.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Do we have a total number of users in the game total? I'd love to know what percent choose to launch through steam. I'm on my phone so forgive me if it's easy to find somewhere.

Not yet AFAIK. Probably because it launched right before the holiday. Maybe they'll start talking number this week when everyone is back in the office.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What the hell is going on with that football manager? o_O

Top Bottom