• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DK3713 - Square Enix Private Show 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijidasu

This weeks Famitsu has information regarding 'Square Enix party 2008' so to speak. The event has been titled DKΣ3713 and is set for August.

Not much is known yet but in order to go (so far) people will need to buy next weeks Famitsu which will contain information and also be linked to Japan's Square Enix Members site.

Some speculation onto the name:

D - Dragon Quest, Dissidia (tip from Kagari.)
K - Kingdom Hearts
Σ - Sigma Harmonics
3 - Kingdom Hearts 3 (though I'm leaning more towards The 3rd Birthday)
7 - Final Fantasy 7 (Advent Children Complete, sorry guys.)
13 - Final Fantasy 13

Was also some information on some new announcement from Konami but I'll leave that for someone else to detail.

batbeg

This is awesome news :D Except for the fact we won't get any video or pictures until months after the show, it's good to know there's still a show this year and I agree with your guesses on the names, which means some good stuff hopefully incoming :D

defferoo said:
where's FFCC:TCB? i REALLY hope it wasn't canned.

I was going to give up after E3, so I guess I'll now wait to see if it's here...

Jonnyram

I can't be the only one thinking Dragon Quest looks awfully out of place in a list full of Nomura. Maybe the D is something else?

Troidal

Autumn Thread said:
D - Dragon Quest
K - Kingdom Hearts
Σ - Sigma Harmonics
3 - Kingdom Hearts 3 (though I'm leaning more towards The 3rd Birthday)
7 - Final Fantasy 7 (Advent Children Complete, sorry guys.)
13 - Final Fantasy 13

Why mention Kingdom Hearts twice? It's probably The 3rd Birthday or some other 3rd game in the series. Chrono Cross, believe? or Tobal 3? Bushido Blade 3? Imaginations are endless!

The rest sounds plausible.

Was also some information on some new announcement from Konami but I'll leave that for someone else to detail.

Zuh?

Jijidasu

Jonnyram said:
I can't be the only one thinking Dragon Quest looks awfully out of place in a list full of Nomura. Maybe the D is something else?

Well it might be 'dick' since it's Nomura we're talking about but who knows.

Speaking of which, anyone else intending to go? J-Gaf meet up would be nice. I propose we Gaijin Smash our way into the closed cinema and record direct feed trailers for the internet.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
harSon said:
I swear I'll cut myself if their Final Fantasy 13 coverage is simply a few seconds of new CG footage.

They need to stop pulling a Crisis Core on it and give us more infos >:O

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Actually it's Famitsu's new review scale after they abolish the 1-10 system next issue. Sigma=average.

I was like totally trying to come up with an amazing theory about how FFCC: TCB is somehow related to that 3 since it would the third FFCC game. That is until I remember MLaaK.

/sigh

What the fuck SquarE?

Aeana

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Isn't nanashi no game mentioned as 774? That could be the 7 :p
cockteasing of the year if its that, lol

That game is out in July, so it's unlikely.

Acosta

Playable demo of FF XIII or BURN!

And it's time they release AC Complete, not in a rush to see Advent itself, but great cg work in HD is awesome.

duckroll

It's not a two day event, it's 6 sessions of the same thing spread over 2 days, 3 sessions a day. 400 people will be selected for each session, 10am, 1:30pm and 5pm respectively.

GhaleonQ

So, does this mean that their E3 presence will be lacking, and that any new, interesting information will be in August, not July?

*prepares to tear out hair*

duckroll

GhaleonQ said:
So, does this mean that their E3 presence will be lacking, and that any new, interesting information will be in August, not July?

It means nothing, since E3 is in America, and this is in Japan. If anything this is a prelude to what they'll show at TGS.

Mets39

GhaleonQ said:

Maybe they will do the same thing that Kojima does last year. Coming to E3 to show a trailer and announce that they will make an On-stage Demo at their show three weeks after

duckroll

soul said:
duckroll, do you have any explanation on why there is an Xbox 360 illustration in the scan? Will this event focus on the 360?

Obviously because the event is going to announce that Nintendo and Square Enix has reached a deal where Donkey Kong Sigma 3713 A.D. will be released on the Xbox360 exclusively. :)

If it's another extended trailer of the stuff we've been seeing since E3 06 I'll kill my self in an emo nervous breakdown, my most hyped next-gen game has dropped of my radar due to the complete lack of info on it.

EDIT: This is a private show? No new FFXIII info? Up you're Square ;(

Hwang Seong-Gyeong said:
EDIT: This is a private show? No new FFXIII info? Up you're Square ;(

It probably means new info for those that manage to get in there. We'll probably have to wait until TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom