• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Borman

A really minimalistic Lost Odyssey 360, similar to the logo-only Final Fantasy cases
lostodyssey3d.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/lostodyssey.png

The_Monk

Finally the OT! Congrats OP, very well done, and congrats on the banner for the one who made it, it's awesome!

Now a question, does anyone here do this covers using a MAC? If yes, which program are you using? Thank you.

Emitan

The_Monk said:
Finally the OT! Congrats OP, very well done, and congrats on the banner for the one who made it, it's awesome!

Now a question, does anyone here do this covers using a MAC? If yes, which program are you using? Thank you.
Photoshop or GIMP if you can get it working.

IrishNinja

Wario64 said:
Office Max only really charges 73 cents per page? Is there an additional fee for the service? That seems dirt cheap.

yeah, this is news to me as well. whenever i bought used PS2 games, i ended up just printing stuff from the cover project on regular paper, cut it all jaggedy, and just kinda hope no one does more with my collection than look at the spines.

great thread, by the way! subscribing.

Rengoku

acbps3_3dcovernuth.png
alicemadnessps3_3dcovevugp.png

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Cover
Alice: Madness Returns: Cover

alicemadness2ps3_3dcovhumk.png
bioshock_3dcover8ue5.png

Alice: Madness Returns: Alt 1
Bioshock: Cover

castlevanialos1ps3_3dcnut0.png
castlevanialos2ps3_3dcfup5.png

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Cover | Alt 1

darksoulsps3_3dcover4uhk.png
deusexa_3dcovergu6c.png

Dark Souls: Cover
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Cover | Alt 1 w black strip

dragonageoriginsps3_3ddu5y.png
ds2ps3_3dcovermuv9.png

Dragon Age Origins: Cover
Dead Space 2: Cover

gow3ps3_3dcovertuj5.png
heavyrainps3_3dcover1uar.png

God of War 3: Cover
Heavy Rain: Cover

homefrontps3_3dcovereuxj.png
icosotccollectionps3_cuu1v.png

Homefront: Cover
ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Cover

infamous_3dcoversu5x.png
infamous2aps3_3dcoverpu7h.png

Infamous: Cover
Infamous 2: Cover | Cover w black strip

infamous2a_3dcovermug8.png
killzone3ps3_3dcoverlu98.png

Infamous 2: Alt 1 | Alt 1 w black strip
Killzone 3: Cover

masseffect2ps3_3dcover9u1x.png
me2garrusps3_3dcoverzu11.png

Mass Effect 2: Cover | Garrus Alt

me2gruntps3_3dcoversunw.png
me2kriosps3_3dcover7uo8.png

Mass Effect 2: Grunt Alt | Thane Krios Alt

me2mirandaps3_3dcover3ux9.png
me2sheppardps3_3dcover4usi.png

Mass Effect 2: Miranda Alt | Sheppard Alt

me2talips3_3dcoverhu4h.png
masseffect3femshepps3_sumk.png

Mass Effect 2: Tali Alt
Mass Effect 3: Femshep Cover

mirrorsedge_ps3coverfu33.png
ngs2_3dcoveruu70.png

Mirror's Edge: Cover
Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma: Cover

reddeadredemption1ps3_ruq4.png
reddeadredemption2ps3_zu8r.png

Red Dead Redemption: Cover | Alt 1

rncacitps3_3dcoverhuma.png
resistance3_3dtest5f1uic4q.png

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time: Cover
Resistance 3: Cover

slycollection_3dcover3ucz.png
uncharted3ps3_3dcover0une.png

Sly Cooper Collection: Cover
Uncharted 3: Cover

u9Bxz.jpg

Made these guys a while back out of boredom. The SA2 design is at a tiny resolution, so it's pretty much unusable unless someone wants the PSD file to tune up.

overcast

Could somebody please do that Batman Arkham City cover on a 360 template?

This thread is fantastic. Some great stuff in here.

Rengoku

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Would it be possible to get that Alice cover for PC (blank basically, no GFW logo)?

Like this?

alr1ghtstart said:
any way to do the 3D template as a batch script?

I'm still learning how action scripts work, but I'll play around with batch processing and see if theres a way to do it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
*Sees Lost Odyssey cover I missed before*
Yes! Perfect!

*Sees it's non-printable*
vadernooooo.gif

Any chance of somebody making a similar one?

RedSwirl

Rengoku said:
Like this?

I'm still learning how action scripts work, but I'll play around with batch processing and see if theres a way to do it.

My GFW minimal logo (I think it's linked in the OP) just has the "PC DVD ROM" logos on the front bottom and sine.

Borman

chaosblade said:
Did you scale that logo to size or did you find a high res one? :D I'm looking for one, preferably a white one, but if I have to edit it then so be it. If it was scaled, I'll probably just keep looking :(

I found a PSD of the logo, so no background, but its too big to upload right now :\

Edit: Not liking what I see for Just Cause 2. Going to have to give it a try later, will install the game and take some HQ screenshots for it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Why are some non-printable? Sorry, for the stupid question, just don't get it. (What makes them unprintable?)

And I'm spent.

I think I have 99% of the old thread on post 2. Taking a break for now, will try to update the rest of the names later and start to add new stuff posted in this thread.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Toma said:
Why are some non-printable? Sorry, for the stupid question, just don't get it. (What makes them unprintable?)
Probably made previously just for fun, with low res assets that wouldn't be suitable for an actual cover. Or the poster just doesn't have the printable cover anymore.

Robot Pants

MushroomSamba said:
Do you guys know of a resource to get clean images of cover logos? Especially the one's on the spine?

You mean just the game logo?
If so, Google Images >" logoname png" > Size: Large

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have a project suggestion for posters who like this thread and want to contribute but are no good with graphic design; make a list of covers that haven't been done yet. I know I would like to print out some of these, but I wouldn't want to convert 1/3rd of my collection and leave the other 2/3rds, right?

Major PS3 exclusives that are in my collection that aren't in the list above:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Afrika / Hakuna Matata
Aquanaut's Holiday
Heavenly Sword
Little Big Planet 1
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction

Zerokku said:
It doesn't really fall under the minimalistic trend this thread seems to have focused on so far, but everyone should take a look at The Cover Project. I have all my SNES games in cases with cover art from that site.

Personally, I use the Cover Project for GBA-in-DS case games, and it's great for reprinting the official box arts of games in new formats, but the custom contributions over there suck hard.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Stumpokapow said:
Personally, I use the Cover Project for GBA-in-DS case games, and it's great for reprinting the official box arts of games in new formats, but the custom contributions over there suck hard.

Yup. All I've used it for is the UGC Vertical cover arts for SNES and N64 games, but most anything that isn't the original or the original modified (such as the vertical covers) sucks bad.

Ashhong

Is the Blu-ray section not setup yet?

I would like to request How to Train Your Dragon and Scott Pilgrim please...I lost my cases and would love a better Scott Pilgrim cover. Maybe one with art taken from the comics and not the movie :)

Stumpokapow said:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Afrika / Hakuna Matata
Aquanaut's Holiday
Heavenly Sword
Little Big Planet 1
I'll add Folklore/Folks Soul

Ashhong said:
Is the Blu-ray section not setup yet?

I would like to request How to Train Your Dragon and Scott Pilgrim please...I lost my cases and would love a better Scott Pilgrim cover. Maybe one with art taken from the comics and not the movie :)

I did not see a template posted yet and nobody has contributed to it yet.

Added it b/c someone wanted to see some stuff in the future, so w/ this thread hopefully we'll get some stuff :)

Rengoku

Stumpokapow said:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Afrika / Hakuna Matata
Aquanaut's Holiday
Heavenly Sword
Little Big Planet 1

Mik did one for Heavenly Sword in the old thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26271242&postcount=566
Zoda did one for 3D Dot Game Heroes here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28522238&postcount=617
mgviperman did one for Little Big Planet 1 here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30355086&postcount=1103

SamuraiX-

demosthenes said:
And I'm spent.

I think I have 99% of the old thread on post 2. Taking a break for now, will try to update the rest of the names later and start to add new stuff posted in this thread.

Great job. :)

Top Bottom