• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concave PS3 triggers are coming stateside

I know a bunch of us have been looking for concave triggers for our PS3 controllers; specifically the Gioteck triggers that have been bundled in certain issues of PSM3 in the UK. Unfortunately, most Borders and Barnes & Noble bookstores in the states don't seem to carry PSM3.

I just found out that the good people at Messiah are bringing us concave triggers in April:

http://www.playmessiah.com/products/ps3/hardwear-controller-armor.htm

I'm fine with paying 10 bucks even though I'll be tossing out that crappy metal plate that you stick on top of your controller. :lol

They will be stocked at Game Crazy and Amazon, among other retailers. Messiah products at Amazon seem to be eligible for Prime.

The Gioteck triggers have been reported as working with both the Sixaxis and the D.

Ashhong

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I know a bunch of us have been looking for concave triggers for our PS3 controllers; specifically the Gioteck triggers that have been bundled in certain issues of PSM3 in the UK. Unfortunately, most Borders and Barnes & Noble bookstores in the states don't seem to carry PSM3.

I just found out that the good people at Messiah are bringing us concave triggers in April:

http://www.playmessiah.com/products/ps3/hardwear-controller-armor.htm

I'm fine with paying 10 bucks even though I'll be tossing out that crappy metal plate that you stick on top of your controller. :lol

They will be stocked at Game Crazy and Amazon, among other retailers. Messiah products at Amazon seem to be eligible for Prime.

The Gioteck triggers have been reported as working with both the Sixaxis and the D.

interesting...im wondering if i care enough to buy this....

atomico

Router said:
It really needs "Real Metal Armor"? :lol

might not be as stupid as it sounds (or looks :lol ). it'd be useful if it added a litte weight to the sixaxis

anyway, wasn't this posted already?

Ryu1999

AgentOtaku said:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013YNL6M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Horray for Amazon
prime.jpg

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
So this is a skin that goes over the whole sixaxis/ds3? I wish someone would just release concave triggers that you can install by taking the sixaxix apart and putting new triggers in. Or am I reading this thing wrong? That controller looks really really ugly too.

Aske

Perhaps Giotech will get their website up and running before April so I won't have to buy the ridiculous armour, but I'll buy the package if I have to. Can't wait for my concave triggers.

drakesfortune said:
So this is a skin that goes over the whole sixaxis/ds3? I wish someone would just release concave triggers that you can install by taking the sixaxix apart and putting new triggers in. Or am I reading this thing wrong? That controller looks really really ugly too.

1) Most of us don't give a shit about the faceplate/skin. We just want the triggers.
2) The triggers clip on. Most people say they stay on pretty well. If I'm happy with them, I'll glue them on.
3) Good control is more important than aesthetics.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I took a DS3 apart to get rid of something inside the triggers that was messing it up; and holy shit is it a bitch to get back together. Considering this, I think the clip-on approach is better.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
JodyAnthony said:
i have never had a problem with the triggers on my sixaxis

Same here, I actually like them better when playing Burnout Paradise compared to my Dual Shock 2.

Ryu1999

beermonkey@tehbias said:
1) Most of us don't give a shit about the faceplate/skin. We just want the triggers.
2) The triggers clip on. Most people say they stay on pretty well. If I'm happy with them, I'll glue them on.
3) Good control is more important than aesthetics.

Yeah, the triggers are separate, so everybody wins!

Hardwear™ Controller Armor enhances the look of your PS3 controller and keeps your equipment looking sharp. The Controller Armor is a precision-formed metal plate with a soft foam backing. As a bonus, Trigger Grips are included with the Controller Armor, which snap on to the L2/R2 buttons to provide better control and accuracy.

Xater

Ryu1999 said:
Yeah, the triggers are separate, so everybody wins!

Hardwear™ Controller Armor enhances the look of your PS3 controller and keeps your equipment looking sharp. The Controller Armor is a precision-formed metal plate with a soft foam backing. As a bonus, Trigger Grips are included with the Controller Armor, which snap on to the L2/R2 buttons to provide better control and accuracy.

I'd rather have 4 grips for 10 bucks....

I've got the ones that came with PSM3 mag in the UK. The mag is utter arse but the triggers work suprisingly well :lol

Actually picked up a second copy of the mag so I'd have a set for both controllers (binned the mag on the way home from the store though!)

Ranger X said:
So much for the triggers. Does player adaption exists anymore?

I don't adapt to shit! =p

in all seriousness though....there is just some shit you can't adapt too....like I had to buy a 3rd party analog nub for my PSP....

I was hoping that they would have changed to proper triggers with the Dual Shock 3, but Sony doesn't seem to see an issue here. I wish I could try these before buying though. They look like that should improve the controller but it's hard to tell without actually trying them.

Who the hell thought convex triggers would be a good idea?

Oh and that stupid armor just looks like something they added to the package so they could justify a $10 price tag.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
AstroLad said:
I took a DS3 apart to get rid of something inside the triggers that was messing it up; and holy shit is it a bitch to get back together. Considering this, I think the clip-on approach is better.

The first time I took my DS3 apart it was EXTREMELY hard for me to put it back together. Then the second time I did it I figured the trick out, which is to hold the L2/R2 triggers in, put the L1/R1 triggers and make sure they feel normal, and keeping R2/L2 held down and putting the final piece of plastic on. As long as you keep those L2/R2 triggers held in the whole time it actually goes back together pretty easily. I've taken my DS3 and Sixaxis apart about 6 times now and I can get them back together perfectly every time now.

Unfortunately I still haven't fixed my DS3. The square button is almost sticky and after about a half hour or so of playing it starts to get stuck in when I press it down. I replaced the white piece under the buttons with one from my sixaxis, and I replaced the actual button, and nothing really helped. I put those old pieces in a sixaxis, and it works fine. It must have something to do with that plastic/bendable piece that transfers my button presses into electronic signals. I'm VERY temped to just swap that piece with a sixaxis. I just don't know how hard that will be to do. I really want my DS3 working right, that's all I know.

a.wd

Y'know some one could just figure a way to get the 360 controller working with the PS3...actually I would pay 10 quid to anyone who could do this as my living room is already a small rabbit warren of electrical devices and interfaces....

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
drakesfortune said:
The first time I took my DS3 apart it was EXTREMELY hard for me to put it back together. Then the second time I did it I figured the trick out, which is to hold the L2/R2 triggers in, put the L1/R1 triggers and make sure they feel normal, and keeping R2/L2 held down and putting the final piece of plastic on. As long as you keep those L2/R2 triggers held in the whole time it actually goes back together pretty easily. I've taken my DS3 and Sixaxis apart about 6 times now and I can get them back together perfectly every time now.

Unfortunately I still haven't fixed my DS3. The square button is almost sticky and after about a half hour or so of playing it starts to get stuck in when I press it down. I replaced the white piece under the buttons with one from my sixaxis, and I replaced the actual button, and nothing really helped. I put those old pieces in a sixaxis, and it works fine. It must have something to do with that plastic/bendable piece that transfers my button presses into electronic signals. I'm VERY temped to just swap that piece with a sixaxis. I just don't know how hard that will be to do. I really want my DS3 working right, that's all I know.

Crazy, nice. Yeah, when you go and do it the first time it's just a splosion of little interconnected parts. Funny thing is, now that I think about it, I think square button stickiness was why I went and did it the first time. Funny because it's not a problem on my other two DS3s, but maybe it's a common issue.

sprocket

Banned
I still say if you have ANY problems keeping you fingers on the triggers than you need to call a doctor. The part of your brain that holds your motor skills is damaged.

inner-G

Banned
I know I'm in the minority, but I like my stock triggers.

(I don't really play FPSs though, and I guess that's where people like them?)

I am gonna order a pair.

is there any site to buy them now? because if they feel good enough I will play a lot more burnout and motorstorm.

Clinton514

I posted a an article about the Gioteck triggers a little while back and I still think they're amazing. Anyone's who's wanted triggers should pick these things up.

It's a godsend for Motorstorm and Burnout Paradise. :)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Sweet, now with this and rumble, Sony is finally getting geared up to enter the next-gen race!

Clinton514 said:
I posted a an article about the Gioteck triggers a little while back and I still think they're amazing. Anyone's who's wanted triggers should pick these things up.

It's a godsend for Motorstorm and Burnout Paradise. :)

where can you pick up the gioteck triggers?

Top Bottom