• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

GGs Greg, gonna go off. Hope you didn't lose too many points. We definitely lost a few too many games just to rollers.

Yeah, I lost a ton unfortunately. The problem with being a B playing with Ss is that I lose a lot of points when we get beat but barely get any back when we win :/

Nintendo should probably fix that.

GGs Totakeke, Mr. Panic and Smashley!
I really like the ranked map adjustments.
Yeah, every map that I played felt a lot better.

I think I'll try to join a squad in about a hour or around when the map rotation strikes. I'd also like to set-up a private match later to play Tower Control because I really have not in most maps (only have Underpass, Saltspray, Kelp and Walleye)

Did anyone get the suit yet? What is it's main?

I'm done. I was looking forward to playing this all day, I got Discord set up and all, and I just cannot play. I'm missing easy shots, walking into dumb situations, and just generally acting like I have no idea what I'm doing. I feel like I'm unfamiliar with the controller for some inexplicable reason. Vecks, Ryechu, thanks for the games. Maybe I'll remember how to play tomorrow.

RedFyn

My insane strategy of using killer wail to push back Krakens hasn't been going well so far.

I'm free to join up for another squad battle now.
Going bowling but I'll play when I get back.

I really messed up in our last match but the delay vs the other team didn't help. I should've adjusted and played smart but I didn't.

Yeah, I lost a ton unfortunately. The problem with being a B playing with Ss is that I lose a lot of points when we get beat but barely get any back when we win :/

Nintendo should probably fix that.
We should totally try to play in a squad this weekend. I'm a C so if you lose with me on your team it shouldn't be *too* brutal.

ryechu

E: Nevermind that's Team Fortress
But yeah, those two maps seem cool. Does anyone know if one of them is Flounder Heights? Because if not we got 3 out of the 4 remaining ones.

the first one is flounder heights. There are apparetnly four maps after these two. Not including these so six new maps in the files.

Crayolan

the first one is flounder heights. There are apparetnly four maps after these two. Not including these so six new maps in the files.

Wait so there are more maps than originally teased? I wonder if 2 of those are paid maps or they're really going to deliver beyond expectations.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This new Moray Towers map for splat zones is messing me up. Anyone have good strategies? Someone made a firewall for baseinvader.exe it seems.

Granted we were playing a team full of S

Hackworth

I'm missing easy shots, walking into dumb situations, and just generally acting like I have no idea what I'm doing. I feel like I'm unfamiliar with the controller for some inexplicable reason.
Glad I'm not the only one that happens to. Like, I didn't play for a week and now I'm ruined forever.

eRonin

Played some squad battles this morning. We faced this squad of S/S/S+/S+ TWICE and got destroyed twice. They had amazing synergy with dual splash walls to wall us out while a 3rd squid shot at us and another went for the tower. I'm only B+ and my squad was C+/B- so we only lost 1-2 points when we lost against them. It's really good for figuring out what tactics are being used at the high level though.

ryechu

Wait so there are more maps than originally teased? I wonder if 2 of those are paid maps or they're really going to deliver beyond expectations.

I dont think its that likely that they will make paid dlc maps, tbh. Given how carefully theyve been avoiding dividing the install base. Also since the 10 maps have been completely done since launch. And in an interview a few weeks ago, Sakaguchi said that they had no plans on any paid DLC at the moment. Its safe to say the boatload of content they made or even planned since launch is goign to be free.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It seems like every time I finish a match with a squad a get a communication error after the match is over.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It seems like every time I finish a match with a squad a get a communication error after the match is over.

Interesting. No comm errors for me tonight doing squads, whereas last splat fest was just a clusterfuck of errors. I'll be interested to see how the next one is.

Guys!
The Bucket. The Bucket....

Also, my main clothes set.
WVW69iQ4d-A3znthxY

ryechu

I can only get that feeling in private matches with gaf for now, haha. It's gonna be a long road from A- 44 to S rank for me

you shouldve joined zing , africanus, and my squad earlier. We won like ten games in a row.

Top Bottom