• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii) Famitsu scan

SonSon2

A whole lotta....purple. Children. Purple wearin children. Riding purple things. Alright then.

*Edit: also, shades of pink.

Story about a girl playing a violin who becomes nervous and can't play.. Nights helps to kill her nightmares that are causing this fear

Likewise for the boy counterpart but hes playing soccer.

Boss was a big jester ball you had to toss it up a tower but it could hit you and knock time off your total time if you didnt catch it correctly.. It was really cool looking.. If you did get hit you would also stun yourself and the ball could fall all the way down.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Story about a girl playing a violin who becomes nervous and can't play.. Nights helps to kill her nightmares that are causing this fear

Likewise for the boy counterpart but hes playing soccer.

Boss was a big jester ball you had to toss it up a tower but it could hit you and knock time off your total time if you didnt catch it correctly.. It was really cool looking.. If you did get hit you would also stun yourself and the ball could fall all the way down.

Sounds good!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Nuclear Muffin said:
AHA! It's done with a quasi over the shoulder view!

So the game is still on rails, but it's like a 45 degree angle view!

Also 16 X 9 :D

There are parts in the original nights where he flies on a different axis, this is just those parts, the whole game isn't like that.

sp0rsk said:
There are parts in the original nights where he flies on a different axis, this is just those parts, the whole game isn't like that.

Oh! I've never played the original NiGHTS so I wouldn't know :p

meppi

Now this is starting to look more and more like the NiGHTS I love. :D

Now show us some blue spheres and lots more rings.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Oh shit. I didn't notice it. 16:9; great !!!
Well, the original had 16:9 as well, so that's no big surprise.

Ashodin

neo2046 said:
1 page only, waiting for the other page :D

Sonic the Hedgehog all over again :lol :lol

When will SEGA learn that putting realistic people in their video games does not equal success?? I assume there'll be some sort of love story somewhere.

meppi

Maxrpg said:

When will SEGA learn that putting realistic people in their video games does not equal success?? I assume there'll be some sort of love story somewhere.
0_o

You never played the original did you?

Haunted

DefectiveReject said:
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THIS GAME!!
Looking GOOD!!!
It looks exactly the same as every other screen we've seen so far, except for the CG girls, of course.

mclem

Maxrpg said:

Uh. Ever heard of Elliot and Claris?

This is just matching up with the premise of the original. With slightly smaller boots.

big_z

i never played the original but do the kids turn into the nights or are the nights pedo characters that play with them in their dreams?

the cg looks nice but the rest looks about the same... maybe slightly better.

Gameplay shots look pretty good right now, I must admit. But I really hope this isn't one of those sequels which take away from what the original once was.

Capoeira

Looking better from the last time I saw it, at least in a technical sense. It still looks very... gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just very... gay looking.

Parl

Capoeira said:
Looking better from the last time I saw it, at least in a technical sense. It still looks very... gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just very... gay looking.

Neh, this **** is definitely bisexual.

Mdk7

The original is my favorite game EVER, i consider it the greatest game ever made (i still play it on a regular basis...), and i've been waiting so so long for a sequel...

And now everytime i look at the scans i find Journey Of Dreams so distant from the masterpiece made in '96 by Naka...

The game still looks just meh (even if slightly better than before, with that NiGHTS model on par with PSP games and the dumbass look on his face
nights-1.gif
), even considering the mediocre Wii standards.

And "NiGHTS" and "Mediocre" put in the same sentence make me feel there something wrong with this whole project, a sequel awaited for 11 ****in years that's gonna be made in less then 12 months. By the Shadow Team. With this technical level. :'(

Still hope it plays PERFECT just like the original, but if i consider the care they are putting on the graphics side... well i'm worried.

Don't **** this up Sega, PLEASE.

And credits to my friend TMO for the gif. :D

I fear this game is falling deeper and deeper into damnation with every "don't **** this up Sega" post. Come on guys. Have just a little optimism/faith.

Mdk7

Mr_Furious said:
I fear this game is falling deeper and deeper into damnation with every "don't **** this up Sega" post. Come on guys. Have just a little optimism/faith.
Dude the original is my favorite game.
I wanted a sequel so so bad... It's just that i fear what they might do with the whole NiGHTS ip: if they wanna give as a sequel the game HAS TO BE on the near perfect original standards, NOT on the "well it's not THAT BAD" Sonic and the Secret Rings ones.

NiGHTS means AAA+++ to me.

Top Bottom