• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming “Blockbuster” JRPG Starring Nobuo Uematsu is Granblue Fantasy, Gets Trailer

Codeblue

I'm more disappointed by the title making it sound like Uematsu is the main character than the mobile thing.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That was a good little trailer with no game play but then the I saw it's a mobile game. No chance of me playing this anytime soon.

Stuart444

I wouldn't mind mobile that much as long as the game is good and it's something I can access without too much trouble (like iPhone or Android rather than GREE for instance)

But I like the music/anime scenes stuff and I feel like it's something I 'could' get hyped over but I want to see some gameplay first. And a confirmation of what mobile platforms of course.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yep figured this was going to be mobile. Not surprising anymore seeing everyone wants a piece of dat app crowd pie.

Screenshot of gameplay.

system-battle-img-01.png

Omikaru

Hey guys, don't knock mobile games. There is the off chance that this is the one that is actually amazing. I mean, the trailer was awesome, so maybe the final game will...

Screenshot of gameplay.

system-battle-img-01.png
...oh. Never mind.

-_-

I like the character design, and Uematsu's music is always beautiful, as it is in that trailer, but that screen does not get me excited at all. Oh well. I suppose I'll keep an eye on it.

Wow, that's looking very old-school, invokes a sort of modern Sega CD vibe in the right ways, I'm kind of-

For mobile

-Oh damn it.

The worst part isn't necessarily that it's for mobiles, it's that it reduces chances of localization, and platform availability. (Japanese developers... tend not to favor Android much, do they?)

batbeg

Totally dig all the music and art on that site. There's nothing inherently wrong with mobile as a platform so it'd be cool if this were genuinely a wonderful nostalgic rpg instead of mobage shit. Fingers crossed.

Opportunity lost.

RIP good old JRPG FF feeling.

Glad I'm not the only one to get the FF feel from that trailer. I mean, the whole airship back perspective looked EXTREMELY "Final Fantasy"(almost FFVI-esque). Even the characters hanging out on the deck as it's soaring felt very FF-esque!

Square, why you don't do THAT no more?!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hey, we have the technical power to make the games look like these OP cinematics now! Lets work towards that!

O well, even it looks charming, it looks basic as can be from a design standpoint; You could say any classic RPG got a new chara designer, and said they made the trailer seen for that game, and it'd be believable.

Mobile, Mobile... if only that would guarantee at least a decent Vita release...

Top Bottom