• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for The Last Guardian has been abandoned (e.g. dead)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update: Some hope restored: http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/16/sonys-trademark-for-the-last-guardian-has-expired-again/

Today, on February 16, 2015, trademark U.S. serial number 85700141, The Last Guardian, was abandoned:

Generated on: This page was generated by TSDR on 2015-02-16 11:27:22 EST
Mark: THE LAST GUARDIAN
US Serial Number: 85700141 Application Filing Date: Aug. 09, 2012
Register: Principal
Mark Type: Trademark, Service Mark
Status: Abandoned because no Statement of Use or Extension Request timely filed after Notice of Allowance was issued. To view all documents in this file, click on the Trademark Document Retrieval link at the top of this page.
Status Date: Feb. 16, 2015
Publication Date: Nov. 20, 2012
Notice of Allowance Date: Jan. 15, 2013
Date Abandoned: Feb. 16, 2015
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85700141&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

On July 02, 2014, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC filed the third (of five) Extension of Time to File SOU.

Note: The previous application, trademark U.S. serial number 77750563, was also abandoned before all extension requests had been used. This news doesn't bode well for the future of this game however.

Rösti;152299322 said:
Note: The previous application, trademark U.S. serial number 77750563, was also abandoned before all extension requests had been used. This news doesn't bode well for the future of this game however.

More like -> It's getting a new name/title
Could they be renaming the game?
Seems like it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well I for one trust Yoshida, if he says the game is still alive then I believe him.

To keep a trademark, you actually have to have an intent to use it in commerce at some point in the near future. So no surprises here...

gdt

It's better to just stop looking for this game. Just assume it's dead any maybe it'll surprise us in a few years.

Fury451

Banned
We really are the Last of the Guardians.

Probably a rename, or it's now an altogether different game. I'd be shocked if it was the same concept originally shown at all by this point.

If it is, it's heavily retooled.

Cess007

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

Please Sony, don't let it die
It's already dead

Top Bottom