• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Black Panther and Infinity Wars summaries

Slayven

http://www.slashfilm.com/black-panther-and-avengers-infinity-war-synopsis/

After the events of Captain America: Civil War, King T’Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country’s new leader. However, T’Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from fractions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakandan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.

MgxB6dS.jpg

Sounds like Marvel is chop and screwing "The Client" and Black Panther's origin
As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment — the fate of the Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm starting to think they cast Freeman as Ross more for this movie than his appearance in Civil War. He's gonna be way over his head and it'll be hilarious.

DrArchon

Adapting The Client loosely is a great idea. And hoping they keep Ross all "wtf is going on?" In this.

He'll be a perfect "fish out of water" character that gives them the excuse they need to have BP and everyone explain how Wakandan government and culture works. Because fuck it, T'Challa already knows what's happening, ain't gotta explain shit to him.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ahhhh it is taking every fiber of my being to not read these

bout to get 2 more 10/10 comic films

Slayven

He'll be a perfect "fish out of water" character that gives them the excuse they need to have BP and everyone explain how Wakandan government and culture works. Because fuck it, T'Challa already knows what's happening, ain't gotta explain shit to him.
Can't an entire country unify with a "Who's man is this?"?
The big questions are still if he has no pants, and will there be naked banjo?

Me and Bronsonlee will be riot if they don't at least reference it.

Black Panther sounds really promising. Loosely basing it off the client is the way to go.

I'm starting to think they cast Freeman as Ross more for this movie than his appearance in Civil War. He's gonna be way over his head and it'll be hilarious.

He's basically a member of Black Panther's supporting cast at least at one point, so yeah. He's also gonna make some deadpan "what are you doing" responses throughout the film I'd imagine.

Doctor Strange and The Avengers aren't allies yet. They haven't even met each other.

Same thing with the Guardians.

Spiderman counts, I suppose.

EDIT: I guess Steve Rogers and his band of fugitives count, now there they're no longer Avengers.

You have to remember that this summary is written for the current state of the world at the time of Infinity War. If the Strange stinger is a real thing from Thor Ragnarok, then Strange is indeed an ally of an Avenger.

The Client is one of the best things Marvel did in the 90s, let's hope the movie does it justice.
I better not see any pants in the Everett K Ross promo shots.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Marvels 2017 comic con will be as good as DCs 2015 comic con

cant wait

I just remembered that BP drops in February and Marvel movies usually have their first trailers come out about seven months before release. That'd put us right about at July, so there's a 50/50 shot we could see the first trailer for Black Panther at Comic-Con. Either that or attached to Homecoming.

I just remembered that BP drops in February and Marvel movies usually have their first trailers come out about seven months before release. That'd put us right about at July, so there's a 50/50 shot we could see the first trailer for Black Panther at Comic-Con. Either that or attached to Homecoming.

You can bet your ass at a SDCC reveal for BP.

Oh shit.

Hype.

Slayven

Damn, this is actually better. You've ruined everything.
Now you know how Bobby Roberts feels

If not on Homecoming, mos def Ragnarok

The Kree

Banned
Ross is gonna be like, "You cured the common cold? Why aren't you assholes sharing this?" and T'Challa's gonna be like, "History."

2c6b02b7ab49585131d0d1b3c1664dd4.jpg

He was pretty much the same thing in parks and rec

I would have liked him to play adult Peter Parker as a school teacher.

Top Bottom