• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German TV ad plagiarizing the shit out of Mirror's Edge

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Really looks a lot like Mirror's Edge, but I doubt it's illegal. I don't think Parcouring with oversturated white can be secured for all media.

reminder

I'm from germany, saw the ad a couple of times, and never thought of Mirror's Edge to be honest. Just a similarity, but not plagiarism.

Raiden

Banned
If they can sue them and get 40$mln to invest in ME2 then they should.

Mirrors Edge 2 is already happening, and EA has enough money as it is, you really want them to sue a small german company?

Assuming it is a small german company that is.

eXistor

Not seeing it. It's free running in a sterile environment. Yes, I suppose ME did something similar, but this isn't exactly a straight rip-off, just somewhat similar.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Mirrors Edge 2 is already happening, and EA has enough money as it is, you really want them to sue a small german company?

Assuming it is a small german company that is.
United Internet AG is approximately half as big as Electronic Arts (employees, revenue) but has higher operating income. (4x as high)

The design, movements, character's look (not her nationality, but clothes, etc) are very reminiscent of Mirror's Edge, but it's not illegal or wrong. Interesting that the roles are reversed: videogames almost universally copy other media in aesthetic (Vice City, Fallout, Bioshock etc)

Considering the fact that Mirror's Edge plagiarized the shit out of those esurance TV ads with their animated cutscenes, I'd say things have come full circle.

Valnen

Not as bad as the russian ad that ripped off the WoW: WotLK cinematic. Unfortunately that seems to no longer be on youtube though.

Top Bottom