• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

Syder

It like 20 3 plus hours shows, it like watching raw every other day
tumblr_ot5e70pY9S1qf7xjao1_500.gif

Here's the lineup for tonight's/tomorrow's show, which airs at 2AM EST/ 11PM PST

(1) Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson & David Finlay
(2) Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & El Desperado) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Tama Tonga & Chase Owens)
(3) Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & BUSHI) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon(EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi)
(4) CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Gedo) vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano & Jado)
(5) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Yuji Nagata vs. YOSHI-HASHI
(6) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale
(7) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hirooki Goto vs. Tomohiro Ishii
(8) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
(9) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi

While the G1 matches are the hightlight, the undercard looks very interesting with the CHAOS vs. CHAOS and LIJ vs. LIJ tag matches, plus the first meeting of Omega and Suzuki in a Six-man.

Jerm411

This G1 is super intriguing to me because I feel like you can make a compelling argument for what, 5 or 6 guys to win it....

I picked Naito and I still think he'll win but there's part of me that thinks to they're building to Ibushi beating Omega in the finals and then the huge rematch at WK...but would it be for the IWGP title? What happens to the U.S. Title? What about Okada?

Maybe Tana makes that improbable run to a WK main event or Suzuki just mauls everyone and Suzuki-gun is back as a dominant force...

Then there's the darkhorse picks IMO...could really see Sanada reaching the finals or ZSJ making a run...

My hype is through the roof!!!!

norm9

Having subscribed to the website last month, I'm starting to recognize the wrestlers better. Should be real cool tonight. WWE needs to bring back the round robin tournament style of Starrcade 89.

This card is siiiick even the tags sound amazing.

LIJ VS LIJ YESSSSSSS

So nice to have Kevin Kelly and Don Callis back in the saddle.

Lol I totally forgot Juice Robinson's nickname is Moon Child

Jashobeam

having all the B block guys in tags makes perfect sense, and these are some very interesting matchups like LIJ vs LIJ and Suzuki Gun vs Bullet Club. Going to be a fun show indeed

ghostmind

I'm watching the Japanese commentating, as this is how I'm used to the presentation, even though I can't understand 75% of what is being said - I get enough though.

Will give the English stream a try in a bit.

Jashobeam

finlay really needs something to stand out more, he doesn't have a good look at all, the only thing I can remember about his moveset is that he hits those turnbuckle/pads really hard.

Foggy

finlay really needs something to stand out more, he doesn't have a good look at all, the only thing I can remember about his moveset is that he hits those turnbuckle/pads really hard.

I like his backbreaker, but I agree. He's missing at least a couple pieces.

Top Bottom