• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: War For Cybertron 2 confirmed for 2012, TF MMO + Dark of Moon game news

Takao

Banned
At Hasbro's Investors Day it was announced that a sequel to this year's PS3/360/PC/Wii/DS Transformers title, Transformers: War For Cybertron, would be recieving a sequel for 2012. The original was well recieved by critics and fans alike. It is expected that High Moon Studios will return to helm the sequel, with Activision publishing.

It was also announced that the Transformers MMO has plans to expand outside of Asia.

Lastly, it was announced that next year's Transformers: The Dark of the Moon video game tie-in will be released for PS3/360/Wii and 3DS. No developer was announced.

JdFoX187

Banned
Got High Moon Studios and Dark of Moon confused. Glad to hear War for Cybertron is getting a sequel. But not sure where they can go with it. Didn't it end with what amounted to the beginning of G1?

Takao

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Dark of Moon really is the subtitle for the new movie? :lol

Whoops, Christopher Walken isn't narrating. I missed a "the" there. It's "The Dark of the Moon". Refers to dusk or twilight, or something.

Who could be doing TDOTM?

Luxoflux and Krome went belly up. Both did ROTF, while TT Games did the original, so perhaps they might be back.

And will Next Level Games return for WFC2 (err, CA2?) Wii if it gets it? Honestly they should get Rebellion on it, they made Rogue Trooper (and the Wii port) and I hear it's a great Gears-like game (even though it originated before GOW).

Next Level Games has potential, but it's like they can't fulfill it without the big N on their backs.

They're making Ghost Recon Wii which is based on CA (on-rails), I guess it looks better, but we'll see, I doubt it'll be that much better than CA...

Really glad WFC is getting a sequel, I'm not hardcore into shooters so my enjoyment of it is right up there with the new Halo and COD games:D

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Takao said:
Whoops, Christopher Walken isn't narrating. I missed a "the" there. It's "The Dark of the Moon". Refers to dusk or twilight, or something.
No, the third movie is just called Transformers: Dark of the Moon. No "the."

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

2daf8aj

gotee12

As much as I loved the first one and supported it with buying the DLC, I've still not finished WFC. Shame on me.

I hope High Moon will revamp the PS3 multiplayer in the second one. Way too many dropped sessions in WFC...

mollipen

I was trying to decide if I should just wait for a yearly update to WFC, or break down and buy the original quite late. Now I'm even more confused as what to do (since I expected a sequel next year instead of 2012... hey, it's Activision!). I wonder if WFC still has any kind of online community.

Takao

Banned
shidoshi said:
I was trying to decide if I should just wait for a yearly update to WFC, or break down and buy the original quite late. Now I'm even more confused as what to do (since I expected a sequel next year instead of 2012... hey, it's Activision!). I wonder if WFC still has any kind of online community.

Two Transformers games in the same year would've been murder (WFC2 and Dark of the Moon). The aim for the War for Cybertron franchise is to be the series that alternates between movie tie-ins.

bumpkin

Whimsical Phil said:
No, the third movie is just called Transformers: Dark of the Moon. No "the."

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

2daf8aj
Unicron or bust.

And yes, I know all the info has basically said he will not be in the story, but their excuses as to why are bullshit; it's supposedly because they won't be able to "develop his character" at all since he's too large to directly interact with other characters.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
bumpkin said:
Unicron or bust.

And yes, I know all the info has basically said he will not be in the story, but their excuses as to why are bullshit; it's supposedly because they won't be able to "develop his character" at all since he's too large to directly interact with other characters.
You know he would just end up being some sort of jagged metal cloud.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Takao said:
Lastly, it was announced that next year's Transformers: The Dark of the Moon video game tie-in will be released for PS3/360/Wii and 3DS. No developer was announced.
I imagine it is Toys for Bob—they're working on an action game slotted for next summer.

Takao

Banned
G-Fex said:
B-but devastator had so much character and depth.

At least people knew that was Devastator. Jolt was in the movie for like 2 shots, and said one line that was in the background. At first viewing, I didn't know who he was.

G-Fex

Takao said:
At least people knew that was Devastator. Jolt was in the movie for like 2 shots, and said one line that was in the background. At first viewing, I didn't know who he was.

What's funny is that everyone I talked to didn't know who that was, I said Devastator and they said that was the tank in the first movie not this combined robot thing.

So...yeah some knew. Yup all the cool characters got kinda...thrown into the background.

Hopefully, WFC2 straightens some of the original's kinks. I have great respect for High Moon Studios and wish them the best of luck on the next game.

X-Frame

WFC2 needs to really address the matchmaking, netcode, and overall performance.

They have the base gameplay down pat .. it's just a shame that the player count for WFC dropped so fast after a month of it being out. Maybe too many people still had negative views of Transformers games from the previous ones.

I liked War for Cybertron. I just want more story and more varied gameplay. There was just too much run and gun against the same enemies over and over.

Some more polish, better netcode and some support from Activision this time around and WFC2 could be something rather special.

WFC is one of my fave multi player games this gen though and I really enjoyed the single player, so I'm really pleased to hear it's get a sequel. Suprised more than anything though.

Vormund

JdFoX187 said:
But not sure where they can go with it. Didn't it end with what amounted to the beginning of G1?

Nah not really. Ark isn't even finished, and the majority that left the planet were civilians. Expect fighting over materials and diminishing energon reserves.
Cybertron is now in a shutdown process to recover from dark energon

Axiom

War for Cybertron is by far my console multiplayer experience of the generation.

But oh man, the player counts dropped so fast I couldn't justify the second map pack. There's nothing like boost jumping as a truck to the other side of the map, ramming into a group so they explode, then popping into robot form and busting heads.

Still hoping for some kind of renaissance with that game.

Wish High Moon the best of luck and am glad they aren't being made to churn one out every year.

Top Bottom