• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Telltale survey that contained Minecraft 2 also had James Bond, Borderlands 2

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sources:
https://twitter.com/AnEvilHag/status/870739420873412608
https://twitter.com/AnEvilHag/status/870744475987046400
https://twitter.com/AnEvilHag/status/870740010760376323

I've had this screenshot + some others for weeks but I never posted them.

But now that I'm 200% sure that MCSM2 is happening, here you go
In MCSM 2 the main plot is
Jesse questions his friendship with Ivor. Can Jesse and the new order of stone return home?
Might as well post these now. [Unconfirmed]

If you plan on making a post or youtube video bout this, lmk.

dbv83nqxkaeaq6ygkyld.jpg

dbwbx6txkaa0z3mc8zv3.jpg

dbwbx6sxyaanhrpwaa4u.jpg

NMFried

In for Borderlands and Bond.

Please update your engine/graphics. Batman and Guardians felt sluggish and tiresome. It worked for TWAU, TWD and Borderlands because of the style. Change it up.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
...You know, james bond would be perfect after seeing what they can do with batman

delSai

I would love a second season for Borderlands. That game was fantastic.

Dont care about Minecraft, but James Bond could be interesting.

Fuchsdh

I got Minecraft: Story Mode earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by it. It nailed the feel of the genre and managed to tell some interesting stories in the process. I'd be down for more.

But like other people, the random lags and freezes and general jank of the games is what puts me off them. Until they fix that I'm never buying one of their games full-price.

MAny of the key people that worked on Tales from the Borderlands have left the company, and joined Riot, Ubisoft and elsewhere. The includes the core writers, directors, and designers. Even though I loved Tales, S2 would be a different group of people trying to find the same magic.

Ridley327

Bond would be a pretty good fit for Telltale, especially since they can indulge on all of the other things that the series is known for that can't really be done within the confines of your average first- or third-person shooter.

jf DOOM

Loved Minecraft great game I could play with my kid. So I'm all in for a second season.

I've beaten every TT game since WD season 1 so I'll grab all 3 if they come out.

Ein Bear

Borderlands is Telltale's best game by far, I'm so damn in for season two.

Edit:

MAny of the key people that worked on Tales from the Borderlands have left the company, and joined Riot, Ubisoft and elsewhere. The includes the core writers, directors, and designers. Even though I loved Tales, S2 would be a different group of people trying to find the same magic.

Fuck, really? Hype deflated :(

pbayne

Bond could be fun. Gonna be a shit show depending on what bond they base theirs off though lol. Or maybe they'll have their own original design.

Connery or bust.

I would actually return to Telltale for Bond.

Bond could be fun. Gonna be a shit show depending on what bond they base theirs off though lol. Or maybe they'll have their own original design.

Connery or bust.

I think they should just do original design to alleviate their shitty engine.

I'm still holding out for a Strong Bad season 2.

LkgpGnX.jpg

I'm still holding out for more Sam and Max. But neither properties bring in that 💸💸

Ridley327

Connery or bust.

I would imagine that they would do an original design, since the likeness for each actor has been pretty expensive in the past.

Not playing any of their games until they fix the engine. It's just unacceptable for me now and ruins the cinematic vibes they are going for

Bummer. It could still turn out good though, who knows.

Well, in that case...bye tales.

I still need a sequel if only for,
closure after that cliffhanger!

Nudull

Banned
Fuuuuuck, I didn't even think about 007 as a Telltale game. Hype!

Kinda iffy about Borderlands 2 after how well the first game ended, but I'm sure the writers have a good story to tell.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Still not making a followup season to their best fucking game??

AKA THE WOLF AMONG US

Not much of a rumor when these titles along with TWD: A New Frontier DLC was discovered in the New Frontier files along with half of the episode 5 choices like a month ago but yes i'm glad to see Borderlands and even Minecraft back!

I'd be interested in a Bond game but my interest is heavily reduced by the engine and art that I personally find ugly and incredibly dated.

Borderlands: Season 2 could be excellent. Bond seems like a harder sell - Telltale rarely does action well, and a Bond story with sub-par action hardly seems worth telling at all.

Wasn't that confirmed back when it released?
confirmed around the finale IIRC yes so we have

Guardians of the Galaxy (current)
Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 (likely mid summer)
The Walking Dead: New Frontier Clementine DLC (sooner rather than later)
Tales from the Borderlands Season 2
Game of Thrones Season 2
Telltale's Super Show (original IP maybe cancelled)

I got Minecraft: Story Mode earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by it. It nailed the feel of the genre and managed to tell some interesting stories in the process. I'd be down for more.

But like other people, the random lags and freezes and general jank of the games is what puts me off them. Until they fix that I'm never buying one of their games full-price.
I wasn't a huge fan of the first 4 episodes because they were sooooo Telltale. Like, they went in on every Telltale cliche HARD, and it was kind off-tone from what I expected. PG Walking Dead almost.

The second 4 episodes were great though. I liked how each episode was a weird, self-contained story that each did different things.

I'd be interested in a Bond game but my interest is heavily reduced by the engine and art that I personally find ugly and incredibly dated.

Same. It would have to be an original interpretation of Bond, not emulating one of the actors.

I'll make an exception for Lazenby though. He needs more love.

13ruce

Banned
Please don't let it be Daniel Craig guy does not even have a James Bond Look at all....
Use Roger Moore out of respect or some new complete look (british atleast ofc).

Boem

BORDERLANDS TWO

OH SHIT

Don't get your hopes up. The writers who wrote the first one have left Telltale by now, and they're working at completely different companies (with some of them having left games altogether for TV/Film).

It might still be good, but it won't be the same team.

Yukinari

Telltale really has become the company where they abandon a franchise in favor of the next thing to hop onto.

Im shocked we even got 3 seasons of Sam&Max.

I know people beg for telltale to do a Gravity Falls game
rather give it to DONTNOD - make it a cel-shaded LiS
, but Id rather them make a game based on this:

51iGxMphfSL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Top Bottom